Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adelaide win..........you bloody beauty!

Good result for them. Tex kicking 5!

Freo will be disappointed letting that large lead disappear.

The travel to Melbourne and then to Adelaide had to take a lot out of them. They performed well. I cannot see Adelaide beating Hawthorn. Good to see Hawthorn coach travelled to see the game.

Hawthorn Sydney grand final.

Adelaide win..........you bloody beauty!

Good result for them. Tex kicking 5!

Freo will be disappointed letting that large lead disappear.

The travel to Melbourne and then to Adelaide had to take a lot out of them. They performed well. I cannot see Adelaide beating Hawthorn. Good to see Hawthorn coach travelled to see the game.

Hawthorn Sydney grand final.

Still, a good effort by Freo, especially when you consider it was 2nd against 7th.

Pav having a quiet one hurt as did McPharlan being out. Silvagni looked out of his depth.

I'd say the Hawks are certainties but wouldn't pencil in Sydney just yet.

Regards

Will

I think Sydney and Hawthorn have a good advantage this year with the week off. Adelaide and West Coast/Collingwood are going to be very tired teams.

As pointed out , it is hard to see Adelaide beating Hawthorn.

Ill be watching the Colingwood/West Coast game tonight. Should be a ripper

Edited by BookMan

Brisbane Lions Reserves defeated Northern Territory Thunder in the Grand Final of the Northeast Australia Football League (Northern Conference).

Lions 21.8.134 def. NT Thunder 10.14.74

The game was played at Yeronga (Brisbane).

Edited by Xangsamhua

The chasm between the top 12 sides in the AFL and the bottom 6 is borne out by the named team below. Gary Ablett is the only player from a side that finished 13th to 18th.

All-Australian Team:

Backs: Sean Dempster (St Kilda), Luke McPharlin (Fremantle), Darren Glass (West Coast)

Half-Backs: Beau Waters (West Coast), Ted Richards (Sydney), Grant Birchall (Hawthorn)

Centres: Trent Cotchin (Richmond), Jobe Watson (Essendon), Dayne Beams (Collingwood)

Half-Forwards: Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide), Lance Franklin (Hawthorn), Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)

Forwards: Steven Milne (St Kilda), Tom Hawkins (Geelong), Dean Cox (West Coast)

Rucks: Nic Naitanui (West Coast), Scott Thompson (Adelaide), Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)

I/Ch: Brett Deledio (Richmond), Josh Kennedy (Sydney), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Dane Swan (Collingwood)

Captain: Darren Glass (West Coast)

Vice-Captain: Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)

You bloody beauties SWANNIES!!!

That was a good game, SYdney had it all over Coollingwood most of the game, getting out to 42 points at one stage.

Jetta, Goodes, LRT, Kennedy, O'Keefe, Shaw, Hannebury, McVeigh all had rippers. Teddy after the injury scare showed why he is so valuable down back. ALex Johnson showed more confidence and protected well.

I'd like to see Sam Reid get over the nerves next week and start to hold the important marks.

Can't see Hawthorn losing to Adelaide tomorrow.

You bloody beauties SWANNIES!!!

That was a good game, SYdney had it all over Coollingwood most of the game, getting out to 42 points at one stage.

Jetta, Goodes, LRT, Kennedy, O'Keefe, Shaw, Hannebury, McVeigh all had rippers. Teddy after the injury scare showed why he is so valuable down back. ALex Johnson showed more confidence and protected well.

I'd like to see Sam Reid get over the nerves next week and start to hold the important marks.

Can't see Hawthorn losing to Adelaide tomorrow.

Well said Bookman.

When Collingwood kick those 3 goals in a row I was a little worried. The Swans then came back strong.

I aggree that Hawthorn will win tomorrow but it would be great to see an upset.

• Like 2

A fantastic thrilling and open match today.thumbsup.gif

Thinking about the next season already. I understand the "draft-pick-system" to a certain extendt. That the lower ranked clubs get to pick their players early in the draft. But what happens, if the player chosen, don't want to play for the club, that have picked him? Not good for his devellopment, lesser media exposure, to far away from family or whatever. Are the salaries for the newbies the same whether they go to a smaller (poorer) club or the one of the big clubs in the system?

A fantastic thrilling and open match today.thumbsup.gif

Thinking about the next season already. I understand the "draft-pick-system" to a certain extendt. That the lower ranked clubs get to pick their players early in the draft. But what happens, if the player chosen, don't want to play for the club, that have picked him? Not good for his devellopment, lesser media exposure, to far away from family or whatever. Are the salaries for the newbies the same whether they go to a smaller (poorer) club or the one of the big clubs in the system?

The rookie draftees don't get a lot of choice. I believe high draft picks command a greater starting salary. There is some background here

http://www.afl.com.au/about/tabid/13514/default.aspx

http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/sport/afl/news/blog/afl-free-agency-players-list-2012-and-the-rules-explained/20120903-h40j.html

We nearly saw that upset ripstanley!

I can only hope that Hawthorn is so woefully inaccurate against the Swans next week

yes it was a fantastic game of footy, unfortunately the Crows just falling short. Sydney Hawthorn GF should be a cracker. Being a non Vic all I can say is go the Swans!
  • Like 2

What a great win to the SYDNEY SWANS. When Hawthorn got 2 goals in front in the last quarter I thought it would be hard to come back. What a team to fight back and win. They all played well. They are a great team.

They just kept going... I thought the Hawks were going to explode away with goals at any time. An exciting game indeed! just 4 points in it with 2 minutes to go

Hawthorn won the hitouts, contested possessions and inside 50s comprehensively.

• Like 1