New Pcx 150

tekinsel

Just had a thought. Would this mean making some alterations to the green book?

Hi,, I changed all the bodywork from silver/ brown to all black and I had to take my 125 to the transport office after the colour change where they checked the serial number with the info on the green book, also made a number of other checks, the only question asked was why I wanted to change colour (told them damaged bodywork due to accident and wanted colour change), paid 20 baht and they made the amendment to the green book,, I suspect even changing only the plastics would still require a visit to the transport office since the primary and secondary colour of the PCX are noted in the green book..

p.s - I think Brian possibly misread your question as I previously did, since I wouldn't have thought the cost of renewing only the secondary colour (red plastics)on the white150 would be around the same price (5,000)as renewing both primary and secondary colours (plastics+bodywork)on the 125 ??

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

selling my hardly used MAITHAi PCX seat black/red for THB 1.000 (new 3.000 receipt 04/2012) due to gf has to short legs for the risen sozia position.

I am in Pattaya

Cheers J

post-138940-0-64077200-1342671182_thumb.

Edited by MrJ

Hi All,

selling my hardly used MAITHAi PCX seat black/red for THB 1.000 (new 3.000 receipt 04/2012) due to gf has to short legs for the risen sozia position.

I am in Pattaya

Cheers J

You have a PM.

Thanks.

Has a deal been struck? If not, I'm interested too

As I'm considering buying, let's see if I 'get' the directions of this thread correctly, please:

If I am understanding contributors correctly, the PCX 150 is not much faster than the non-modified 125 at the top end, and (GPS) probably no better than 110 with 100kilos up.

It has an improved fuel cover and maintains wonderful fuel efficiency for such a weighty and comfortable bike.

It loses virtually nothing as compared to the earlier 125, except .2 l of fuel capacity. Rear springs improved?

Its acceleration is improved, which might be matched by some uphill weight-carrying ability.

The seat, for many of us, is still unacceptable because of the hump.

Nowadays, 79,000 baht with theft insurance, all in otherwise, would not be a bad price up here in Chiang Mai (I'd settle for black on red)?

As I'm considering buying, let's see if I 'get' the directions of this thread correctly, please:

If I am understanding contributors correctly, the PCX 150 is not much faster than the non-modified 125 at the top end, and (GPS) probably no better than 110 with 100kilos up.

It has an improved fuel cover and maintains wonderful fuel efficiency for such a weighty and comfortable bike.

It loses virtually nothing as compared to the earlier 125, except .2 l of fuel capacity. Rear springs improved?

Its acceleration is improved, which might be matched by some uphill weight-carrying ability.

Nowadays, 79,000 baht with theft insurance, all in otherwise, would not be a bad price up here in Chiang Mai (I'd settle for black on red)?

correct dear

I've got nearly 1100 klicks on mine and the only sore point, apart from my bottom, is the fact the rear suspension is rubbish! If the main market in LOS is farang expats, Honda have let us down badly. Not bl00dy happy! annoyed.gif

I've got nearly 1100 klicks on mine and the only sore point, apart from my bottom, is the fact the rear suspension is rubbish! If the main market in LOS is farang expats, Honda have let us down badly. Not bl00dy happy! annoyed.gif

Yes I agree, on mine when the wife goes with me, the suspension hits the stop when going over a speed bump (slowly) and that no good. Wife is app. 50 kg and I am app 95kg so not overloaded.

I don't think you can adjust the rear suspension so only option is to upgrade with after market stuff.

Hi All,

I am in Pattaya

Cheers J

Wouldn't it be easier to change your GF............ lol

Yes I agree, on mine when the wife goes with me, the suspension hits the stop when going over a speed bump (slowly) and that no good. Wife is app. 50 kg and I am app 95kg so not overloaded.

I don't think you can adjust the rear suspension so only option is to upgrade with after market stuff.

My GF is only 44kg and I a paltry 96kg which means we are lighter and still have trouble going slowly over speed humps!

Returning to Pattaya from Huay Yai the other night via the bypass, not long after making the turn from the end, we hit a hell of a bump that had me airborne momentarily...which did nothing to improve the rear suspension.

Good news with plastic bits. Changing the red bits to black, not fuel lid, that will be chrome, is only 1300 baht at Mityon. Should arrive in a week.

Stopped by a Honda Dealer here in the states, shopping for a jacket, they had a PCX125 on the floor selling for 3,300.00 dollars. I asked the sales man if they had the PCX150 and they will not arrive until 2013. They did have a click lke scooter on the floor with 150cc engine. This bike was bigger than the click and had a tall wind screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just today swapped my old PCX 125 for a brand new PCX 150,this may sound like a daft question to those in the know,but do I have to run it in for so many km or not,should I stick to a maximum speed for so many km,cheers Stoneyboy.

No need to run it in, just twist and go ..............as fast as you want

Out of interest .....How much did they give you in trade in ?

30,000 baht,but I brought it second hand,and i was involved in a smash which was only really cosmetic but the front mud guard was smashed and glued,many scratches on the panels,damage to the front shock absorber aluminium part,14,000 km on the clock.

943 baht to change the red bits to black....not including the fuel flap. They quoted me 1300 originally, but I said I wanted to fit the bits myself so they cut the price. Thats OK as I wanted to fit louder horns, fit LEDs and see if I can replace the alarm beeper with a horn that I have spare.

943 baht to change the red bits to black....not including the fuel flap. They quoted me 1300 originally, but I said I wanted to fit the bits myself so they cut the price. Thats OK as I wanted to fit louder horns, fit LEDs and see if I can replace the alarm beeper with a horn that I have spare.

Just curious, but what brand louder horns did you get? The horn on my Ducati might be lightweight but it sounds pathetic :)

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

I noticed just yesterday quite a chatter from the front end when starting off. This seemed to get less as the bike warmed up. Is this normal? Or possibly something to do with the (old, yet to be replaced) faulty tyres?

Same here, a slight rattle in the front end, I've changed the tyres but the chatter still there.

Just curious, but what brand louder horns did you get? The horn on my Ducati might be lightweight but it sounds pathetic smile.png

I've got a Stebel compact air horn that bangs out 119db and a Korean copy which belts out 134db. I am thinking the copy.

post-63954-0-81774600-1344174522_thumb.p

PS: I've tried 2 different brands of normal dual tone horns from local bike shops and their krap. Lately I've just been yelling at the morons....until I get a horse throat!

Edited by BSJ

As a mat

Just curious, but what brand louder horns did you get? The horn on my Ducati might be lightweight but it sounds pathetic smile.png

I've got a Stebel compact air horn that bangs out 119db and a Korean copy which belts out 134db. I am thinking the copy.

PS: I've tried 2 different brands of normal dual tone horns from local bike shops and their krap. Lately I've just been yelling at the morons....until I get a horse throat!

As a matter of interest do you use the horn a lot, if i use it once a week i think it would be a lot from the odd dog in the road,, are they a benefit?

As a mat

As a matter of interest do you use the horn a lot, if i use it once a week i think it would be a lot from the odd dog in the road,, are they a benefit?

There priceless. When you let em rip about 5 metres behind Sumchai he thinks he is about to go under a big bus. They move the unmovable!

Ah Sebel. Now that you mention the brand, I do know of them. Though I like the idea of having a compressor style horn, I know seek make a straight electric, no compressor style. They are still loud though. Thanks again :)

I noticed just yesterday quite a chatter from the front end when starting off. This seemed to get less as the bike warmed up. Is this normal? Or possibly something to do with the (old, yet to be replaced) faulty tyres?

Same here, a slight rattle in the front end, I've changed the tyres but the chatter still there.

I did some research and concluded that this is actually due to the CVT transmission system. Effectively, the bike is actually starting on 2nd gear and thus the slight chatter/shake. One way to overcome this is to expand the gap by putting in a washer so that the drive belt can slip lower. Might try that one day.

A horn in Thailand? I removed mine from my old cbr150 as i was about to get into a brawl couple of times as we use horn more in our countries - as it took a long time for me to adjust to a no horn environment.

I have seen people fighting on the road just because one horn in Thailand. Cannot imagine you pumping a horn over 100 decibels here, dangerous for your healthbiggrin.png

It can even be dangerous for others as 134 decibels is like a jet engine. Drivers can startle, imagine yourself passing a big truck and the guy pumping it while you are taking it over.

Edited by loserlazer

I think it would be a matter of how you use the horn. Afterall, buses have (and use) loud horns here all the time. Personally, I think anything that is not overly loud, but different-sounding from the typical car or small-bike horn would be fun for a car or bike. Just want to get their attention when they do something dumb like enter the roadway without looking first at oncoming traffic, or are itching to make a U-turn in spite of the oncoming (you!) traffic. One of those echoing Vietnam-style horns would be cool too.

So, anywhere to get any of these different horns in Thailand, like the Stebel mentioned before?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by Sam Drucker

A horn in Thailand? I removed mine from my old cbr150 as i was about to get into a brawl couple of times as we use horn more in our countries - as it took a long time for me to adjust to a no horn environment.

I have seen people fighting on the road just because one horn in Thailand. Cannot imagine you pumping a horn over 100 decibels here, dangerous for your healthbiggrin.png

It can even be dangerous for others as 134 decibels is like a jet engine. Drivers can startle, imagine yourself passing a big truck and the guy pumping it while you are taking it over.

Maybe you part of Thailand is different. Here in Pattaya even in the Soi I live in people use the horn. The tourists just wander around on the road like cattle.

maybe for Pattaya as you are right about the cattle movign like they are eating grass on the fieldbiggrin.png there and people Thai and/or foreigners does not respect each other at all but where i am living in Bangkok, it is nearly a taboo. - i am living outside of areas like Sukhumvit, Silom etc on old part of Bangkok.

Pumping the horn is like cursing someone here and some month ago, i remember and incident that a scooterist shot a car driver down in the traffic due to a hornsick.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a lot of customers install after market horns on their motorcycles. The problem with them in my opinion is that they sound like car horns. I think it could cause confusion, as when you beep the horn people will be looking for another car, not a motorcycle.

• 3 weeks later...