Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

There is a post on BigWing's Facebook statues about the CBR500r and the CB500f. Does anyone know what it's about?

I'm on my phone and I can't copy and translate the post.

I think They are basically saying production is going to be slow

on the R & the F no real mention of the other

They also list some numbers of sold but received is less? not sure

At the end they say they expect from Jan 22nd onwards for production to pick up

& they should have more deliveries

PS: I also think as a for instance they say they are getting 55 black CBR but 90 have been sold?

Thanks for translating it for me. I figured it had something to so with the inventory and stock because of the number.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shell V power is classed as gasohol 95 but it is forbidden for us to use real benzyne anyway somehow!

Is there a clear hint in the manual? Or is this just something that one person at Big Wing told you? A bike that isn't allowed to run on pure benzine?

Edited by wantan

Shell V power is classed as gasohol 95 but it is forbidden for us to use real benzyne anyway somehow!

Is there a clear hint in the manual? Or is this just something that one person at Big Wing told you? A bike that isn't allowed to run on pure benzine?

wantan I could not read the manual as it is in Thai unfortunately:(

But, the mechanics at bigwing told me never use benzyne as it might damage the bike. They said the bike is not designed to run on real benzyne. hard to believe this information, isnt it?

I do not think so real benzyne damage the bike as i know vice versa. any ideas?

Edited by loserlazer

wantan I could not read the manual as it is in Thai unfortunately:(

But, the mechanics at bigwing told me never use benzyne as it might damage the bike. They said the bike is not designed to run on real benzyne. hard to believe this information, isnt it?

I do not think so real benzyne damage the bike as i know vice versa. any ideas?

"It might damage the bike". Maybe the mechanic itself isn't really sure about it and just told you the "safest way to go", to use Gasohol. Of course the bike shouldn't have problems with gasohol if Honda did a good job.

I wouldn't believe it, as long as there isn't a clear statement in the manual like this: "Do never use pure benzine or you risk damage". There should be a big warning sign near such statement, if there is any at all.

But hey, not really a problem as long as the bike is running well. Put gasohol or whatever in it and have fun. I just was curious as it sounds strange to me. I am sure we will find it out in near future smile.png

Edited by wantan
  • Like 1

yeah it is strange indeed.

All i know except a couple of reliable 95 gasohol like Shell V power, the other 95 are not real 95 octane like 93 o r 94 as one of my friend related with this informed me before.

And best performance comes from 95 real benzyne with full and better combustion.

I think we will figure it out soon as you say.

Wait guys there must be some kind of confusion, I drove to petrol station from the shop, with their engineer and filled in benzine 91. They told me not only is it okay but better than gasohol. The fuel that is in the tank when you buy the bike (1 litre) is benzine 91.

Iam really confused in regards to what is better or worse and what? I drove 340 km on benzine 91 full tank, running dry today so going to station. Will try Shell V power LL mentioned.

Cars wise (I had 3) was always told gasohol (l mixture of gasoline and alcohol) is worse than pure benzine benzine, thats the reason why gasohol was always cheaper than benzine. For us in the UK unleaded is the only option. I dont think honda would be stupid enough to make a bike that only favors gasohol. BW told me benzine 91- 95, or gasohol 91-95 but preferably NOT gasohol 91.

I think many may be over thinking all of this.

Run Gasohol 95 if your bike runs great no prob stick with it & save some $$$

If for some reason it does not then try Benz 95

But I have not heard of it not working well in newer bikes & cars

I am talking about gasohol 95 not 91

I doubt running both or either is going to harm your new bike.

Some older bikes had a problem with rubber fuel lines, seals etc

But AFAIK none of the newer cars or bikes especially fuel injected will be phased by it at all.

Try both & see if there is any difference. That is what I would do if I had questions

But so far I have only run Gasohol 95 in both the N250 & 125i Wave with no problems at all.

I rev the heck out of both of them & both burn clean.

Maybe I will try a tank of benz 95 just to see if there is any performance gains

But for 22% more $$$ it better be substantial.

yeah, confusing for me too superior. they said something different to you there and something different to me here:)

and mania, yes, i used around 90 percent V power on my cbr250 and it runs great no hick ups no engine hit no problems at all and i save 6 baht per lit:)

Normally pure benzyne is always best on whatever machine i used before. I will ask it again on 1000 km service but real 95 petrol is expensive anyway so i will go for Shell V Power Plus.

46.75 thb per lit for 95 real benzyne - 38.33 thb for gasohol 95 - 40.50 thb for Shell V Power 95 but tomorrow all prices will go down 50 satang they say in Bangkok post. So, you save 6 thb per liter if you use v power over real 95 which means another liter free on every 7 liters:)

Just go fill your tank with V Power superior. it is good petrol.

Edited by loserlazer

As for the confusion over the petrol? The advice was given by Thais, so best completely ignore it.

Thanks for the dyno, it looks like one smooth powerband. Low-end power without a top-end kick. Perfect for city commuting and highway touring.

At 170kph+ straight outta the box with a pillion on board it's looking good for those who want to hit a top speed. smile.png

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 1

Well I never said it stalls at 5000 rpm, today I went to 8000 on 3rd gear. However mine is less than smooth these vibrations still there but less intense today. Called bigwing today they said shift below 5000 it's too much for a new bike. Wait until it gets over 1000 km. really ? 5k is too much? Also guy said it is expected to have vibrations.

Sounds like you may be lugging the bike, or that it may have the same range of engine harmonics that cause the CBR250 to vibrate (and cause the infamous faring buzz) in the mid-range.

It's interesting to see that Honda ditched the multi-layered faring of the CBR250 (that must have around 7 pieces of front farings to vibrate and buzz against each other) for a much more favourable 3 pieces on the CBR500.

Well I never said it stalls at 5000 rpm, today I went to 8000 on 3rd gear. However mine is less than smooth these vibrations still there but less intense today. Called bigwing today they said shift below 5000 it's too much for a new bike. Wait until it gets over 1000 km. really ? 5k is too much? Also guy said it is expected to have vibrations.

Sounds like you may be lugging the bike, or that it may have the same range of engine harmonics that cause the CBR250 to vibrate (and cause the infamous faring buzz) in the mid-range.

It's interesting to see that Honda ditched the multi-layered faring of the CBR250 (that must have around 7 pieces of front farings to vibrate and buzz against each other) for a much more favourable 3 pieces on the CBR500.

iS there anyway to fix it?

Its weird but last 3 days while running on 91 benzine I felt a decrease in power. I had a hard time taking over zoomer-x on the road.... had about 2 liters of juice left, but that shouldnt matter. When I first got a bike I went flat out 2-3 gear to the point that everything seemed blurry. Yesterday I gave accelerator full whack and it was about average. I filled in 95 Shell V power yesterday will see how it fares.

When Iam back to BW Chiangmai I will ask them to check it in and out and do dyno test on it (I hope they have one, their maintenance shop looked pretty empty when I was there a week ago).

Speaking of shell, yesterday was filling in there some muppet was excited to serve my bike, he turned away while filling in the bike exactly at the time it was full and splashed petrol all over it when it was full. In thai manner apologized and tried to "fix" situation by taking cloth to wipe fuel tank that wasnt closed yet, dipping his cloth in petrol and smearing and splashing it again over the tank. Duh....

• Like 1

I had a hard time taking over zoomer-x on the road

That shouldn't be happening.

Have there been any *burps* where the fuel cuts out for a second? If so it was probably from some grit or something getting in then fuel system from the rag-dipper retard.

What other bikes have you ridden/owned superior ,have you not got any friends with more experience that could take your bike for a spin and give you some feedback ,if your struggling to overtake a zoomer your either not riding it right or the bike has a problem.

• Like 1

Sup. Personally I think you just need to get it out on a fast open road and rev the nuts off it for 20-40 Km's. Get everything bedded in and the ecu working properly.

My 250 was a bit unusual until I had ridden it hard then every thing settled down. Also I would use Gasohol 91 if I were you the bike is designed for it and its cheaper. Only use 91 benzine if storing for a long time.

sent from my Q6

What other bikes have you ridden/owned superior ,have you not got any friends with more experience that could take your bike for a spin and give you some feedback ,if your struggling to overtake a zoomer your either not riding it right or the bike has a problem.

I'm going to save myself 150k and buy a zoomer:D

sent from my Q6

• Like 2

sent from my Q6

Is it just me .... or is the Zoomer a decent looking bike? (Maybe something in the water effecting my bike perception .... could also explain all the Ladyboys in Thailand?)

I reckon a CB 500X for longer rides and a Zoomer for the city could be the ideal combo?

Edited by Familyonthemove

iS there anyway to fix it?

In terms of the buzzyness/vibrations, no not without changing the way the engine works, different engines give off different vibes at different frequencies. With the CBR250 and it's multi-layered faring it creates a faring buzz (grinding type sound) in the mid-end - between 4.5k-6.5k rpm depending on the gear. I changed to a wider downpipe with a full-system exhaust and it shifted the power band up around 1000rpm, the vibes and buzziness were also shifted.

If bad it can be helped by taking out each bolt, lubing it and tightening it up again. Small foam strips (like the adhesive foam pads you can buy for the bottom of furniture legs) can be placed between the farings.

This may or may not be what you're experiencing. But the mid range 'vibrations' sounds similar. Though of course everyone has a different definition of what bike vibrations feel like.

I reckon a CB 500X for longer rides and a Zoomer for the city could be the ideal combo?

Good combo.

I was thinking CB500 for the city, Ninja 650 for longer touring rides.

Though as the bike play-cash is about to become a baby budget it will be the CBR250 for both city and touring for a while longer.

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 1

Wait guys there must be some kind of confusion, I drove to petrol station from the shop, with their engineer and filled in benzine 91. They told me not only is it okay but better than gasohol. The fuel that is in the tank when you buy the bike (1 litre) is benzine 91.

Iam really confused in regards to what is better or worse and what? I drove 340 km on benzine 91 full tank, running dry today so going to station. Will try Shell V power LL mentioned.

Cars wise (I had 3) was always told gasohol (l mixture of gasoline and alcohol) is worse than pure benzine benzine, thats the reason why gasohol was always cheaper than benzine. For us in the UK unleaded is the only option. I dont think honda would be stupid enough to make a bike that only favors gasohol. BW told me benzine 91- 95, or gasohol 91-95 but preferably NOT gasohol 91.

Generally, running on fuel with a higher octane than recommended ie 91, provides no performance gain nor increased millage. Gasohol will always provide less mileage because alcohol contains less energy/volume than benzene. Edited by scorpio1945

sent from my Q6

Is it just me .... or is the Zoomer a decent looking bike? (Maybe something in the water effecting my bike perception .... could also explain all the Ladyboys in Thailand?)

I think the beer may be still in your system :)

• Like 2

Generally, running on fuel with a higher octane than recommended ie 91, provides no performance gain nor increased millage. Gasohol will always provide less mileage because alcohol contains less energy/volume than benzene.

I get detonation/pinging on my CBR250 with 91 Octane, both Benzine and Gasohol. Much, much less so (pretty much none unless I completely lug it) with 95.

I don't care about mileage.

Edited by cbrer