Score Of People Wounded In M79 Attack In Narathiwat

Lite Beer

Score of people wounded in M79 attack in Narathiwat

image_201209301059001553BDB8-D5E2-A096-AD83148DA533A364.jpg

NARATHIWAT, Sept 30 - Suspected insurgents fired M-79 grenades at a fair in Narathiwat, injuring 21 people.

The fair, selling famed local products, was held in front of the Bajor district office. The first grenade fell at the entrance of the district office and the second grenade fell at a stall. The 21 injured included children, people and officials.

Traders subsequently closed their stalls and the fair was cancelled.

The grenades were fired from the wood behind Bajor police station. It is believed that the grenades targeted officials providing security at the fair but the grenades fell into the crowd, causing many casualties.

The police initially suspect that it is the work of the Barisan Revolusi Nasional Melayu Pattani (BRN) group, which is active in Bajor district. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-09-30

we all know what needs to be done !!

but the political correct stand in our way,

thus more inocent people will die..

I thought Thaksin Shinawat tried to sort them out down south and shouted down for it.

We all know what needs to be done?

This is what needs to be done to them and take note, the women and children were not targeted or anyone in the tents.

Not for the PC folks or the sceamish...awesomely accurate firepower.

More to see at the end of this one.

2 APACHE choppers KILL A PLATOON OF TALIBAN

Very graphic, but it shows the capability with the equipment on hand. They know if he's carrying a rifle or an RPG. You can see some of them with the rifle in hand. One wee rifle against a Hellfire missile seems a bit unbalanced, huh? That is so incredible. Not good for Taliban recruiting.

Women and children were not targeted.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f213b73d647e

FYI:

FLIR=Foward Looking Infrared Radar

RPG=Rocket Propelled grenade

Edited by OZEMADE

There mere fact that Children, Mothers and Fathers, who probably have no anti-religious views in their simplistic Buddhist lives and lives of making 'merit', are the resulant casualties of bastard, thoughtless freedom fighters (and whatever freedom they are fighting for in a country which is not theirs, I will never know), simply brings tears to my eyes, especially for the little ones, who knew not one iota what happened to them, or what has happened to them, for the survivors.

I have only words for the children. Be strong, and in future be careful of those who are Islamic in your immediate vicinity!

-mel. crying.gif

• Like 1

There mere fact that Children, Mothers and Fathers, who probably have no anti-religious views in their simplistic Buddhist lives and lives of making 'merit', are the resulant casualties of bastard, thoughtless freedom fighters (and whatever freedom they are fighting for in a country which is not theirs, I will never know), simply brings tears to my eyes, especially for the little ones, who knew not one iota what happened to them, or what has happened to them, for the survivors.

I have only words for the children. Be strong, and in future be careful of those who are Islamic in your immediate vicinity!

-mel. crying.gif

Has it not occured to your muppet brain that most, if not, all of the victims were probably muslim?

Does that make any difference? Innocent women and children. Animals behave with more compassion than these people.

• Like 1

Six dead, dozens injured in Thai south attacks

BANGKOK, Sept 30, 2012 (AFP) - Bombing and shooting attacks have killed six people and left 27 wounded across the restive Thai south in two days of violence in the insurgency-plagued region, police said Sunday.

Five people were gunned down and over two dozen injured in a spate of incidents Saturday that spanned all three provinces in Thailand's Muslim-majority south where an eight-year conflict has claimed thousands of lives.

In Pattani, unknown gunmen shot dead a Muslim policeman, a 74-year-old Buddhist and a Muslim security volunteer in different attacks.

Another shooting in Yala targetted a Buddhist couple on their way to the local market, leaving the wife dead and the husband injured.

A similar incident in Narathiwat saw a man and wife -- both security volunteers on their way to a shooting training session -- shot, killing the woman and wounding her husband.

Also in Narathiwat, suspected militants fired two M-79 grenades into a busy local market festival, causing injuries to 23 people, although police said none was thought to be serious.

In fresh attack early Sunday, one 18-year-old Muslim man was found shot dead in Yala, while a mother and daughter were also attacked and injured by gunmen in a separate incident in the same province.

A complex insurgency calling for greater autonomy has plagued Thailand's far south near the border with Malaysia since 2004, claiming more than 5,300 lives, both Buddhist and Muslim, with near daily bomb or gun attacks.

In response to an increase in violence over the summer, authorities in Thailand, a predominantly Buddhist country, said they had renewed peace talks with militant leaders.

The latest attacks come a little over a week after at least six people were killed and more than 40 injured when a car bomb exploded in a busy shopping street in Sai Buri town, Pattani.

Militants opened fire on shops shortly after Friday prayers, luring security forces to the scene before detonating the bomb.

A leaflet campaign warning of violent repercussions for shops and restaurants opening on the Islamic prayer day led the vast majority of business in major towns to shutter their operations last Friday.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-09-30

-mel. crying.gif

Has it not occured to your muppet brain that most, if not, all of the victims were probably muslim?

I made the same comment people dont seem to understand that muslims are targetted and killed by the insurgents.

The muppets here just love to spew their hate just like muslim extremists.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

Mods... are you going to get on top of the religious hatred being exhibted on this forum or not.... It has come to the attention of some of my Thai colleagues, they are less than impressed, don't say I didn't warn you.

There is a report button that you can use to report any posts which you think cross the line. The forum rules

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Mods... are you going to get on top of the religious hatred being exhibted on this forum or not.... It has come to the attention of some of my Thai colleagues, they are less than impressed, don't say I didn't warn you.

I would suggest you are the trouble maker here trying to stir up trouble by bring up this pathetic religious nonsense.

We are talking about the scum who attacked innocent people. If they happen to be a majority of one religion then so be it – but take them out permanently.

Oh, and if you “Thai friends” are so unimpressed (?) then please ask them to post and not hide behind you.

How right you are. No excuse for killing indiscriminately, what ever the cause.

I try to wonder what these cowards think after they have shredded children who were brought up with the cowards own beliefs. sad.png .

The problem of the military being judge, jury and executioner is that they will inevitably be killing innocents themselves as they don't always get their man.

Extrajudicial killings will only lead to the settling of scores, elimination of rivals and little else.

The only way to end this is a settlement that includes the support of the majority community.

Targeting family markets is NOT a military target.

I thought Thaksin Shinawat tried to sort them out down south and shouted down for it.

We all know what needs to be done?

This is what needs to be done to them and take note, the women and children were not targeted or anyone in the tents.

Not for the PC folks or the sceamish...awesomely accurate firepower.

More to see at the end of this one.

2 APACHE choppers KILL A PLATOON OF TALIBAN

Very graphic, but it shows the capability with the equipment on hand. They know if he's carrying a rifle or an RPG. You can see some of them with the rifle in hand. One wee rifle against a Hellfire missile seems a bit unbalanced, huh? That is so incredible. Not good for Taliban recruiting.

Women and children were not targeted.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f213b73d647e

FYI:

FLIR=Foward Looking Infrared Radar

RPG=Rocket Propelled grenade

Sometimes a chopper crew get the right target sometimes they don't.

Try searching wikileaks for some slaughter of innocents by chopper gunship firepower.

As for Taksin sorting out the insurgency the present government are dishing out plenty of compensation for the innocents killed at Tak Bai etc and have created years of resentment from their killings and heavy handed approach.

The problem of the military being judge, jury and executioner is that they will inevitably be killing innocents themselves as they don't always get their man.

Extrajudicial killings will only lead to the settling of scores, elimination of rivals and little else.

The only way to end this is a settlement that includes the support of the majority community.

Targeting family markets is NOT a military target.

I entirely agree with your statement but that is absolutely not what I was saying.

I was commenting on a post which appears to advocate extrajudicial killing.

In another thread the security forces are quoted as saying that the people who launched this attack were targeting a security post and the grenades overshot the intended target. What I do not understand is why elderly Thai Muslims (men and women) are being targeted and shot in the head and killed, also an elderly Muslim married couple was recently murdered by gunshot to the head. Are they informers/business disputes or just pure evil to create yet more discord in the community and stretch the resources of the Thai security forces.

In another thread the security forces are quoted as saying that the people who launched this attack were targeting a security post and the grenades overshot the intended target. What I do not understand is why elderly Thai Muslims (men and women) are being targeted and shot in the head and killed, also an elderly Muslim married couple was recently murdered by gunshot to the head. Are they informers/business disputes or just pure evil to create yet more discord in the community and stretch the resources of the Thai security forces.

That is an interesting question. I have always wondered about this as well. I do know that they target pretty much anyone working for the gov't--such as police, soldiers, teachers, village headmen etc.. They also target informants and those who are cooperating with the gov't. I don't know why they 'seem' to kill so many people indiscriminately. They could be just trying to create chaos.

The other factor, and I think it is an important one, is that we don't know if the gov't and military are giving us correct information. How much of what they say is based on factual information and how much is just someone talking through their backside is unknown. This concern is based on the sometimes ill-informed speculation that the police do with everything from suicides to car accidents.

That is an interesting question. I have always wondered about this as well. I do know that they target pretty much anyone working for the gov't--such as police, soldiers, teachers, village headmen etc.. They also target informants and those who are cooperating with the gov't. I don't know why they 'seem' to kill so many people indiscriminately. They could be just trying to create chaos.

The other factor, and I think it is an important one, is that we don't know if the gov't and military are giving us correct information. How much of what they say is based on factual information and how much is just someone talking through their backside is unknown. This concern is based on the sometimes ill-informed speculation that the police do with everything from suicides to car accidents.

To add another thought to the debate, it's not unknown for security forces to kill in false flag operations to create resentment against the "terrorists" within their own communities.

If the security forces commit extrajudicial killings they become terrorists themselves.

Sometimes extreme measures are necessary to protect the public at large. The threat of judicial proceedings or criminal prosecution apparently has no impact on those that indiscriminately mame and kill women, children and innocent victims.

Apologists should give the religious persecution or religious discrimination crap a rest. These dudes are mass murderers who apparently enjoy causing fear, pain and death. They are driven by purely human emotions: hate, pride, envy, and greed. What they do has zilch to do with religion so condemnation of them is not religious disrumination like some have said.

My friend is from a village about 7 km from Naratiwat of what used to be 600 residents. According to her, since the killings commenced, 65 people from the village have been killed. The last killings were two weeks ago when my friend's 17-year-old cousin was killed while coming back from school. This is a Buddhist village, but a Muslim fruit buyer from Hat Yai was also killed when he came down to buy the village's fruit after local buyers offered only 10% of their value.

Over the weekend, a village boy was stabbed in the shoulder by a Muslim student and a woman was killed while driving in the main road from Naratiwat to Pattani. Whether the stabbing was religiously motivated or not, I don't have a clue, but the boy has told his family that if the person who stabbed him was not arrested, his friends would go and take their own revenge.

Whether this is the truth or not, I don't know, but the perception in this village is that the Army can be trusted to try and stop the killing, but the police force will not get involved. At least n one case from earlier this year, one old woman survived a killing in which her son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter were killed in their home, and she identified two of the killers. No one has been arrested to date.

In the village, rubber trees have been cut down, and every family has received messages that they had better sell their property and move out or they will be killed.

The situation down there is pretty serious. When I discuss this over lunch at work, none of the Thais with whom I eat really have any concept of what is happening down there.

Several Thai Buddhists from Naratiwat have told me that the province should just be annexed by Malaysia. Many of the Thais have relatives living over the border, and there are no killings like this happening there. They are sick and tired of the fear, and if the Malaysian government can keep the peace, then they tell me that is good enough for them.

All of what I wrote above is second-hand information. I was in a house on January 1 that was hit by gunfire, but other than that, I am just relating what I have been told

If the security forces commit extrajudicial killings they become terrorists themselves.

Sometimes extreme measures are necessary to protect the public at large. The threat of judicial proceedings or criminal prosecution apparently has no impact on those that indiscriminately mame and kill women, children and innocent victims.

Apologists should give the religious persecution or religious discrimination crap a rest. These dudes are mass murderers who apparently enjoy causing fear, pain and death. They are driven by purely human emotions: hate, pride, envy, and greed. What they do has zilch to do with religion so condemnation of them is not religious disrumination like some have said.

Who decides who dies?

Where is the burden of proof?

If the terrorists were really identifiable then do you not believe they would be already in prison or dead?

The truth is there is very little proof and evidence of guilt so people would end up being executed on heresay or worse hate, jealousy and the settling of scores.

I for one would hate to live in that sort of society.

what I would suggest is an immediate surge of military personnel in these troubled regions, the Thai government seems to be losing control of this situation and is sticking its head in the sand. Is Malaysia complicit in supporting this insurgency? just a question so don't shoot me down in flames, I am no expert on this particular conflict. I am anti war and didn't support the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq and would have gone for a more defensive strategy globally, but after some reading is it not the intention of Islam to impose itself and ideals across the globe? I cannot see this clashing of global ideals going away any time soon?

Who decides who dies?

If the terrorists were really identifiable then do you not believe they would be already in prison or dead?

The truth is there is very little proof and evidence of guilt so people would end up being executed on heresay or worse hate, jealousy and the settling of scores.

Cannot use police and court system to deal with gorilla warfare and terrorism. Those are institutions designed to deal with civilized problems. Clearly evident that police are compromised or just scared to act because they get targeted. You seem to be advocating that the terrorist and those who have declared war on police and innocent civillians continue to operate, kill and terrorize with impunity. Unfortunately, terrorists also advocate and hide behind the mentality you endorse which us precisely why terrorism works so well.

• Like 2

Who decides who dies?

Cannot use police and court system to deal with gorilla warfare and terrorism. Those are institutions designed to deal with civilized problems. Clearly evident that police are compromised or just scared to act because they get targeted. You seem to be advocating that the terrorist and those who have declared war on police and innocent civillians continue to operate, kill and terrorize with impunity. Unfortunately, terrorists also advocate and hide behind the mentality you endorse which us precisely why terrorism works so well.

Where on earth did I say terrorists be allowed to opperate with impunity?

All I am saying is that the rule of law should be upheld and if that means a new approach and further resources being used then so be it.

The situation in the south of Thailand is a sign of the Governments and armies abject failure to recognise and deal with the problem.

They could do alot worse than look to see how the terrorism in Northern Ireland was handled and the paramilitary organisations first bought to dialogue and then into governing the province.

One thing for sure it was not with a policy of extrajudicial killings.

• Like 1

Who decides who dies?

Would argue exactly the opposite.

The military solution has never worked, anywhere to my knowledge.

Can anyone cite an example where it has ??

It only prolongs the problem.

The only solution is to get around a table and talk, bring these people back into society.

And, before the Islam haters start ( and there are many on here ), the problem in the south is social and political far more ( at least at this stage ) than religious.

The fair, selling famed local products, was held in front of the Bajor district office. The first grenade fell at the entrance of the district office and the second grenade fell at a stall. The 21 injured included children, people and officials

I do not see how you can actually sit there and claim that the comments/posts are of religious hatred? I am sure that the same comments would be made regardless of the ethnicity of the people responsible!

The real hatred comes from the people propelling the grenades who no doubt do so knowing that there will be responses such as those made in this forum!

Further more the way you closed your post,

don't say I didn't warn you.

sounds very much like a threat?coffee1.gif