New System At C M Immigration

thaibeachlovers

Me and er indoors went Thursday.

"Retirement" visa and re-entry permits for the 2 of us all completed in 1.45 hours. Called exactly on time for our online appointment.

Same officer as Uptheos I guess.In fact same officer for the last couple of years,very pleasant very efficient.

Only complaint was the iced Cappacino from the outside coffee shop was too big and I could not finish it.

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kid yourself. We are not guests; we are cash cows. It's all about money.

Don't beat yourself up for only having lived here for 8 years. It takes time to understand this place and you'll get there. Be patieint.

You do not have to give money to anyone you do not want to give money to, it's a choice. If you buy someone a house, a car or even a mobile phone that is your choice but I would suggest anything that can not be deeded or titled in your name is lost money and basic common sense would dictate that in any country. So many people complain how bad it is here so seriously why stay? If I felt taken advantage of or someone was making me so bitter I would move on. If Thailand and Thai People are so horrible why stay and subject yourself to it? I have been here 8 years and I doubt anymore years as you suggest will make me bitter. I pay my yearly visa (1,900 Baht) and I am in and out in 5 hours or less (just did it last Friday in 4.5 hours), I did my work permit in less than 20 minutes the same day (3,500 Baht) and my employer will reimburse the fee next month as they have done every year. So, I fail to see how I am a cash cow to anyone.

Who said anyone is bitter and that Thai people are horrible? You are right, you do not have to give money away..who said you did?

It is all about money and you can play or not play. Up to you. I choose to play.

You don't have to pay to play. You choose to do that get out of the tourist area's and the western shops. Your choice.

"Retirement" visa and re-entry permits for the 2 of us all completed in 1.45 hours. Called exactly on time for our online appointment.

Same officer as Uptheos I guess.In fact same officer for the last couple of years,very pleasant very efficient.

Only complaint was the iced Cappacino from the outside coffee shop was too big and I could not finish it.

The online system works fine if you can read Thai. Actually it also involves luck as their is only about ten slots a day and generally booked solid for the next 100 days. Take a book and chill out. I generally meet some interesting people there.

I find the time to be the only draw back the service when I get there is as a rule excellent.

One year I had a problem I was 6 days late and had to pay a 6,000 baht fine no problem my fault. But the officer insisted on using the date I should have come in not the day I had paid fines up to. I mentioned it to him and he assured me he was right. I let it go as it was not worth the trouble it could cause.

At the time you then had to go into the back room. I went in and sat there while he set the file on a desk. Presently a officer appeared looking kind of on the mean side. I just sat there watching him shaking his head and then stamping it. This went on twice. He then got up and went out and came back in with the original officer. They talked a bit. He fiddled with my pass port shook his head and stamped it. He then beckoned me over and I had a sinking feeling. He showed me my new visa and pointed to where he had given me credit for the six days overstay I had paid. What a relief. I thanked him and left a happy camper. Last year I only had to see the one officer. Maybe it went to some one else but all I had to do was go back in the waiting room and wait.

The online system works fine if you can read Thai. Actually it also involves luck as their is only about ten slots a day and generally booked solid for the next 100 days. Take a book and chill out. I generally meet some interesting people there.

You don't have to read a a Thai to use the online booking system.

Around 30 slots still available in November!

• Like 1

you are a guest in The Kingdom of Thailand and they can kick you out for whatever reason they see fit including dressing inappropriately.

Note to linux

Immigration don't care how you dress, as long as you have the cash requirements and paperwork for the extensions, you're in.

Broken ticket machine

Went with a pal on Friday afternoon, he was doing a 90 day report, machine broken, asked at front desk, she pointed to officer doing 90 day paperwork, he handed over the passport, finished in 3 minutes. My pal says they should break the machine forever as he's never managed it in less than an hour before.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

you are a guest in The Kingdom of Thailand and they can kick you out for whatever reason they see fit including dressing inappropriately.

Note to linux

Immigration don't care how you dress, as long as you have the cash requirements and paperwork for the extensions, you're in.

Broken ticket machine

Went with a pal on Friday afternoon, he was doing a 90 day report, machine broken, asked at front desk, she pointed to officer doing 90 day paperwork, he handed over the passport, finished in 3 minutes. My pal says they should break the machine forever as he's never managed it in less than an hour before.

Are you serious?

• Like 1

There are two subtle clues that make one think they are Thai people representing foreigners:

1. They are carrying a stack of several passports.

2. They are speaking Thai to the Immigration officials.

I have been going to immigration for eight years now and never ran into a horde of pushy Thai people

I have.

Are you sure tey were not Burmese. Or for that matter were you at immigration?

There are two subtle clues that make one think they are Thai people representing foreigners:

1. They are carrying a stack of several passports.

2. They are speaking Thai to the Immigration officials.

I have been going to immigration for eight years now and never ran into a horde of pushy Thai people

I have.

Are you sure tey were not Burmese. Or for that matter were you at immigration?

Sure on both counts.

B 5,000 plus the Immigration fee.

Efficient service.

I was required to accompany the Thai Lady down to Immigration.

Asked to sit out side for 10 mins when I would hear a tannoy call to entre.

In less the 10 mins the lady was out with my Pasport and new visa.

john

Impressed.

When i went to do my extension of stay in and out in about 10 min. and no fees. If you have to set there anyway whats the big deal

Oh and by the way, if anyone has made an appointment before the 100 day thing was introduced, don't fret as your appointment stands. I made mine shortly after my last extension.

Thanks; was just going to ask. wink.png

As an aside, what's with all the humourless lemmings on TV nowadays?

• Like 1

Efficient service.

john

Impressed.

When i went to do my extension of stay in and out in about 10 min. and no fees. If you have to set there anyway whats the big deal

Moe, an extension of stay costs 1900 baht and the time needed is longer because several officers review the paperwork and your passport in the back room without you. Are you sure you aren't talking about doing a 90 day report? That's free, involves just one officer, the passport never leaves your sight and it is possible to get in-and-out in 10 minutes.

Oh, wait a minute! Moe, was your 10 minutes for an extension of stay and no fees in Chiang Mai or maybe some other country?

Moe, an extension of stay costs 1900 baht and the time needed is longer because several officers review the paperwork and your passport in the back room without you. Are you sure you aren't talking about doing a 90 day report? That's free, involves just one officer, the passport never leaves your sight and it is possible to get in-and-out in 10 minutes.

Oh, wait a minute! Moe, was your 10 minutes for an extension of stay and no fees in Chiang Mai or maybe some other country?

Nancy, those who pay extra, wait less and have less to go through for their extension, cash speaks louder.

Efficient service.

john

Impressed.

Maybe Moe means no fees, as in no fees for being assisted by a company?

Efficient service.

john

Impressed.

I would guess he meant 90 day report. One might look at it that right before you do the 90 day report you can either leave the country, or go down and do the report which gives you another 90 days....sort of an "extension of stay."

FALSE ALARM!!! Has anyone pointed out that there is NOT a new system, but that the bloody ticket machine was apparently broken. Done. What's all the chatter about? There was a perfectly fine thread, now sorely unused, for grousing about Chiang Mai Immigration.

OK, now!! Everyone take a deep breath ! It's okay --- really --- okay. Relax!

CALM, CALM, calm...calm...calm...calm...

FALSE ALARM!!! Has anyone pointed out that there is NOT a new system, but that the bloody ticket machine was apparently broken. Done. What's all the chatter about? There was a perfectly fine thread, now sorely unused, for grousing about Chiang Mai Immigration.

At last a sane post.

I am feeling so much better now, thank you.

Anyone know if the machine has been repaired yet?

Yes Nancy mentioned that it was working on the first page.

I showed up at Immigration for my Retirement Visa Extension at about 12:45P today. Promptly at 1:00PM (my scheduled time using the online Queue system) my name was called and I was told to go to Desk 5. I had all my papers arranged in order, and everything organized for the lady officer to easily follow. We chatted a little as she did her checking and stamping, said all was in order and have a seat in the waiting area. She also said that even though my 90 day report due date was two weeks off, I could do that also when I got my new visa stamp.

About 30 minutes later, my name was called, my passport completed and returned, and I went out back to make copies for my 90 day. A total of 45 minutes and both processes were complete. I thanked the Sgt/Mjr at the counter who usually does the 90 days, and told him I was pleased with the service today and that they did a good job. He smiled, laughed, shook my hand, and asked that I send a letter to the boss that I was pleased. I said I would, and I will.

Leaving the Immigration office I walked across the road to the LPG/gas station where I picked up my freshly washed and shiny truck, paid 140 baht and was on my way.

You can't ask for much better service than this. clap2.gif

• Like 2

I went in today hoping that there would not be to big a line up for renewing my retirement. I did ot have a number. I was not to overly concerned with it how ever as I have untill October 6 to get it. But my 90 days was up today and I know they give you a week but I thought Might as well get that now.

The machine was not on but the line at the desk was short. She told me no I could not renew my visa today but I could get the 90 day. All told it took me 15 minutes. Next week or so I will take my book and go in early to renew. Hopefully meet some interesting people.

I showed up at Immigration for my Retirement Visa Extension at about 12:45P today. Promptly at 1:00PM (my scheduled time using the online Queue system) my name was called and I was told to go to Desk 5. I had all my papers arranged in order, and everything organized for the lady officer to easily follow. We chatted a little as she did her checking and stamping, said all was in order and have a seat in the waiting area. She also said that even though my 90 day report due date was two weeks off, I could do that also when I got my new visa stamp.

About 30 minutes later, my name was called, my passport completed and returned, and I went out back to make copies for my 90 day. A total of 45 minutes and both processes were complete. I thanked the Sgt/Mjr at the counter who usually does the 90 days, and told him I was pleased with the service today and that they did a good job. He smiled, laughed, shook my hand, and asked that I send a letter to the boss that I was pleased. I said I would, and I will.

Leaving the Immigration office I walked across the road to the LPG/gas station where I picked up my freshly washed and shiny truck, paid 140 baht and was on my way.

A wash, a renewal, and a handshake all in an hour... Can't beat that!

A wash, a renewal, and a handshake all in an hour... Can't beat that!

+1