Remove The Democrats, Reds Told

Lite Beer

Remove the Democrats, reds told

The Nation on Sunday

30184319-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Weng Tojirakarn yesterday called on fellow red shirts to eradicate the Democrat Party.

"Come out and launch a political fight to eradicate the Democrat Party from the Thai political platform. The Democrats have breached parliamentary regulations such as defying Parliament President Somsak Kiatsura-nont during the House meeting and taking his chair away. Such behaviour is tantamount to destroying democracy and the Constitution," Weng said on the stage at the "Pheu Thai, the Truth for Democracy" event.

Pheu Thai and Democrat parties yesterday attacked each other at separate rallies.

Late in the afternoon, Pheu Thai staged a rally at Chalerm Phra Kiat Park opposite Min Buri district office, the exact place where the Democrats spoke to supporters a day earlier.

Meanwhile, many Demo-crats including Songkhla MP Thaworn Senneam and former foreign minister Kasit Piromya spoke in Yala's Muang district. Topics included the government's alleged unfair treatment of flood victims and violence who were eligible to receive compensation, and low prices for agricultural products and rubber, despite rising commodities prices. They also spoke on how the government-sponsored reconciliation bill and the constitutional amendment would hurt the country.

Deputy Agriculture Minister Natthawut Saikua said yesterday that both the major political parties should hold rallies as none of the parties would be able to make up stories, as people could consider whether what is said is true.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-17

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Weng Tojirakarn yesterday called on fellow red shirts to eradicate the Democrat Party.

When a group with a lengthy history of violence calls for the eradication of its opponents, this sort of provocative rhetoric from one of their leaders is rather chilling... and reminiscent of their early threats of violence and arson.

eradicate or exterminate?

unsure.png

Nah - Its eradication not reconciliation as the new PTP line. I love the smell of bulls**t in the morning

• Like 2

Come out and launch a political fight to eradicate the Democrat Party from the Thai political platform.

Weng, an "ex" communist, advocating 'single party democracy'. But I'm sure he was joking...

Edited by Crushdepth
  • Like 1

Kind of agree with you. But I'd like to point the hypocrisy of the Democrats. They were happy to have the PAD to kick out TRT when they were unable to do it through democratic ways. Then when they thought they have things under control they ditched the PAD (hence the vote "NO"). But recently they were again happy to side with the PAD. At least there is more honesty in the alliance UDD/PT.

My remark is not out of context. It's the PAD, with the help of the Democrats, who first use party dissolution as a way to get rid of their opponents. You need to put the current facts in their historical perspective to understand what's going on. That's why I said the PAD supporters, and the Democrats are closet PAD supporters, now have to taste the bitter taste of their own medicine.

"At least there is more honesty in the alliance UDD/PT "

how many times did you mention PAD? Know where you are coming fromcoffee1.gif

Edited by KKvampire

Kind of agree with you. But I'd like to point the hypocrisy of the Democrats. They were happy to have the PAD to kick out TRT when they were unable to do it through democratic ways. Then when they thought they have things under control they ditched the PAD (hence the vote "NO"). But recently they were again happy to side with the PAD. At least there is more honesty in the alliance UDD/PT.

My remark is not out of context. It's the PAD, with the help of the Democrats, who first use party dissolution as a way to get rid of their opponents. You need to put the current facts in their historical perspective to understand what's going on. That's why I said the PAD supporters, and the Democrats are closet PAD supporters, now have to taste the bitter taste of their own medicine.

When a schoolboy is found doing something bad and says "well Johnny did it too" adults cringe. Just accept that the people you have nailed your flag to are bad people

Edited by sbk
unacceptable derogatory comment removed.
  • Like 1

"Pheu Thai, the Truth for Democracy" - very "1984" Orwell. Weng wouldn't know either Truth or Democracy even if they bit him on the bum.

"The Democrats have breached parliamentary regulations such as defying Parliament President Somsak Kiatsura-nont during the House meeting and taking his chair away. Such behaviour is tantamount to destroying democracy and the Constitution."

If it was a debate instead of a debacle, someone might have pointed out that it was rather insignificant compared to the weeks-long armed insurrection which Weng helped to organise 2 years ago.

• Like 1

A mixture of violence, terror and political indoctrination is being foisted upon a group of people who have no idea of what the consequences of their actions might be.

That's exactly what a number of us was saying early 2006.

• Like 1

Using language such as eradicate when talking about your political opponents is not a happy sign. True the Democrats did lose it in parliament but to say that they are destroying democracy is nonsense. PT have a majority and eventually will get there way, but to drag the country in this direction before hand is insane.

Edited by Bluespunk

A mixture of violence, terror and political indoctrination is being foisted upon a group of people who have no idea of what the consequences of their actions might be.

While blaming the Democrats and the PAD.........................wrong every which way.

So, similarly, you are not supporting what the red shirts are suggesting?

I am looking into my crystal ball and all I can see is another Zimbabwe on the horison. If the circus is to carry on the way it is going now, this beautiful country will be become the laughing stock of Asia and this is all because of one man Mr Mugabe ooops I meant to say Taksin, then again there is no difference between the two cheesy.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1