Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it just me or have some of the umpires/refs call this weekend been particularly <deleted> ?

Hawthorn vs N. Melbourne and now the Geelong vs Sydney game.

Not just you mate.. There's been plenty of questionable calls or lack thereof for that matter..

Hannerbry gone as well...

Jumped the gun there.. Back on hahah
Sydney being hammered.. have to watch the replay later

Going down to the catery is pretty much mission impossible for any team no matter how good you are.. The cats have a huge home ground advantage down there.

This Essendon Carlton game could explode

5 mins prior to kick off the English bookies were giving the bombers a +19.5 point handicap at near enough even money.

1. they obviously hadn't heard the team news and

2. more importantly someone must of not told them that it's a derby.

now i know Essendon have faded badly over this last month or so ( especially in the second half ), but i reckon that's crazy odds !

Essendon get over the line against carlton.

My kangaroos still a chancesmile.png

Carlton may have blown their spot in the eight. North have to beat Collingwood next week and Port defeat Carlton and then North will be playing finals.

Essendon get over the line against carlton.

My kangaroos still a chancePosted Image

Carlton may have blown their spot in the eight.  North have to beat Collingwood next week and Port defeat Carlton and then North will be playing finals.
Yep, Carlton lost themselves that game with woeful kicking

Stephen Milne and Justin Koschitzke have announce their retirements and will play their last games next week. The Saints are going to have a huge amount in their salary cap, and with only 16 teams in the draft this year might actually be able to get a few good picks/trades.

Stephen Milne and Justin Koschitzke have announce their retirements and will play their last games next week. The Saints are going to have a huge amount in their salary cap, and with only 16 teams in the draft this year might actually be able to get a few good picks/trades.

SYdney might have a few players it wants to offload

Here are this weeks results. Three winners with 8/9 They are Ron, Gazman and Chooka. Well done to you all.

attachicon.gifAfl TV tips....docx

Well done!

Western Bulldogs nearly made a miraculous comeback. Good to see them fighting to the end with not much to play for.

I did the results when Brisbane were over 50 points up. I thought I was going to have to make changes. If Bulldogs had won Chooka would have picked the card'

• Like 1

SYdney might have a few players it wants to offload

need 5 good backline men, 2 mid fielders, and with Milne and Saad gone 2 agile small forwards and 2 tall forwards. 11 players at least to rebuild and to cover the up coming retirements. Saints are eyeing the free agents.

Here are this weeks results. Three winners with 8/9 They are Ron, Gazman and Chooka. Well done to you all.

attachicon.gifAfl TV tips....docx

Well done!

Western Bulldogs nearly made a miraculous comeback. Good to see them fighting to the end with not much to play for.

I did the results when Brisbane were over 50 points up. I thought I was going to have to make changes. If Bulldogs had won Chooka would have picked the card'

Yep missed by that much......

• Like 1

Jude Bolton retiring at seasons end as the 2nd highest capped Swan...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-26/swan-veteran-bolton-expected-to-announce-retirement

He, along with Brett Kirk, Leo Barry, Micky O and Goodesy really were the cornerstones and architects of instilling the "bloods" culture at the club.

One of the game's gentlemen...

• Like 1

Now with the round almost finished, who do people fancy for the Grand Final win this year?

For me, the top 3 sides are as they stand on the table, Freo, Geelong, Hawthorn.

Choosing a GF winner from these is difficult, but at this stage, end of round 22, I would pick Hawthorn.

I don't think Sydney can make the GF. Too many key goal kicking personnel out. (Goodes, jetta, Reid)...However, I do feel very confident about Sydney's chances next year and even more so the following year, 2015

• Like 1

Now with the round almost finished, who do people fancy for the Grand Final win this year?

For me, the top 3 sides are as they stand on the table, Freo, Geelong, Hawthorn.

Choosing a GF winner from these is difficult, but at this stage, end of round 22, I would pick Hawthorn.

I don't think Sydney can make the GF. Too many key goal kicking personnel out. (Goodes, jetta, Reid)...However, I do feel very confident about Sydney's chances next year and even more so the following year, 2015

The Swans lost three of their final four games heading into last year's finals series before sweeping all three matches in September to secure the premiership.

Jus' sayin' ;)

The Swans lost three of their final four games heading into last year's finals series before sweeping all three matches in September to secure the premiership.

Jus' sayin' wink.png

They didn't have the injury list they have this year. I think it will be Hawthorn Geelong GF. I think if these 2 played I think Geelong will win.

Jus' sayin' wink.png

That is very true and I remember feeling despondent at the losses. I also didn't think they would beat Hawthorn in the GF.

This year though it is different. Last year they had very few injuries to key players, this year they have had numerous key players out and it would seem that they aren't coming back in time.

True rip, but last year we also didn't respond so well when we did have a small injury list.

Rioli could be in doubt with an ankle injury, he seemed quite proppy after he did it too. Shiels is probably gone as well.

It will be interesting to see how the top 4 manage their injury lists over the next week or two...

I would say it will go like this...

Qualifying finals

Hawthorn V Sydney - (W) Hawthorn

Geelong V Fremantle - (W) Fremantle

Preliminary finals

Hawthorn V Geelong - (W) Geelong

Fremantle V Sydney - (W) Fremantle

Grand Final

Geelong V Fremantle - (Geelong)

I would say it will go like this...

Qualifying finals

Hawthorn V Sydney - (W) Hawthorn

Geelong V Fremantle - (W) Fremantle

Preliminary finals

Hawthorn V Geelong - (W) Geelong

Fremantle V Sydney - (W) Fremantle

Grand Final

Geelong V Fremantle - (Geelong)

Based on that scenario I think Sydney would fancy its chances against Freo.

• Like 1

I think any team in the top 4 going against Freo in Freo is a good chance, I'd liken it to last year when we travelled to Adelaide for the first week, we all know the rest hahaha...

I'd be ok traveling to Freo should we need to. I think it's been a while since we lost over there.

• Like 1

I think any team in the top 4 going against Freo in Freo is a good chance, I'd liken it to last year when we travelled to Adelaide for the first week, we all know the rest hahaha...

I'd be ok traveling to Freo should we need to. I think it's been a while since we lost over there.

If you were playing on Freo oval you'd be in big trouble. It's a crappy little ground that I always hated when I had to play there.

Fremantle play their home games at Subiaco Oval (cant come to terms with Patterson Stadium!) a much bigger and better ground which was my home ground for a number of years.