Manchester United

redrus

What is it with you lot with all this talk about giving youngsters a chance and blooding them etc, etc , i always thought it meant bringing a youngster through the ranks and giving him his first game in the premiership, not paying 16m for someone who has already had 1 full season in the premiership :o a nineteen year old who played his first game for the 1st team 3 years ago :o and a 22 year old who has already played a season in the premiership :o .

It like spurs saying that they have just blooded bale :lol::D

Just for the record, this is what mr.red posted on the arse forum

still it was a good chance to blood the youngsters.......like we are doing biggrin.gif
Edited by alfieconn

Some of your posts on here are very sad and childish(no credit about the quality of football played yesterday) from the spuds that is,yesterday was how football should be played both from United and City,for you lot it is just a shame that you got hammered and cannot take it..... then resort to blaming your great manager who was king last year laugh.gif....i said you would be a one season wonder and i was correct same with your great supporters laugh.gif

At least Arsenal fans sang a song yesterday.....your lot just left early.

A tale of two cities indeed,just look at the table biggrin.gif If i was Modric i would want to leave too!

Time up for Sneijder deal

by Michelle [email protected] , 30 August 2011

Wesley Sneijder has finally closed the door on his proposed move to Manchester United by confirming he will not be leaving Inter Milan during this transfer window.

Sneijder has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford this summer and despite Inter claiming he was not for sale, United first team coach Rene Meulensteen recently claimed the Premier League champions were still chasing the 27-year-old.

The midfielder had been open to the idea of joining Manchester United but he admits time has run out for a deal to be concluded and he is resigned to staying at the San Siro for another few months at least.

"I'm staying at Inter. I don't think I'll leave at this moment of market," Sneijder told Sender Nos.

"Manchester United? Anything is possible in football, but I don't think this time something will happen.

"I know that if I were to leave it would have be for the right price, Inter was clear about that. But I have not spoken formally with the two Manchester clubs."

Sneijder previously suggested United had made enquiries about his availability although he confirmed no official talks had taken place between the two clubs.

Lets get on with the season then lads.....!!!!!

redrus

I thought we was signing another South American maybe it has gone tits up! sad.gif

He heard about the United in decline thread :lol:

Maybe, cos that thread certainly is in decline, free-fall even..... :whistling:

redrus

I thought we was signing another South American maybe it has gone tits up! sad.gif

He heard about the United in decline thread :lol:

Am going to start a new one......Mansours mercenaries megegalacticos and there hunt for silver! biggrin.gif

Hargreaves set for City move?

August 30, 2011, ESPNsoccernet staff

Owen Hargreaves could be set for an incredible move to Manchester City after he was reported to have undergone a three-hour medical on Tuesday.

A picture of Hargreaves leaving the Bridgewater Hospital appeared on The Sun's website, with the player keen to secure a move after being released by Manchester United this summer because of a string of injury concerns that have hindered his career to date.

Hargreaves, who last played for England in 2008, had been linked with a move to West Brom and Tottenham, but now Roberto Mancini looks likely to offer him a short-term deal as he seeks cover in central midfield for Yaya Toure's winter absence when the Ivorian is at the African Cup of Nations.

Earlier, AC Milan midfielder Mark van Bommel revealed that he was the subject of a bid from big-spending City, but turned them down.

I heard rumour The Djemba Twins were looking for a new club........ :whistling:

redrus

wow alfie_that's original. If I were you I would start making another list of excuses for this weekend in advance.

Don't be too hard on Alfie the poor guy is traumatised afer his side have leaked 8 goals in one and a half games of football.Alfie has never contributed anything constructive, or intelligent, on this forum and don't hold your breath waiting.The intense hatred and jealousy of Manchester United is so embedded even a long stretch of professional counselling would probably be a waste of time.

wow alfie_that's original. If I were you I would start making another list of excuses for this weekend in advance.

Don't be too hard on Alfie the poor guy is traumatised afer his side have leaked 8 goals in one and a half games of football.Alfie has never contributed anything constructive, or intelligent, on this forum and don't hold your breath waiting.The intense hatred and jealousy of Manchester United is so embedded even a long stretch of professional counselling would probably be a waste of time.

Did one game not get finished then :D

Jealousy :o here they go again, just by saying something like that sums you lot up dickhead.gif

*****Exclusive*****

talkSPORT have been sent a video purporting to show the moment Carlos Tevez found out that injury-plagued Owen Hargreaves is signing for Manchester City. With the international break upon us, it looks like Tevez had returned to his family in Argentina*, when news broke that he is no longer the only City player to leave United for their 'noisy neighbours'. From the looks of things, he's none too happy about it, either…

Also, check the Joe Hart video........... Shocking... ;)

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/virals/2011-08-31/video-carlos-tevezs-angry-reaction-owen-hargreaves-arrival-man-city?

redrus

*****BREAKING NEWS****** BREAKING NEWS***********

: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has issued a hands off warning and has insisted that Howard Webb is not for sale at any price.

Too bloody right..... Neither is Own Goal....!!!!! :rolleyes:

redrus

Why Manchester United fans dislike England

By Andy [email protected] 31 2011

The relationship between Manchester United and England is difficult. Sir Alex Ferguson’s sweary tirade against the Football Association last Friday surprised few inside Old Trafford and won approval from most United fans.

They see United’s relationship with the FA and the England set up they preside over as one way, with the national side cherry picking United’s best English players for very little in return.

Fans have witnessed red legends like Steve Coppell, Bryan Robson and the briefly effective Neil Webb disappear on international duty only to return with serious injuries. Several former players like David Beckham and the Neville brothers were even booed by England fans because of the club they played for.

It wasn’t like United fans could pitch in some support as few match going United fans also go to England games. Look at the flags around the pitch the next time England play – they’re more likely to be from a Gloucester or Essex market town than a big northern city like Manchester or Liverpool. Many in Manchester and Liverpool identify more with their city than their country. And if you follow United or Liverpool home and away, that means lots of European trips. It would take a very wealthy fan with bags of free time to be able to watch United or Liverpool and England home and away, not that most would be inclined.

The huge fan bases of both clubs aren’t restricted to one country either, indeed some of United’s most hardcore fans are from anywhere but Manchester. Reds from North Wales are among them and of the sixty diehards who travelled on the pre-season tour of North America, several were lads from North Wales.

The players view the situation very differently. Club still comes before country for almost all, but none of the above criticisms of England and their support will change the way Chris Smalling, Phil Jones or Tom Cleverley felt about being called up by England for the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Wales and Bulgaria.

I spoke to the Cleverley family last week and they were beyond happy at Tom’s call-up. Representing their country is still seen as a high point for many players and their families.

England have caught these tender Reds at the right age. After a few years of playing for their country, they’ll realise that that the reality doesn’t come close to the dream. They’ll experience over inflated expectations and a dressing room riven by club rivalries and ego and nowhere near as united as the one at Old Trafford. The United and Liverpool players seldom mixed on England duty in the 90s, with both holding low opinions of each other. I once spent a day interviewing Steven Gerrard – decent lad, it must be said - and he asked what I really thought of Gary Neville. The inference was clear – and probably mutual on Neville’s behalf.

Neville’s views of Scousers are hardly likely to make him a future ambassador for the city of Liverpool and such enmity between Mancunians and Scousers is exactly how fans of their clubs would like it, but it doesn’t bode well for team spirit.

With Mancunian Daniel Welbeck injured, the current batch of England players from United are from far and wide. Cleverley was born in Basingstoke but grew up in Bradford, Smalling is a Londoner and Jones is a Lancashire lad with an accent as broad as any champion pie muncher.

Of United’s other England internationals, Rio Ferdinand spends far too much time on Twitter to worry about geography, Ashley Young is from Stevenage and Rooney is as Scouse as Ken Dodd. He’s hardly going to blank England’s three Evertonians when he’s an Everton fan. Expect more integration then.

Let these young lads enjoy their moment playing for a country whose football team have delusions of grandeur. It will take them a while before they realise that they haven’t got the remotest chance of replicating their club success with their country, no matter how may times England are tipped to win a World Cup or European championship. Let’s just hope they don’t come back seriously injured in the meantime, because on the evidence seen so far this season, especially in Sunday’s thrilling 8-2 victory over Arsenal, they are definitely needed.

redrus

Why Manchester United fans dislike England

By Andy [email protected] 31 2011

The relationship between Manchester United and England is difficult. Sir Alex Ferguson’s sweary tirade against the Football Association last Friday surprised few inside Old Trafford and won approval from most United fans.

They see United’s relationship with the FA and the England set up they preside over as one way, with the national side cherry picking United’s best English players for very little in return.

redrus

It's tough shit. It's what happens when you are good. They should feel honoured instead of whining about it.

Edited by tw25rw

Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson tries to appease senior members of his squad

September 01, 2011 @menmedia

Sir Alex Ferguson has sent a ‘Be patient’ message to almost a team full of seniors who’ve been kicking their heels this season.

But he admits it will be nearly Christmas before he gets any assistance with his selection headaches.

Seven of the Reds’ Wembley starting XI against Barcelona last May have not played a full 90 minutes in the opening three games of the new Premier League campaign.

From the European Cup final to warming the bench – it’s an astonishing illustration of the strength of Fergie’s revamped champions.

Rio Ferdinand and captain Nemanja Vidic, of course, started the season at West Bromwich Albion.

But calf and hamstring problems opened the door for Phil Jones and Jonny Evans to sew up the central defensive positions.

Ferdinand was fit for the Arsenal match last Sunday but had to be content with a rare bench view.

The 33-year-old, however, might find the pitchside seat becoming more of a permanent vantage point after the success of his stand-ins.

Vidic, too, when he returns next month might find an automatic comeback is not on the cards.

Michael Carrick contested the midfield battle with Iniesta and Xavi in London last May but has not played a minute so far this season.

The midfielder has been the victim of Tom Cleverley’s match- turning second-half against City in the Community Shield that shot him into the starting XI at the Hawthorns. He’s not been displaced since.

Ryan Giggs was also part of Fergie’s engine-room choice against the Spaniards.

When you are dealing with a near 38-year-old, starting the season with him and giving him a breather later would be normal practice.

However, the veteran has only played a total of 31 minutes in the Reds’ three openers as sub against Spurs and Arsenal.

Similarly Ji-sung Park, who was selected as a key player at Wembley against Barca, has played the same amount of time as Giggs, coming off the bench against both London clubs. Antonio Valencia suffered a knee problem in the Copa America for Ecuador and is on the comeback trail but he’s going to discover that Nani and impressive newcomer Ashley Young might take some shifting.

Darren Fletcher has come through two 90-minute reserve matches and his debilitating long-standing virus now looks to be out of his system.

But the Scottish international will also find in-form Cleverley and Anderson an obstacle to the next step on his comeback trail.

Chicharito was the United sensation of last term, scoring 20 goals in his debut campaign, but after recovering from concussion he had Danny Welbeck blocking his return and he hasn’t started a game yet.

The Mexican’s frustration might not last too long after Welbeck suffered a hamstring injury against Arsenal.

Had the Mancunian not pulled up against the Gunners even Chicharito might have been feeling the pinch. Michael Owen has had back trouble and hasn’t featured for a second since pre-season.

And then there is Dimitar Berbatov.

United’s top scorer last season with 21 goals, the club’s record buy at £30.75m was completely overlooked in the Champions League final and has had just 25 minutes as a sub against West Brom to discover some redemption.

Ominously, Ferguson has warned it could be three months at least before his introduces his freshening-up process.

“I have no help because you have international breaks happening all the time. September, October, November. It is not until December that the squad comes into play,” he said.

“From December through until May, everyone will realise the importance of having a squad and also the part they play. They will all play a part.

“At the moment, we just have to bite the bullet and play the team that is doing well, knowing I have a very good squad.”

Home-produced Cleverley and Welbeck have been the promoted newcomers who have put the cat amongst the pigeons. Welbeck’s injury will ease

Fergie’s selection headaches but the young players will be given their heads until such time that form dictates the Reds boss is forced to change.

“Players like Tom and Danny, for example, have only played a few games. They have potential.

“We are very enthusiastic about that potential. Hopefully, we can fulfil it,” Sir Alex added.

“The name of the game is what they achieve. There is a long way to go. Maybe some form will taper off. That is when the squad comes into play.

“When they are doing very well, I have to let it carry on.

“The important thing is how they do on the pitch. It is not just their enthusiasm and energy. It is their abilities. That is why I am picking them.

“The boy Cleverley, for instance, we toyed about starting the Community Shield with him but we looked at the power of De Jong and Toure and thought it is a big ask for a young kid to go in against these tremendously physical players.

“But, when he came on, he changed the game. He picked himself after that.”

Good times.... :D

redrus

Manchester United announce record profits as Glazer family reduces club's debt

Thu 1st Sep 2011 | Money & Finance.co.uk

post-16343-0-97728900-1314874643_thumb.j

Manchester United has confirmed a return to pre-tax profit figure for its last financial year, strengthening its hand ahead of a planned share sale to cut its debts.

The club made £29.7m in the 12 months to June following a loss the previous year on the back of its debt repayment burden.

Revenues rose to £331m - up £45m - with net debt falling to £308m from £376.9m.

The figures bolster the club's position ahead of a planned Initial Public Offering in Singapore.

United's owners, the Glazer family, plan to sell around 30% of the club in the hope of raising more than £600m.

The aim is to cut the debt pile - refinanced through a bond issue last year - while cashing in on the team's huge popularity in Asia.

It is understood the Glazers, who are preparing a pre-marketing package for the sale, plan to issue a dual share class in which buyers wanting voting rights would also have to take an ordinary share.

Such a scheme, unpopular in London, would enable the club's American owners to retain more control of the club than the 30% equity stake they are selling would suggest.

redrus

It is understood the Glazers, who are preparing a pre-marketing package for the sale, plan to issue a dual share class in which buyers wanting voting rights would also have to take an ordinary share.

Such a scheme, unpopular in London, would enable the club's American owners to retain more control of the club than the 30% equity stake they are selling would suggest.

Now if anyone can make sense of 'would enable the club's American owners to retain more control of the club than the 30% equity stake they are selling would suggest', have a go.

Because you would presumably need to 'suggest' what more control you need at 70% equity control isnt actually a precondition for being able to list in the first place.

Mike Ozanian, Forbes Staff

Executive Editor Forbes 9/01/2011

Glazer Family Scores With Manchester United By Leveraging Its Powerful Brand

Manchester United’s financial results for the year ending June 2011 show the Glazer family has been immensely successful at monetizing the English soccer club’s global reach and powerful brand.

Revenue and operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) hit all-time highs of $532 million and $178 million, respectively. Net debt, considered by detractors of Glazer’s leveraged buyout of Manchester United in 2004 to be too burdensome for the club to compete, fell to $495 million from $605 million the prior year.

The real story how these results were achieved: leveraging the club’s 330 million supporters worldwide, commercial revenue increased 27%, to a record $166 million.

Sponsorships with the likes of Aon, DHL, Turkish Airlines and Nike have made the Red Devils the biggest commercial success in soccer. Last season’s on the pitch ( FA Premier Cup champions, were runners up to Barcelona for the UEFA Champions League title, FA Cup seimi-finalists, captured FA Youth Cup) revenue should continue to increase at a double digit annual rate next few years. Kick-starting this season are is a new, 3-year deal with A.P. Honda for Thailand to mark the 25th anniversary of the company.

redrus

Mike Ozanian, Forbes Staff

Executive Editor Forbes 9/01/2011

Glazer Family Scores With Manchester United By Leveraging Its Powerful Brand

Manchester United’s financial results for the year ending June 2011 show the Glazer family has been immensely successful at monetizing the English soccer club’s global reach and powerful brand.

Revenue and operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) hit all-time highs of $532 million and $178 million, respectively. Net debt, considered by detractors of Glazer’s leveraged buyout of Manchester United in 2004 to be too burdensome for the club to compete, fell to $495 million from $605 million the prior year.

The real story how these results were achieved: leveraging the club’s 330 million supporters worldwide, commercial revenue increased 27%, to a record $166 million.

Sponsorships with the likes of Aon, DHL, Turkish Airlines and Nike have made the Red Devils the biggest commercial success in soccer. Last season’s on the pitch ( FA Premier Cup champions, were runners up to Barcelona for the UEFA Champions League title, FA Cup seimi-finalists, captured FA Youth Cup) revenue should continue to increase at a double digit annual rate next few years. Kick-starting this season are is a new, 3-year deal with A.P. Honda for Thailand to mark the 25th anniversary of the company.

redrus

BTW without looking at a breakdown of your results, I can tell you that ManU have restated their income as part (presumably) the process of achieving the the maximum price from their IPO.

They have simply restated what is classed as 'commercial revenue'.

We can see this very clearly if we happen to look at their historic accounts or simply read what was stated at the time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/14/manchester-united-commercial-revenue