Mazda Bt-50 Launched

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 MPH jeeeez thats fast.cheesy.gif.

We are talking high c of g pickups on Thai roads.

100 mph is fastest I've ever driven. Chevy Suburban in Saudi & old MGB GT on UK motorway (fortunately with the latter had all 3 lanes to myself).

Correct M.E Smith, they should be banned from th O.S. Lane due to the Hi c of g.,and governed to 65 Kph.coffee1.gif

Where do you drive over 160kph? On a recent trip on the BKK ring road / toll road, cruising at 120 - 130 kph, very few cars were going much more. Another keyboard bullsh1tter? Byee thumbsup.giflaugh.png

• Like 1

I drive a 3.2 and have no idea if a 2.2 is faster or not.. If not
carrying any weight it could be, all I know the acceleration on the 3.2 is
good where it matters and that is from 80 to 120 to overtake. Most roads I go on 100 kph is as fast as I and most road
users go

good where it matters and that is from 80 to 120 to overtake. Most roads I go on 100 kph is as fast as I and most road

users go

The 2.2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down on HP and torque than the 3.2 and they have the same final drive ratio. sad.png Noooooooooooo contest.

users go

The 2.2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down on HP and torque than the 3.2 and they have the same final drive ratio. sad.png Noooooooooooo contest.

Drove to Mae Sai & back from Chiang Mai today on hwy 118. I wouldn't want any more power with my 2.2 Ranger. Awesome acceleration up the hills. Overtaking with ease. On one steep climb, I was relieved the vigo in front got out the way into the slow lane. Anymore power I may have gone airborne.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I hope you guys are give me some inputs helping me make up my mind, thanks.

I will post this in Ranger forum as well.

now a few months on from your post.....what did you end up buying???? what was the price difference between the Ford and the Mazda??

Realize this is a bit of an older topic, but looking at buying one of these and Mazda's website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of real info, pricing, model variants etc.

Is there a model available with the 2.2L engine, 6 speed MT, 4x4, ABS, some added interior goodies? I can't seem to find if they have this spec, and if so then how much it costs.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I hope you guys are give me some inputs helping me make up my mind, thanks.

I will post this in Ranger forum as well.

now a few months on from your post.....what did you end up buying???? what was the price difference between the Ford and the Mazda??

I bought the WT2.2 2wd, love it.

I paid 865k baht and it cost 915k baht now I think.

I can't remember the price for the BT50 but slightly less than the WT.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Iam 99% certain that they don't do a 4x4 with the 2.2 engine.

Hi, They list a 2.2L 4x4 model in the eBrochure in their website, and it is available in other export markets, but I wouldn't put it past them to not have it here. No info or specs of any use anywhere...

Correct M.E Smith, they should be banned from th O.S. Lane due to the Hi c of g.,and governed to 65 Kph.coffee1.gif

Where do you drive over 160kph? On a recent trip on the BKK ring road / toll road, cruising at 120 - 130 kph, very few cars were going much more. Another keyboard bullsh1tter? Byee thumbsup.giflaugh.png

The motorway at night on a weekday, there are a bunch of high powered cars "testing" their vehicle.

Last time I was going 140 kp/h at 3 AM on the way back from an event and I was passed by a train of Porsches, Ferraris, etc.

I felt like I was standing still :)

• 3 weeks later...

Iam 99% certain that they don't do a 4x4 with the 2.2 engine.

Realize this is a bit of an older topic, but looking at buying one of these and Mazda's website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of real info, pricing, model variants etc.

Is there a model available with the 2.2L engine, 6 speed MT, 4x4, ABS, some added interior goodies? I can't seem to find if they have this spec, and if so then how much it costs.

Cheers

There isn't a 2.2 4x4 from Mazda. But there is 2.2 4x4 Ranger in Thailand from Ford but it costs more than 3.2 4x4 BT-50 Pro from Mazda.

Edited by gosompoi

Possibly overloaded with Watermelons , or Village People.beatdeadhorse.gifdrunk.gif

I don't think carrying an indian,a cowboy, a construction worker, a policeman, a GI and a biker would break the driveshaft on a truck. It would probably ruin your credibility in heterosexual company, result in lost dinner party invitations and mean that many women would want to be your friend. Perhaps he should also refuse lifts to the Pet Shop Boys and Right Said Fred.

• Like 2

Possibly overloaded with Watermelons , or Village People.beatdeadhorse.gifdrunk.gif

I don't think carrying an indian,a cowboy, a construction worker, a policeman, a GI and a biker would break the driveshaft on a truck. It would probably ruin your credibility in heterosexual company, result in lost dinner party invitations and mean that many women would want to be your friend. Perhaps he should also refuse lifts to the Pet Shop Boys and Right Said Fred.

Seen in Khon Khaen yesterday

post-30245-0-49538600-1371871187_thumb.j

• Like 1

My USB had '''New York City Boy'' on it by the Pet Shop Boys and I heard a sound from the rear of the vehicle, possibly the drive shaft. From now on I will not give rides to gay icons and I will not play gay anthoms in the truck. I think Mazda should issue a warning.

just thought i'd give an update on delivery times. ordered my 3.2 4X4 AT BT-50 on June 7th from the Sukhumvit 65 Mazda dealer. picked it up yesterday and love it so far.

thanks to everyone here for all the info posted.

does anyone know a good place in Bangkok to find larger tires, like Yokohama, Cooper, Toyo, etc.. i've been looking for some 285/70-17's to put on the stock rims but everywhere i've called said they didn't have them and don't think they can order them.

just thought i'd give an update on delivery times. ordered my 3.2 4X4 AT BT-50 on June 7th from the Sukhumvit 65 Mazda dealer. picked it up yesterday and love it so far.

does anyone know a good place in Bangkok to find larger tires, like Yokohama, Cooper, Toyo, etc.. i've been looking for some 285/70-17's to put on the stock rims but everywhere i've called said they didn't have them and don't think they can order them.

I have the same model, love it, 20,000km already on it. So far no problems but I did upgrade the headlight bulbs to Osram 12v H4 Bilux 100/80w bulbs for about 150 baht each. When I purchased mine I thought it came with low-water level light for the window washer fluid but that doesn't seem to be an included feature. Otherwise I have taken it off-road almost twice a week.

Curious, if you don't mind me asking, what goodies came with yours and at what price.

In Chonburi, Mazda sales sent me a quote for 1,003,000 including insurance, lamina, liner, 2800 deposit for red plate?, and exciting deal makers like floor mats and a licence plate holder. Seems all the Mazda dealerships on the East Coast are owned by the same people. If I register it in Pattaya it's 9,500 baht, in Bangkok 10k. Will I gain more face is I splurge on the Bangkok lol.

it took them 4 days to send me a quote - i am waiting for more info on Down Payment and finance over 4 years...I estimate I will get this info by end of next week. I did ask for delivery times....

• Like 1

Curious, if you don't mind me asking, what goodies came with yours and at what price.

In Chonburi, Mazda sales sent me a quote for 1,003,000 including insurance, lamina, liner, 2800 deposit for red plate?, and exciting deal makers like floor mats and a licence plate holder. Seems all the Mazda dealerships on the East Coast are owned by the same people. If I register it in Pattaya it's 9,500 baht, in Bangkok 10k. Will I gain more face is I splurge on the Bangkok lol.

it took them 4 days to send me a quote - i am waiting for more info on Down Payment and finance over 4 years...I estimate I will get this info by end of next week. I did ask for delivery times....

mine 990,000 with all the same goodies. red plate deposit was 3000 and registration 9,800.

Mine was 981,000 (ordered when they first where available but did not arrive until August Last year). I got free front and rear rubber floor mats, bed liner, 2,000 for fuel, free 1st year insurance, a pillow, first three services for free at 1k,10k and 20k and 3m tint film and four door window visors. The 2,000 for fuel was from Mazda for waiting 7 months. They were out of red plates so I just drove around for four months without any plate which cost 200 baht for a fine from the bib once.

Edited by gosompoi