Record Marijuana Haul Seized In Saraburi

webfact

The 3.5 tons of marijuana destined for the UK was being sent to:

CKR SERVICE LTD

CROSSWAYS CARGO CENTRE

GALLEON BOUVEVARD

DARFORD KENT, DA2 6QE

TEL 01322389464

I'm sure their office is pleased to see their address plastered all over the news.

britpot.png

Thai Rath newspaper

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/256110

CKR SERVICE website:

http://www.ckrservices.co.uk/

Edit to add the sender:

IMPRESS TRADING CO.,LTD

92/23 MOO 6

KHWANG THARAENG KHET BANGKHANE

BANGKOK, THAILAND

TEL 6622890511,FAX.6626890953.

nice :)
  • Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It said in the first UK based link that the lot was worth a million pounds. Well, that depends how you look at it. Selling it all in one go yes, but if you break it down into ounces and then sold it, you would get close to 13million, and if you sold it all as individual '10 bags' you are looking at 21.5million for the lot. However that would take a while, not as long as the jail sentences about to be janded down though.

That's how the DEA inflates their bust figures. They take a haul of any size, break it down into it's smallest units, then apply the highest street value to it they can imagine.

#29 said "anything that puts a dent in the profits of organised crime, and this is obviously the work of an international syndicate, is worth persuing"... well, if you really wanted to put a dent in organized crime then you would legalize it, because it's illegality is the only reason it's worth so much money. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out.

Alcohol and cigarettes are legal, but people still illegally smuggle them, legalising will only solve part of the problem, if it is legalised a standard pricing structure will be established, but there will still be people wanting to pay less than retail, it will still be smuggled for that reason, and organised crime will still be involved.

Christ on a surfboard ...yeah, well, luckily enough blunt still makes it to the streets (while they can seize and tap their shoulders one each other as much as 'em want) as not everybody can grow it on their own like me for the last 40 odd years ... 3.45 tonnes - so what, nice package however, would fit in my bigger bong lets say in 5 or 6 hits - lol -

Just burn that shit and let me know before so i can post myself in wind-direction and take some deep breaths ...!!

> Just imagine how the fight the weed -

even harder than they fight coke and speed -

but still we continue smoking weed -

'till our eyes bleed, 'till the eyes bleed ...!

When will you be released ? blink.png

Nah,nah, released ?! Hell no mon, I do hope not anytime soon! I mean,honestly, who'd want that really with all the hot nurses and cosy straightjackets and stuff and lots o' drugs, so:

pretty funny in here (hence the expression <funnyhouse>, got it ...?! )

My docs are very pessimistic which - of course - makes me most optimistic ... but why you're asking at all ?? Ah, gett'n your drift bro, you're desperately looking for a nice place for yourself too ...well, be my guest then ...!! crazy.gif

the important thing is that it is disposed of properly.

burning it would be my suggestion. anyone know where they burn it so i can be upwind to witness it ?w00t.gif

Downwind experiencing it might be more fun. :lol:
  • Like 1

#29 said "anything that puts a dent in the profits of organised crime, and this is obviously the work of an international syndicate, is worth persuing"... well, if you really wanted to put a dent in organized crime then you would legalize it, because it's illegality is the only reason it's worth so much money. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out.

Alcohol and cigarettes are legal, but people still illegally smuggle them, legalising will only solve part of the problem, if it is legalised a standard pricing structure will be established, but there will still be people wanting to pay less than retail, it will still be smuggled for that reason, and organised crime will still be involved.

Can you grow either in your garden? I suggest that it would be nigh on impossible for the powers that be to apply similar extortionate taxes to a product that could simply be grown by the consumer if prices/ tax were too high.

That remains the main reason that there is no incentive for the laws to be changed; as an illegal product the prices are high and revenues huge for those involved.

US learned alot from prohibition, creating a lucrative international trade in illegal drugs is a major earner on many sides; just look who benefits from the massive budgets created for the "war on illegal drugs"...

Legality would save the tax payer $billions but cost some very influential people/ companies those very same $billions... morality doesn't enter into it, this is basic maths.

how stupid(shipping it) with a well insulated basement or barn, a decent generator or power hookup, some lights some pumps and some common gardening chemicals and a good clone you could grow far better with a far higher street value.

Edited by nocturn

The police could have allowed the delivery of decoy packages to the address in the UK after confiscating the real stuff and liasing with the Brittish police, then the recipient could have been nabbed as well.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

And why would you want them nabbed? Do you actually think there's something wrong with smoking marijuana?

If there's nothing wrong with smoking marijuana, why don't you go smoke it in front of a police station.

oh, great argument...

in Vancouver or Amsterdam and many places around the globe you can.

here is the old vancouver courthouse at 4:20 4/20 2012

http://youtu.be/J9rZXyr6A8s

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Record marijuana haul seized in Saraburi

This afternoon police are claiming the new biggest marijuana seizure ever made in Thailand occurred today in Nakhon Phanom.

The other paper has details of what, indeed, appears to be quite a haul of pot.

I'm sure it will warrant its own thread, but its good to recognize the attributes of the former title holder before the baton is passed on.

Edited by Buchholz

Some guys have all the luck. Was it any good?

Surprised no-one noticed it being grown. At a rough guess 3.5 tonnes of dope would be a plantation area of 2 or more hectares (more than 12 Rai), which with all the associated irrigation etc. is a little hard not to notice.

Including all the pickers, sorters, guards, paid of locals & officials; there must literally be 100's in on the deal.

it's a weed. it requires little or no attention to grow. When I lived in Japan back in the 70's, there were several acres of hemp growing. It was a vast field left over from WW2. no one had irrigated or cultivated it in decades. But, there is was, stalks as much as 2 meters high.

That weed could not get a fly high. It needs ptoper care and attention to be the KIND.

• 2 weeks later...

It is pity that Thailand classifies that stuff about the same as heroin and meth. The law is the law but it doesn't seem nearly as harmful as other class A drugs.

not really tbf, it's a category v drug... so they do differentiate it, for example you can't get the death penalty for it if caught for possession or with intent to sell, though i'm not sure about smuggling in or out.

also the maximum for possession is 5 years whereas heroin and yaba is ten.

but get this, you can have as much as ten kilo's of marijuana for it to be classified as personal use! lol

half a kilo no problem no jail time up north same as cali.

I can't multi quote everybody here...if I do this will appear to be a "feds & heads" reply!

As for the motorbike name....I can't stop laughing! Good One that!

Basically there are only 2 types of pot...good pot and s$%t pot...both types are

useful however one is more useful than the other.

I also prefer a good Shiraz with a doobie...then some ice cream...not necessarily

in that order though.

Up wind is good for a view however downwind of the "burn" will be much better...

kinda like..."Fire For Effect".

I had more to say but I've somehow forgotten what it was....Hmmmm.

Anyway...Great work lads of the BIB! Now just make sure all 3.5 tons get

into the fire!

I have heard in the U.K. the Custom Officials make all other officials look like choirboys.

Friend of mine had a boat basically ransacked by them, found nothing, no recompense.

Don't mess with customs largely anywhere, but UK customs can basically turn your life upside down.

It is pity that Thailand classifies that stuff about the same as heroin and meth. The law is the law but it doesn't seem nearly as harmful as other class A drugs.

BUT, a countries decision on a law is the law. These folk completely understand the law and the risks, end of story. wink.png Big money lures the greedy who don't want to work, happy with the risk.

yes the law is the law, no matter if it makes sense or not.

But strangely, now Holland has banned the weed smoker holiday folk from their weed cafe's. Natives only with restrictions. whistling.gif

Still legal for tourists in Amsterdam.

• 3 months later...

While quite not the record haul of the OP, a still significant amount was seized today.

At a routine road checkpoint in Nakhon Si Thammarat 519 kilos worth 32 million baht was discovered in two pickups.

The drivers then directed police to a warehouse in Hat Yai where an additional 733 kilos were found for a total seizure of 1,252 kilos of marijuana.

13523835161352383531l.jpg

Khaosod News (Thai) - Nov. 8, 2012

http://www.khaosod.c...9PQ==&subcatid=

Edited by Buchholz

The police could have allowed the delivery of decoy packages to the address in the UK after confiscating the real stuff and liasing with the Brittish police, then the recipient could have been nabbed as well.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Nabbed for what, empty boxes. No offence for recieving empty boxes

Wow!...Over a metric ton of pot....I'll try to find out where the fire's gonna be

and post the GPS co-ords here on TV & those of us who want to can be there

standing down wind. Bring your own bevvies....

BTW...the dude in the striped shirt looks really loaded.....

Edited by sunshine51