Using Toothpick In Public, Don'T You Think Its Ugly?

frankxxxxxxxxxx

Which 'civilised' part of the world are you from Frank? Even the world famous Cordon Bleu restaurant in Paris will put toothpicks on the tables. Perhaps they have a large Thai clientele! I have eaten in restaurants across the world and it seems to me that toothpicks are not taboo.

While I have no doubt about the capable and adroit use of your arse picking finger, I see no parallel.

However, the awful hawking and disgusting noise of gathering phlegm to then spit into the street is not quite so pleasant...and unfortunately it does seem to be a part of asian street life.

I note that many Thais that I dine with do not pick their teeth at the table. They also demonstrate table manners that I haven't seen since I was a kid and would suffer the admonishment of my mum if I did not do the same. Perhaps. it's a reflection of the people and their upbringing. I also admit to picking my teeth at the table, but the catch is that my Thai friend told me to stop, and that it was disgusting. He was right. Now I wait to get home and floss or I pick my teeth discreetly.

I see nothing wrong with using a toothpick, however my Thai partner gets really 'cranky' if i don't do as Thais do and cover my mouth.

But what i really hate and find revolting is the filthy habit, mainly perpetrated by young Thai girls , of constantly shoving a menthol type inhaler up their nostrils, even when serving customers. Some girls have one of these things constantly in their hand.........YUK

I see nothing wrong with using a toothpick, however my Thai partner gets really 'cranky' if i don't do as Thais do and cover my mouth.

But what i really hate and find revolting is the filthy habit, mainly perpetrated by young Thai girls , of constantly shoving a menthol type inhaler up their nostrils, even when serving customers. Some girls have one of these things constantly in their hand.........YUK

Some people find lighting one's farts offensive, but that is because they have no sense of humour

SC

• Like 1

Some people find lighting one's farts offensive, but that is because they have no sense of humour

SC

Whatever turns you on i suppose!...............good luck with it.

I note that many Thais that I dine with do not pick their teeth at the table. They also demonstrate table manners that I haven't seen since I was a kid and would suffer the admonishment of my mum if I did not do the same. Perhaps. it's a reflection of the people and their upbringing. I also admit to picking my teeth at the table, but the catch is that my Thai friend told me to stop, and that it was disgusting. He was right. Now I wait to get home and floss or I pick my teeth discreetly.

It's very normal in Thailand and you can see people from all professions and levels doing it at restaurants etc.

Nothing wrong with it, provided the mouth is covered.

Exactly! Or closed which is easy enough to do and much less repugnant then walking around and speaking with food in between your teeth bah.gif .. And shock shock1.gif I'm from a civilized country where the practice originated in the first place, civilized countries that is rolleyes.gif ....

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

You wouldn't do it in your own country if you come from a civilized part of the world, so why doing it here ?

Even with your hand in front it's so low so to do that, exactly as if I put my finger in my axx....

Do you agree ?

No and what do you want to provoke with this one?

You wouldn't do it in your own country if you come from a civilized part of the world, so why doing it here ?

Even with your hand in front it's so low so to do that, exactly as if I put my finger in my axx....

Do you agree ?

No and what do you want to provoke with this one?

You know, I don't think it is the same as putting one's finger up one's arse. I don't see any similarities at all.

I'm as equally likely to use a tooth pick wherever I am, I think... maybe more likely if I'm somewhere where they are put on the table... thouggh personally I prefer to use my tongue to dislodge food particles. But for those stubborn cricket wings...

SC

• Like 1

Of course it's disgusting, should be done in private, not in front of others even hidden by the other hand...

We do not do this in public in Europe.

The only reason I don't do it in Europe is because, annoyingly, toothpicks are rarely provided. No more than a few seconds worth should be enough anyway.