Manchester United

redrus

Reasons behind why you didn't sign xyz

Man Utd: Why did they not sign anyone and is there trouble ahead for Jose Mourinho?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45133827

Bits that caught my eye in particular:

"Speculation surrounding a move for Tottenham's Toby Alderweireld rumbled on for much of the summer.

It turned out to be unfounded. United never made a bid for the 29-year-old Belgian.

As one club source said: "We ended up in a situation where if we had done a deal, we would have been swapping our fifth best central defender for another fifth best central defender."

Under the circumstances, United concluded there was no point."

And

"The one conversation between Woodward and Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy this summer centred around the availability of Martial and Juan Mata. In both instances, Levy was told no." SPURS INTERESTED IN MATA

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Reasons behind why you didn't sign xyz

Man Utd: Why did they not sign anyone and is there trouble ahead for Jose Mourinho?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45133827

Bits that caught my eye in particular:

"Speculation surrounding a move for Tottenham's Toby Alderweireld rumbled on for much of the summer.

It turned out to be unfounded. United never made a bid for the 29-year-old Belgian.

As one club source said: "We ended up in a situation where if we had done a deal, we would have been swapping our fifth best central defender for another fifth best central defender."

Under the circumstances, United concluded there was no point."

And

"The one conversation between Woodward and Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy this summer centred around the availability of Martial and Juan Mata. In both instances, Levy was told no." SPURS INTERESTED IN MATA

Come on mate the real reason was the Glazers new boat.

38875058_10214906012876138_387873097727868928_n.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What is your strongest line-up?

De Gea

Valencia Bailly AN Other Shaw/Young

Fred Matic / Andreas Pogba 

Alexis Lukaku Rashford 

In a couple of positions it's not clear who is best right now. 

57 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can see Sanchez having  a good season now he's had 6 months to settle t'north.

Carrying on where he left off yesterday losing the ball 23 times, more than any other player on the park

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Carrying on where he left off yesterday losing the ball 23 times, more than any other player on the park

Yes, he looked a liability,  but  United have a strong enough squad to drop him if he doesn't improve, despite what their manager whines on about.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, carmine said:

despite what their manager whines on about.

And whine he does; a negative manager and I was appalled at his comment re Luke Shaw; "he had a good game and only made one mistake".

So Shaw has a good game, scores the winning goal, defends well and the manager brings up his "one mistake"...…...a/hole.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

And whine he does; a negative manager and I was appalled at his comment re Luke Shaw; "he had a good game and only made one mistake".

So Shaw has a good game, scores the winning goal, defends well and the manager brings up his "one mistake"...…...a/hole.

Anyone thats taken the time to look at his squad knows he's an a/hole, for his incessant whining.  He simply hasn't made the most of what he's got.  

I'm with you on the comments on Maureen's personality and management style but his track record as winner of trophies can not be doubted. Hasn't he won 2 trophies in 2 years at ManU - isn't that better than ALL Premier league managers bar Pep? So do you want a winner or a nice guy in charge? Know which i want.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, xylophone said:

I have no time for Mourinho as a person but in fairness he did add in the same interview "His game (Shaw) was very complete.If I forget the goal, which was an important goal for us,the (Shaw) performance was very complete"

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me that Shaw may  get a regular run.Young can move to RB to replace Darmien and Rojo is expected to go to Fernabance on loan.

Rather than cherry pick one sentence quote the lot rather than what suits an opinion.

Pogba got the armband,maybe an olive branch ,up to him if he accepts.

I just would like to see him get his head down and do what he did against Leceister every week,its all very tiresome tabloid fodder.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I have no time for Mourinho as a person but in fairness he did add in the same interview "His game (Shaw) was very complete.If I forget the goal, which was an important goal for us,the (Shaw) performance was very complete"

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me that Shaw may  get a regular run.Young can move to RB to replace Darmien and Rojo is expected to go to Fernabance on loan.

Rather than cherry pick one sentence quote the lot rather than what suits an opinion.

Pogba got the armband,maybe an olive branch ,up to him if he accepts.

I just would like to see him get his head down and do what he did against Leceister every week,its all very tiresome tabloid fodder.

Would like to see Shaw nail that spot anyway.

Thought that Darmian was on his way and that we had signed a new RB?

Well in my local newspaper that was the only sentence!! All the same my opinion of Maureen won't change as he is all over the place most of the time and about as positive as a dead battery...…...and it is reflected in the negative style of play; sadly!

47 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Would like to see Shaw nail that spot anyway.

Thought that Darmian was on his way and that we had signed a new RB?

Well in my local newspaper that was the only sentence!! All the same my opinion of Maureen won't change as he is all over the place most of the time and about as positive as a dead battery...…...and it is reflected in the negative style of play; sadly!

We have signed Dalot a very promising right fullback, But he is injured right now.

• Thanks 1

Luke Shaw is a great player. At least he can cross a ball from the left flank in open play. Ashley Young cannot. I think the lad just needs to work on getting stronger and fitter so he is less prone to injury. Giggs was prone to injury for a long time as well don't forget. 

28 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Luke Shaw is a great player. At least he can cross a ball from the left flank in open play. Ashley Young cannot. I think the lad just needs to work on getting stronger and fitter so he is less prone to injury. Giggs was prone to injury for a long time as well don't forget. 

Lads had 1 decent game in 5 years. Steady on. I think he's still got a great career ahead of him if he wants it. Drawing comparisons with giggs is a bit harsh on the lad too

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Lads had 1 decent game in 5 years. Steady on. I think he's still got a great career ahead of him if he wants it. Drawing comparisons with giggs is a bit harsh on the lad too

I just meant about his proneness to injury. Not skill. Don't forget the lad broke his leg. He has had plenty of decent games, Not just one. Moron has no patience. Get the lad really strong.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If its in the Metro it must be true! :cheesy:

How is it living in the Land of the Gutter Press? Hope there are no visa complications there. Maybe best find yourself a wife and settle down.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How is it living in the Land of the Gutter Press? Hope there are no visa complications there. Maybe best find yourself a wife and settle down.

Its all online Rick old chap....no need to brave London's bitter winters to read the same guff as those on the tube every morning!

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its all online Rick old chap....no need to brave London's bitter winters to read the same guff as those on the tube every morning!

They read it cos there's no choice on the tube.. You don't have to!