Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Teams for this weekend have been named...

Hanners, Jetta, Smith and Tippett all in - Biggs, Cunningham, B Jack and Morton out...

Rioli has been named despite not having trained today - I'll be interested to see Clarkson tactic on this. Perhaps have him as the sub?

Jetta & Rohan hooohooo... Can't wait! Bring on 4:50pm tomorrow :D

Jetta is in!

I really didn't think he would play again this year.

Great news. Hope he comes back confident ... only one reserves game for practice.

Rogan looked confident last week

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My tips for the finals are

Swans (dire hard fan)

Geelong

Collingwood but will be hoping for Port

Richmond

I hope that the Swans do not use Tippett as the go to man. They have been more successful when they have many goal scorers. If they use Tippett too much they become too predictable

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

I hope that the Swans do not use Tippett as the go to man. They have been more successful when they have many goal scorers. If they use Tippett too much they become too predictable

I'm hearin' ya rip, that's my fear as well, they'll get bogged down and start kicking long to Tippett...

• Like 1

I'm hearin' ya rip, that's my fear as well, they'll get bogged down and start kicking long to Tippett...

It worked last week having Pyke Mumford and White share the forward load... If the Swannies use Tippet and Pyke and White this week and through the finals it will keep the opponent guessing.

I'll be watching tonight and hoping Sydney win...but i have picked Hawthorn

Just heard on 3AW radio, press conference at 11 a.m AEST - Paul Roos to sign with Melbourne.

He will be good for Melbourne footy culture...but I hope the supporters expectations are not too much. He would be doing well to have a finals appearance within the 3 years

Who is the high profile Lions player who tipped a guy out of his wheelchair, spat on him and called him a wheelchair retard during mad Monday?

Here is more news on what Chooka has provided..

A HIGH profile Brisbane Lions player is the centre of allegations he insulted and assaulted a wheelchair-bound man waiting for a taxi on the eve of Mad Monday celebrations.

Lawyers for Robert Partridge, 40, have told The Courier-Mail the disabled man was tipped out of his wheelchair by the AFL star while waiting for a maxi-taxi at Toowong, in Brisbane's inner-west, on Sunday.Solicitor Adam Magill, for Mr Partridge, said his client made a formal complaint to the Indooroopilly Criminal Investigation Branch about the incident on Thursday.

Mr Magill said Mr Partridge claims he was approached by a group of men as he stood at a taxi rank outside the Toowong Towers, not far from the Royal Exchange Hotel, when the AFL identity was heard to say: "a wheelchair retard, you beauty.''

See Full Article Here

Edited by BookMan

Who is the high profile Lions player who tipped a guy out of his wheelchair, spat on him and called him a wheelchair retard during mad Monday?

A HIGH profile Brisbane Lions player is the centre of allegations he insulted and assaulted a wheelchair-bound man waiting for a taxi on the eve of Mad Monday celebrations.

Lawyers for Robert Partridge, 40, have told The Courier-Mail the disabled man was tipped out of his wheelchair by the AFL star while waiting for a maxi-taxi at Toowong, in Brisbane's inner-west, on Sunday.Solicitor Adam Magill, for Mr Partridge, said his client made a formal complaint to the Indooroopilly Criminal Investigation Branch about the incident on Thursday.

Mr Magill said Mr Partridge claims he was approached by a group of men as he stood at a taxi rank outside the Toowong Towers, not far from the Royal Exchange Hotel, when the AFL identity was heard to say: "a wheelchair retard, you beauty.''

See Full Article Here

Filtering through news reports it is Daniel RICH. Apparently he is denying it.

Andrew D is refusing to comment at this stage.

See Full Article Here

On 3AW this morning he implied he thought it odd that the incident happened on Monday, but was not reported until today

See Full Article Here

On 3AW this morning he implied he thought it odd that the incident happened on Monday, but was not reported until today

Reports that it happened on Sunday night.. Which makes it even more 'odd' that it wasn't reported earlier..

Then again, if the alleged incident involves the QPS (police), then I'm not surprised...

Reports that it happened on Sunday night.. Which makes it even more 'odd' that it wasn't reported earlier..

Then again, if the alleged incident involves the QPS (police), then I'm not surprised...

tongue.png

Very odd and my mistake.wai.gif

I think Andrew D actually questioned why it wasn't reported on Monday.

See Full Article Here

We listen to the same show.

• Like 1

Just heard on 3AW radio, press conference at 11 a.m AEST - Paul Roos to sign with Melbourne.

That's another one on the shit list... At least Ross Lyon has some company after all these years..

Good luck Roosey.. Ya rex hunt..

tongue.png

And another rumour on the radio, Worsfold to go to the Lions.

That's another one on the shit list... At least Ross Lyon has some company after all these years..

tongue.png

Ron19 was on the money with that one w00t.gif

tongue.png

I thought you rumored him going to Essendon for a sabbatical? :P

• Like 1

tongue.png

I thought you rumored him going to Essendon for a sabbatical? tongue.png

only because the bombers are in need of a new chemist/cook

• Like 2

Jobe Watson comin to Sydney!

ESSENDON players have asked the players' association how they can leave the club after its supplement scandal, AFL boss Andrew Demetriou says.

Demetriou said this morning the AFL was considering a request by the AFLPA for the players to be able to walk out of Windy Hill as delisted free agents.

The AFL CEO confirmed today's Herald Sun report that the AFLPA has told the league and player managers that any player who wants to terminate his contract should be allowed to sign with a rival club of his choice.

See Herald Sun Article HEre

Edited by BookMan

Jobe Watson comin to Sydney!

ESSENDON players have asked the players' association how they can leave the club after its supplement scandal, AFL boss Andrew Demetriou says.

Demetriou said this morning the AFL was considering a request by the AFLPA for the players to be able to walk out of Windy Hill as delisted free agents.

The AFL CEO confirmed today's Herald Sun report that the AFLPA has told the league and player managers that any player who wants to terminate his contract should be allowed to sign with a rival club of his choice.

See Herald Sun Article HEre

Ouch that would have to hurt. The saints have a huge amount in their salary cap with a number of players retiring this year and waters says they are going to be extremely aggressive during the trade and draft periods.

There might be a few clubs ready to pick over the carcass if they are allowed to move as free agents.

Still laughing at Goddardcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Big win for Hawthorn. 54 point thumping actually.

Dismal showing for the Swans. Not a lot of good stuff to take out of the game. Some woeful passing and kicking. AFter half time Hawthorn not under much pressure at all. Jetta subbed in near the end of the 3rd quarter. Kicked one goal, but was hardly sighted after that. Looked a little lost hanging about the ball ups looking for crumbs. Rohan started with spark but disappeared. Not enough balls inside 50 for Tippet to make any difference. Hanneberry out of form tonight.

Jack , kennedy, Malceski, Rampe all played well. Teddy Richards had some good moments but not his best night.

Dismal showing for the Swans. Not a lot of good stuff to take out of the game. Some woeful passing and kicking. AFter half time Hawthorn not under much pressure at all. Jetta subbed in near the end of the 3rd quarter. Kicked one goal, but was hardly sighted after that. Looked a little lost hanging about the ball ups looking for crumbs. Rohan started with spark but disappeared. Not enough balls inside 50 for Tippet to make any difference. Hanneberry out of form tonight.

Jack , kennedy, Malceski, Rampe all played well. Teddy Richards had some good moments but not his best night.

Only caught the 2nd half and didn't hear of Tippet, was he on the ground in the 2nd half.

Only caught the 2nd half and didn't hear of Tippet, was he on the ground in the 2nd half.

He was spotted a couple of times when he came back into defence tongue.png . Problem was not enough ball going into the forward line, and when it did it was going high and long to a contest, or being sprayed blind. Hawks kicked 70 points after half time, Swans 20

The Hawks looked really good last night. At this stage, looks like being a

Hawks v Cats GF.

I don't think Syd can go with Mummy and Pike together. Not with White and Tippett

down there.

The only saving grace for me last night was that Buddy and Delicious weren't playing,

as Bruce would've been unbearable.

I know it's not like our Bruce to "go" early but he has already written Syd off. Comments

like "they look tired", "they look fatigued", "wouldn't mind playing them next week" etc.

I mean Syd were playing a side who beat them in Syd the week before and Hawthorn didn't finish

on top by accident. So it was no real surprise, even though the margin was. And now because

they lose, he thinks sides in the bottom part of the eight are going to beat them.

I'd have my money on Syd at home next week.

It's like saying if Freo get beat today, they will get beaten at home the following week.

Possible but unlikely IMO

Speaking of Freo, if McParlin doesn't play, they'll struggle but I'm expecting a fierce contest

from them today.