Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Croc Bait

There are rumours about a guy up in far north Queensland who regularly swims a crocodile infested river every day to earn a living from tourists.

He wears a T-shirt with a Collingwood logo and the words "Magpies for Premiers in 2002" on it.

When asked how he avoids being taken by a croc he replies "Not even a croc would swallow that!!"

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Croc Bait

There are rumours about a guy up in far north Queensland who regularly swims a crocodile infested river every day to earn a living from tourists.

He wears a T-shirt with a Collingwood logo and the words "Magpies for Premiers in 2002" on it.

When asked how he avoids being taken by a croc he replies "Not even a croc would swallow that!!"

laugh.png

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Eddie was at school one morning and the teacher asked all the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came out, Fireman, Policeman, Salesman, Chippy, Captain of Industry etc, but Eddie was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father is an exotic dancer in a gay club and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer is really good, he'll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let them sleep with him."

The teacher quickly set the other children some work and took little Eddie aside to ask him if that was really true.

"No" said Edward, "He plays football for Collingwood but I was just too embarrassed to say."

Good win the Eagles.

Pity we don't get to watch next weeks Western Derby

between Freo and WCE.

With the game being on a Sat, I thought it was a chance

to be shown but not to be.

Regards

Will

Didn't realize it was on the Saturday. A danger game, and a must win, for the Eagles if they are to have a chance. (only top 4 win premierships).

Freo has improved recently and are contenders for the hotly contested position 8 on the ladder. Could be a good game.

I like to watch West Coast live every week, so when the game's not on the OZ Network I use; http://www.afl.livesport.tv/

It's about 600 Baht/month or 300 Baht for 7 days and shows live streams of every game each round. Replays of each game seem to be available 8-12 hours after they have finished.The streams aren't always crystal clear but definitely more than watchable, if you like viewing your team every week.

I'd love to watch WCE but the internet where I am won't allow a decent stream or even downloadsad.png

Old croc said

Another loss to the Eagles then!

Virtually every one of their games televised by Australian Network this year has been a losing one!

An exception was the GWS game early in the season.

Old Croc, that because the majority of the WCE games they show are away games.

This one isn't and I think we should win at home.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Good win the Eagles.

Pity we don't get to watch next weeks Western Derby

between Freo and WCE.

With the game being on a Sat, I thought it was a chance

to be shown but not to be.

Regards

Will

Didn't realize it was on the Saturday. A danger game, and a must win, for the Eagles if they are to have a chance. (only top 4 win premierships).

Freo has improved recently and are contenders for the hotly contested position 8 on the ladder. Could be a good game.

I like to watch West Coast live every week, so when the game's not on the OZ Network I use; http://www.afl.livesport.tv/

It's about 600 Baht/month or 300 Baht for 7 days and shows live streams of every game each round. Replays of each game seem to be available 8-12 hours after they have finished.The streams aren't always crystal clear but definitely more than watchable, if you like viewing your team every week.

On Friday 10/08 Australian Network is showing West Coast V Geelong at 1730. That unless they change their minds. That should be a good game.

http://australianetw...10_thailand.htm

They always play the Friday night game as it's the only one one.

We should be safe.

Regards

Will

They always play the Friday night game as it's the only one one.

We should be safe.

Regards

Will

Very early in the season one of the WA teams had a Friday night game and they televised it at 2200. I think that they have received a few complaints and we will see it at 1730. This will be live as it is scheduled for 1840 Perth time.

What a game tonight. I tipped Hawthorn to win but I was very glad to see Geelong win. It was a very good game.It was a great come back from Hawthorn after the first quarter. As a Swans supporter it was a fantastic result.

You're right mate, just about the best game of the year.

Now can some of you guys help me out?

After the footy last night, I was channel surfing on True and

noticed that on channel 113 ASN, they have "Australian Football League"

advertised at several times on the weekend. Most of the slots are for 30

minutes but there are also 2 on Sunday scheduled for 2.5 hours.

I assume it's only available on platinum but if anyone could have a look

and advise the games, I would appreciate it.

Bottom line, if they're showing games that aren't show by the Australian Network Channel,

it's time for an upgrade.

Having said that, they might be older games so would be interested to find out.

Regards

Will

What a game tonight. I tipped Hawthorn to win but I was very glad to see Geelong win. It was a very good game.It was a great come back from Hawthorn after the first quarter. As a Swans supporter it was a fantastic result.

Bottom line, if they're showing games that aren't show by the Australian Network Channel,

Regards

Will

Go to this link http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/default.aspx#fixtureid=7813&tab=Live it will give you all the games for the weekend. I

Regards

Will

Just an update Trend Setters

Saw this on the AFL website

"ASN will bring you 1 Live and 2 delayed matches from each round of AFL along

with weekly highlight program and we will feature the best matches of the Final Series and Grand Final."

And the ASN website says they will telecast the Syd/Ess game live on Sunday.

They will then show the WCE/Freo game on Monday at 5.00 pm and the Carl/Syd

game on Tues at 7:30pm.

Platinum here I come fella's.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

with weekly highlight program and we will feature the best matches of the Final Series and Grand Final."

Regards

Will

Sydney play Carlton on Sunday. Syd/Ess game is an old game.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

Sydney play Carlton on Sunday. Syd/Ess game is an old game.

Oops, typo there.

They will be showing the Ade/Ess game live on Sunday and

will be replaying the WCE/Freo on Monday and the Car/Syd

game on Tuesday.

See here

http://www.asn.tv/afl.php

Regards

Will

Im a couple different..

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

GWS (they have to win one game surely!)

West Coast

Collingwood

Richmond

Gold Coast

Swans

Adelaide

Well picked on G W S.

Thanks ron! They haven't been playing that badly recently...well, for the first two quarters anyway. laugh.png

Im a couple different..

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

Collingwood

Richmond

Gold Coast

Swans

Adelaide

Well picked on G W S.

Well done Bookman for tipping GWS

Ron your team also had a good win

Im a couple different..

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

Collingwood

Richmond

Gold Coast

Swans

Adelaide

Well picked on G W S.

Thanks rip.

You and Ron sure know your stuff, picking Fremantle, they walloped WCE. (i really thought WCE would be back up there this week.)

Im a couple different..

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

Collingwood

Richmond

Gold Coast

Swans

Adelaide

Well picked on G W S.

Thanks rip.

You and Ron sure know your stuff, picking Fremantle, they walloped WCE. (i really thought WCE would be back up there this week.)

You can't take anything away from Fremantle but West Coast had a few out including thier captain and full back Glass.Mathew pavlich kicked eight and could have a problem with the match reveiw panel with regards to an armswing that

I could not see whether it connected or not.The eagles player went down but that looked like to me he

was acting.

Edited by Ron19

Collingwood were very lucky to get the 4 points An incorrect umpire decision cost St Kilda a goal in the last few seconds. I selected Collingwood to win but I think it should have been a draw. It was a good game to watch with a big BUT.

Im a couple different..

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

Collingwood

Richmond

Gold Coast

Swans

Adelaide

Well done with your Richmond pick. Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

FREMANTLE'S finals push is in jeopardy with Matthew Pavlich certain to come under scrutiny from the Match Review Panel, and full-back Luke McPharlin and utility Matt de Boer reported.

Pavlich has pleaded innocence over a back-hander that floored Eagle Mitch Brown in the third quarter of Freo's 65-point derby win at Patersons Stadium.

However, it appears a line-ball decision at best for the Freo skipper. Pavlich flung his arm back and clipped Brown on the top of his head with the ball 30m away.

"I was facing the footy and there was a bit of a wrestle," Pavlich said after the match.

"I was just trying to make some space between my opponent and the football so we'll wait and see."

Pavlich was outstanding with eight goals, winning the Ross Glendinning Medal and leading Freo to a fifth straight win to sit on the edge of the top eight.

But he would leave an enormous hole if banned for next week's game against Adelaide.

McPharlin's first-term report for a front-on bump on Jack Darling could also see him miss the Crows clash and possibly more matches.

De Boer clumsily threw out a foot and kicked Daniel Kerr in the leg, after Kerr wrong-footed him in the second term.

Fremantle midfielder David Mundy paid tribute to Pavlich after the match.

"He is a great captain," Mundy said.

"He has been individually a great player for a long time but the great thing about Matthew is that he really tries to bring everyone along with him and teach them how to play.

"I think Chris Mayne's progression this year has been as a result of a lot of hard work by Matthew."

Mundy was the second best on the ground and his clearance work, with Nat Fyfe, Michael Barlow, and Jon Griffin was pivotal to the result.

"I think we had a clearance tally of plus-13 so against quality ruckmen like Cox and Naitanui and really quality on-ballers that's a great result for us," Mundy said.

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

Collingwood were very lucky to get the 4 points An incorrect umpire decision cost St Kilda a goal in the last few seconds. I selected Collingwood to win but I think it should have been a draw. It was a good game to watch with a big BUT.

Collingwood getting the collywobbles come finals time?

FREMANTLE'S finals push is in jeopardy with Matthew Pavlich certain to come under scrutiny from the Match Review Panel, and full-back Luke McPharlin and utility Matt de Boer reported.

Pavlich has pleaded innocence over a back-hander that floored Eagle Mitch Brown in the third quarter of Freo's 65-point derby win at Patersons Stadium.

However, it appears a line-ball decision at best for the Freo skipper. Pavlich flung his arm back and clipped Brown on the top of his head with the ball 30m away.

"I was facing the footy and there was a bit of a wrestle," Pavlich said after the match.

"I was just trying to make some space between my opponent and the football so we'll wait and see."

Pavlich was outstanding with eight goals, winning the Ross Glendinning Medal and leading Freo to a fifth straight win to sit on the edge of the top eight.

But he would leave an enormous hole if banned for next week's game against Adelaide.

McPharlin's first-term report for a front-on bump on Jack Darling could also see him miss the Crows clash and possibly more matches.

De Boer clumsily threw out a foot and kicked Daniel Kerr in the leg, after Kerr wrong-footed him in the second term.

Fremantle midfielder David Mundy paid tribute to Pavlich after the match.

"He is a great captain," Mundy said.

"He has been individually a great player for a long time but the great thing about Matthew is that he really tries to bring everyone along with him and teach them how to play.

"I think Chris Mayne's progression this year has been as a result of a lot of hard work by Matthew."

Mundy was the second best on the ground and his clearance work, with Nat Fyfe, Michael Barlow, and Jon Griffin was pivotal to the result.

"I think we had a clearance tally of plus-13 so against quality ruckmen like Cox and Naitanui and really quality on-ballers that's a great result for us," Mundy said.

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

It would be a big loss for Freo if pavlich is out

Freo have won their version of the grand final by giving the Eagles a hiding. This is what they exist for each year, they will never make the real GF.

Expect to see them settle back in the pack now with contented grins on their faces.

The Eagles probably won't get past an elimination final. Their lopsided draw with a lot of easy games early, probably worked against them in the end, espectially with their bad long term injury troubles.

Collingwood escaped another close one with the help of possibly the worst umpiring (error?) I've seen.

Freo have won their version of the grand final by giving the Eagles a hiding. This is what they exist for each year, they will never make the real GF.

Expect to see them settle back in the pack now with contented grins on their faces.

The Eagles probably won't get past an elimination final. Their lopsided draw with a lot of easy games early, probably worked against them in the end, espectially with their bad long term injury troubles.

Collingwood escaped another close one with the help of possibly the worst umpiring (error?) I've seen.

And to think I signed up for platinum just so I could see a replay of the derby!

I still think there is a chance of a WCE/Freo derby.

Regards

Will

Collingwood getting the collywobbles come finals time?

Hard to get the collywobbles when you win matethumbsup.gif

Regards

Will

• Like 1