Shooting Accident ?

thequietman

True story, happened today.

Two young men from the next village to mine went hunting for wild pigs in the jungles close by.

However one returned this morning alive and the other dead. He had carried his dead friend over his shoulders back through the jungle and countryside for hours. he was exhausted when he arrived back.

he proceeded to tell everyone who gathered round what had happened.

This is his story................ he explained that they both agreed to seperate in the jungle, one going left and the other going the opposite in an attempt to flush out any wild pigs.

I think you know what happens next. He said he saw movement and shot only to find he had shot his friend dead.

Now, I have heard about this happening and so wasn,t my usual suspicious self. It can happen and all the villagers were sympathetic with this young man. I had my usual questions but decided to accept the story as did everyone else. The doctor was called to do the death cert and the family of the dead man started to get ready for the wake and burial.

Now, heres the interesting part........................ on checking the body, the doctor noted that the dead man had been shot................. 3 times !

Obviously the police were contacted and the villagers were left to speculate. The young man who is alive still maintains his story.

So, your thought please, accident or not ?

For the record, I think he is a lying toe-rag and shot his friend in a drunken rage. How the hell do you mistake someone for a pig three times. drunk.gif

Edited by thequietman

It could be possible. Keep in mind wild pigs are actually wild boar. They have a nasty disposition. If he shot at some brush that was moving and hit his friend in the head the friend wouldn't say anything. Then approaching the boar he may have fired two more shots to make sure the animal is dead before approaching it. Wild boars can be dangerous.

However, what he was doing seems strange in a hunting context. Splitting up and not knowing where your buddy is? Not shouting out, "hey is that you" before shooting? Kind of weird.

He panicked, a police here in Sweden shot 11 bullets through a window to a gym last week, all missed the robber in the street aiming at him whit a starter pistol.

So what ever happened, the young man in your story aims pretty well.

Edited by Baxer

What was the weapon?

I see hunters in my area quite a lot, but the weapons look like single shot, long barrel rifle of sorts.

id hate to wing a big incoming tiger with a single shot rifle......:)

What was the weapon?

I see hunters in my area quite a lot, but the weapons look like single shot, long barrel rifle of sorts.

id hate to wing a big incoming tiger with a single shot rifle......smile.png

I don't think Tigers are a major concern in Thailand.

...although a pissed of Macaque monkey that you only clipped could be a whole other story.

Lots of boars where I live & I would have to say this story is debatable at best

If he shot once & did not hit his pal in the head the pal is now screaming. Why shoot more?

If he did shoot him in the head he is most likely not moving to a degree that makes the shooter think

the boar is alive/dangerous & needs to be shot twice more.

If the pal is in the bush as the shooter said & the shooter is able to hit him 3x the shooter must have X-ray vision

or shot 10-15 times to get the 3 hits

If instead his pal had in fact shot a boar even once & it was not a heart lung shot the boar is not staying put in the bush thrashing.

He is moving .....

So at the end of the day if I am a thinking relative of the dead guy I am not buying it.

Is this the 1st time this guy ever went hunting? If not even more suspicious I am of him

Edited by flying
  • Like 1

Because he pulled the trigger 3 times doesn't make him a murderer. He probably would have put 3 or more bullets into a pig, especially if he is a bad shot AND drunk.

Where did the 'drunk' information come from?

comes from thaivisa speculation department

its prevalent in most threads

Those who have fired a weapon know exactly what your firing at when looking through the sights and l know it isn't that easy to hit your target once, let alone 3 times. If a shot gun, then a little different, point and hope for the best.

Depending on the caliber, l would suggest the guy would have fell to the ground on the first hit, the other 2 in my eyes is very suspicious.

PS. Unless an M16 was used, which can release 3 shots with one pull.

Edited by transam

Apparently he did yell out and ask his friend if he was dead....his friend said no....so he shot again....called out again ...sure.....no......3rd shot was the decider.

Mind you....something not unexpected about thais going pig hunting at 30 paces.

Just as a FYI here is your "wild pig"

wild-boar-in-omkoi-ws.jpg

Looks just like many farangs I see in Pattaya... although maybe not quite so fat.

Now, now Ian... that's way, way below your usual standard of pithy wit and deep insight of foreigners in your chosen home.

After a lifetime of watching TV shows such as CSI Miami and Ironside I am fully qualified to investigate the possible guilt of this young man.

In Glasgow, due to the prevalence of bullet proof vests, we have a special method of dispatching hoods and gangsters. It's called the Glasgow Send Off, and it involves shooting the bad boys in the ass.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Glasgow%20Send-off

Having personally been face to face with a wild boar, ( not to be confused with a wild bore, often seen in Thai bars complaining about their pensions being frozen ), I have deduced that the three shots should have been below waist level. Not unless the Wild Boar in question was the rare "Tree Climbing Wild Boarealis" found in some remote parts of Thailand.

So, if the OP could inform us of the location of the bullet wounds, we will have a poll and decide if this young man is guilty.

What was the weapon?

I don't think tiger hunting is politically acceptable now.

Most of the tigers' willies you see in the Chinese Medicine shops are just Polish sausage

SC

After a lifetime of watching TV shows such as CSI Miami and Ironside I am fully qualified to investigate the possible guilt of this young man.

In Glasgow, due to the prevalence of bullet proof vests, we have a special method of dispatching hoods and gangsters. It's called the Glasgow Send Off, and it involves shooting the bad boys in the ass.

http://www.urbandict...sgow%20Send-off

Having personally been face to face with a wild boar, ( not to be confused with a wild bore, often seen in Thai bars complaining about their pensions being frozen ), I have deduced that the three shots should have been below waist level. Not unless the Wild Boar in question was the rare "Tree Climbing Wild Boarealis" found in some remote parts of Thailand.

So, if the OP could inform us of the location of the bullet wounds, we will have a poll and decide if this young man is guilty.

"Not unless the Wild Boar in question was the rare "Tree Climbing Wild Boarealis" found in some remote parts of Thailand"

That would be an Arborealis boarealis

SC

Edit: Sometimes (laughingly) called a Flying Boar, as it leaps from tree to tree, almost.

Edited by StreetCowboy

"Not unless the Wild Boar in question was the rare "Tree Climbing Wild Boarealis" found in some remote parts of Thailand"

SC

Edit: Sometimes (laughingly) called a Flying Boar, as it leaps from tree to tree, almost.

nope, that is Aero Boarealis

Edited by nocturn

SC

A close relative of the Flying Pig...........only ever seen when there is not a UK pensions thread on TV.

SC

A close relative of the Flying Pig...........only ever seen when there is not a UK pensions thread on TV.

You may scoff but I refer you to flying zebras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-x8IiRM54

SC

Edit: slightly less unpleasant version of clip posted

Edited by StreetCowboy

What was the weapon?

I don't think tiger hunting is politically acceptable now.

Most of the tigers' willies you see in the Chinese Medicine shops are just Polish sausage

SC

hunting the Polish with rifles would probably be too popular if it was legalised .........

I don't know what the fuss is about? It happens all the time in France when the hunting season starts! Dogs, hunters, walkers, they all get mistaken for boars!

Mind you, when you happen to pass a bar at 5am in September / October and you see all the hunters downing their pastis and cafe/calva, you know you'd better stay at home that day and not go mushroom picking...

And when you see how unchecked the regulations are in France ( not allowed to face the road with a loaded gun? Really?!!!, not allowed to be less than quite a long distance from houses and not face the said houses with a loaded gun? really? how come my parents shutters are full of bullet holes then? and so on) it's not wonder how this kind of thing can happen here!!! Accidents happen, specially when anybody can wander around with shotguns. Look at what happens in Bangkok! So many people go boar hunting and guess what? They shoot people!! Or in USA, or other countries where these dam_n things are allowed!