Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's only Collingwood and Port so no great loss there Posted Image

True but it's either that or politics on the Australia network. Think I'll watch the footyPosted Image

You raise an interesting conundrum chooka..

I'd rather watch the takraw super series on channel 3 hahahah...

• Like 1

what abut the odds the cats haven't lost in so long at home they must getting real close like this weekend GO THE DOCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Geelong is expected to win, so the pressure is really on them.

Freo has rested most of its team last week, so could be an advantage to them (or disadvantage).

The lack of spotlight on them and lack of expectation for Freo could help them this game

Interesting article here. No surprises for many of us non-Victorians.

More than just a home ground advantage

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/will-geelong-have-more-than-just-a-home-ground-advantage-over-dockers-20130904-2t4w6.html

I remember when Barry Hall was at the Swans he couldn't buy a free.

I hope we see you in the tipping comp here next year Old Croc. Maybe Will27 will join us also.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/will-geelong-have-more-than-just-a-home-ground-advantage-over-dockers-20130904-2t4w6.html

I hope we see you in the tipping comp here next year Old Croc. Maybe Will27 will join us also.

Yes, I thought I would jump into the comp next year. There was no point in joining mid year.

Was in a big one (even ran it for a while) for about 20 years. Have had a few years off, ready to go again.

• Like 1

Shane Mumford. Will the Mummy re-sign for the Swans? Rumour has him linked to GWS and Hawthorn. Swans would not want to lose him.

My tips this week:

Hawks

Freo (upset of the round Posted Image )

Collingwood

Richmond

Well if he does go to GWS, that's all well and good. I think it was even discussed here earlier? I can't see him moving to Hawthorn unless they lose Buddy, as the Hawks probably won't have the coin to hold both of them.

Whilst losing him would be annoying, the big Lumberjack has improved 100% on last years efforts and is certainly capable of handling soul responsibility in the ruck ably supported by Tippett and White - Goodesy if he's up to it and a fit LRT can contribute.

Losing Mumford, could free enough room to go after a disillusioned Bombers Captain..

But speaking of the big lumberjack, he's pretty confident Mummy will re-sign after the Grand Final ;)

All Australian pre-selection has been released..

5 from both Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney top the teams represented.

I think Jack (most inside 50s this season and third highest tackle count) will be selected, as for the 4 maybe Josh Kennedy (number one handballer and second in clearances) and Malceski (number one rebounder and third in kicks). Hanners and McVeigh will miss out I think.

Tips for this week...

Swans - Rioli won't be back this week I've heard..

Cats - feel Lyons trick will backfire

Pies - I'm still watching the Takraw Superseries on Channel 3 instead

Richmond

Shane Mumford. Will the Mummy re-sign for the Swans? Rumour has him linked to GWS and Hawthorn. Swans would not want to lose him.

My tips this week:

Hawks

Freo (upset of the round w00t.gif )

Collingwood

Richmond

Well if he does go to GWS, that's all well and good. I think it was even discussed here earlier? I can't see him moving to Hawthorn unless they lose Buddy, as the Hawks probably won't have the coin to hold both of them.

Whilst losing him would be annoying, the big Lumberjack has improved 100% on last years efforts and is certainly capable of handling soul responsibility in the ruck ably supported by Tippett and White - Goodesy if he's up to it and a fit LRT can contribute.

Losing Mumford, could free enough room to go after a disillusioned Bombers Captain..

But speaking of the big lumberjack, he's pretty confident Mummy will re-sign after the Grand Final wink.png

I think Jack (most inside 50s this season and third highest tackle count) will be selected, as for the 4 maybe Josh Kennedy (number one handballer and second in clearances) and Malceski (number one rebounder and third in kicks). Hanners and McVeigh will miss out I think.

Tips for this week...

Richmond

Those GWS scoundrels. With Mumford's form Sydney need to keep him. We can't have Tippet doing the ruck work..and im not sure Jesse White will even be at Sydney.

Pyke must have been a contender for the All Australian. Good to see Kieren jack there.

Yes, I'm tempted to jump in and give it a crack next year.

For this week I think Hawks, Geel, Pies and Richmond.

I'm hoping it's Syd, Freo, Port and Richmond thoughbiggrin.png

• Like 1

My tips this week:

Hawks

Freo (upset of the round w00t.gif )

Collingwood

Richmond

But speaking of the big lumberjack, he's pretty confident Mummy will re-sign after the Grand Final wink.png

Tips for this week...

Richmond

I don't really think it was a trick by Lyon. More player management methinks.

They still would've finished 3rd regardless if they'd won. I think it just freshens

the players up.

Still beating the Cats at home is the hardest gig in the book.

West Coast coach John Worsfold is expected to announce he's standing down, with the Eagles set to hold a media conference on Thursday night to confirm the news.

Brisbane ,here I come.

Is that the rumour?

He has been West coast coach for a long while now.

I hear that Nic Naitanui might be coming to Sydney

• Like 1

West Coast coach John Worsfold is expected to announce he's standing down, with the Eagles set to hold a media conference on Thursday night to confirm the news.

Brisbane ,here I come.

Is that the rumour?

Has been confirmed just watched it on 9 news Worsfold has resigned. He was going to sign a new contract for 2 yrs. Maybe got a better offer somewhere else.

Brisbane ,here I come.

Is that the rumour?

Come on BookMan, don't upset me. This season has been bad enough.

Apparently Woosh was struggling with motivation so I think time for a change

for both him and the club.

Maybe a straight swap with Vossy?

Just read that Michael Johnson out for Freo which is a huge blow.

McPharlane on the kite to Melbourne but not sure if he's playing.

Brisbane ,here I come.

Is that the rumour?

Nah,thats just something I threw in.I really dont know if he's going any where.He is a qualified pharmacist and I believe at one stage had two shops. That maybe something that he has considered if he still has them.

Teams for this weekend have been named...

Hanners, Jetta, Smith and Tippett all in - Biggs, Cunningham, B Jack and Morton out...

Rioli has been named despite not having trained today - I'll be interested to see Clarkson tactic on this. Perhaps have him as the sub?

Jetta & Rohan hooohooo... Can't wait! Bring on 4:50pm tomorrow :D

Teams for this weekend have been named...

Hanners, Jetta, Smith and Tippett all in - Biggs, Cunningham, B Jack and Morton out...

Rioli has been named despite not having trained today - I'll be interested to see Clarkson tactic on this. Perhaps have him as the sub?

Jetta & Rohan hooohooo... Can't wait! Bring on 4:50pm tomorrow biggrin.png

Just heard Clarko saying they will make a last minute decision on Rioli tomorrow morning.

I reckon he won't play. Safety first when you have the double chance.

Sad to see the club legend "Woosh" go, but time for a change.

It's been a tough year for him on and off the field.

Will be interesting to see if he coaches somewhere else or has a break.

Those last 3 games where the Eagles got complete hidings meant the end for Whoosha, despite the team injury problems.

I think it was a case of jump or be pushed. It was obvious after the Adelaide debacle last week.

Real rumour, Nic may go to the Giants. Sheedy loves him and thinks he is just what the team needs, they have plenty of money to out bid others and Nic was born in the area.

Sad to see the club legend "Woosh" go, but time for a change.

It's been a tough year for him on and off the field.

Will be interesting to see if he coaches somewhere else or has a break.

Those last 3 games where the Eagles got complete hidings meant the end for Whoosha, despite the team injury problems.

I think it was a case of jump or be pushed. It was obvious after the Adelaide debacle last week.

Real rumour, Nic may go to the Giants. Sheedy loves him and thinks he is just what the team needs, they have plenty of money to out bid others and Nic was born in the area. 

GWS with Nic AND Shane Milford!