The Sumet Cycle Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is anyone else reminded of Naam's avatar?

And here I wasted all this time trying to think of a polite way to comment on what must be the ugliest bike on earth.

You've nailed it! clap2.gif

Why do you feel the need to insult someone else's taste? Is your life so pathetic that you have to stoop to this level? Try and get out a bit more... then again, better not as you're probably not the best representation of western education and culture.

• Like 2

perfect pcx modification man.

best pcx i have ever seen here in Thailand.

congrats and good job really.

Many thanks. smile.png

What is the total cost of the very nice PCX including all mods?

Don't know the answer for that particular scooter....but it has been said that some people are spending more on mods than they paid for their PCX new!

Many thanks. smile.png

Don't know the answer for that particular scooter....but it has been said that some people are spending more on mods than they paid for their PCX new!

It looks great but I would be worried about leaving it anywhere!!

IMO you've done a good job. Customisation is an individual thing so there'll always be people who don't like what the other guy has done, although most will make constructive comment rather than be impolite about it. The only thing I'd change is I'd have the sides of the seat in black and the top in red.

Many thanks. smile.png

I would imagine that that would be fairly easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

And here I wasted all this time trying to think of a polite way to comment on what must be the ugliest bike on earth.

You've nailed it! clap2.gif

Why do you feel the need to insult someone else's taste? Is your life so pathetic that you have to stoop to this level? Try and get out a bit more... then again, better not as you're probably not the best representation of western education and culture.

Ahhh don't worry about it. 'The Necron' (cheesy.gif ) is probably one of those stuck in the middle of Nakon Nowhere and is starting to get bored. Using Thaivisa is a means of compensating for the lack of face-to-face with other westerners.

Its a bit pathetic really.

• Like 1

Must admit your pcx doesn't float my boat.........your Ducati on the other hand most certainly does.

As for your statement that it's your money, so you can do what you want with it, I must disagree. Now go and buy me a Hypermotard. :-)

• Like 1

I like the gloss black side panels might give that a go myself as it should not cost to much if you used the orginal panels. Whilst i would not spend that much on my work horse really its up to each indivdual what they spend their money on. No need for snidey rude comments.

You'll need several fine coats to get rid of the texture, followed by a laquer for protection.

Hi Marstons,

The tyres are IRC Wings. Brian from SumetCycle (sponsor) sorted them for me. Personally, I think they are great. Good in the wet and a good compound. Mine are fitted onto 13" mags but they are available for 14's too. Mine are wider than standard but I prefer more rubber on the ground.

YSS shocks are a definite improvement. Probably the best upgrade you can make. Be aware though that they come in different configurations. XL ....XXL etc. This relates to weight carried. 90kg, 110 kg etc.

I have attached a link which shows you. I have the G Euro's which cost around 3,700 baht. You can go much higher than that though, depends what you want to do with your bike.

http://www.likito.co...ts.php?idpro=32

Contact Brian at SumetCycle for more info. His wife Pam, is also around and is pretty knowledgeable.

Hi thanks i PM Brian yesterday but see he is in Hong Kong for a few days,i will order the wings off him and get them shipped to Pattaya.

Will give the shocks ago, looking on the site they are cheaper it appears than Mai Thai but will see if he will price match the store in BKK.

Thanks for the info, great looking bike.

I sent a PM this morning with the tire info, Marstons. I also have the YSS shocks you mentioned for 3,600 baht. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Understand you're off to Hkg again. Will you back by the weekend? Still have any more of these YSS shocks? Am thinking of coming in this Saturday to get a set fitted (weight up to 110 kg).

Where did the complainers go, in for a quick hit and out, typical Its a nice job on that red scooter. P did you notice any increase in power with the exhaust, and intake .

Yup. The increase in the mid-range was very noticeable. It beats stock 150's off the lights although they do tend to pass after about 300-400 meters. Hoping the big bore conversion will sort that out. :)

@summit.....I am shopping for a new helmet. I visited your website and it needs a lot of work. Please take this a constructive criticism. Only six photos (some not good) and no prices. Normally i would just go to your shop but it is out of my area.....

I do like some of your bike prices which attracted me to shop a helmet through you...

Quick thanks Brian, the IRC wings arrived in Pattaya, got them fitted Monday, as expected felt a little hard (tyres not me), first stop was always going to be gas station with gauge, 79 in the front, 90!!! in the back. now put 33 in each feels way better and conering better.

Wished they would use gauges, 90lds is not even close to correct level.

Where did the complainers go, in for a quick hit and out, typical Its a nice job on that red scooter. P did you notice any increase in power with the exhaust, and intake .

Yup. The increase in the mid-range was very noticeable. It beats stock 150's off the lights although they do tend to pass after about 300-400 meters. Hoping the big bore conversion will sort that out. smile.png

I am waiting for VocalNeal to let us know about the Dyno test on the 150cc from Costa and then I will be upgrading when I get back to Thailand. The scooter looks good.

Brian

I am wondering what types of accesories are available for a 2012 Wave 125i?

Are there things like a aftermarket CDI that gives a nicer throttle response & power

increase as they do for trucks/auto's?

Thank You

Brian

I am wondering what types of accesories are available for a 2012 Wave 125i?

Are there things like a aftermarket CDI that gives a nicer throttle response & power

increase as they do for trucks/auto's?

Thank You

You should look here.

http://japan.webike.net/products/9698345.html

Best to email the company though and ask. They generally respond

Yes, l will be back in the shop on Saturday and I've got plenty of YSS shocks in stock. See you then.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

Got the shocks fitted today. Boy, what a difference to the ride and handling. Hardly bottoms out except at fairly high speeds and nasty bumps. Highly recommended if you're heavy like me :)

Btw Brian, can you remember which model I had fitted? I forgot to ask for a receipt and as you know, I left the box behind.

Yes, l will be back in the shop on Saturday and I've got plenty of YSS shocks in stock. See you then.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

Got the shocks fitted today. Boy, what a difference to the ride and handling. Hardly bottoms out except at fairly high speeds and nasty bumps. Highly recommended if you're heavy like me smile.png

Btw Brian, can you remember which model I had fitted? I forgot to ask for a receipt and as you know, I left the box behind.

Sure, they were the G-Euro Offset XLs. Thanks for the business, It was nice meeting you.

• 1 month later...