Thai Police Fire Tear Gas At Political Protest

webfact

Democracy and the right to protest were the losers today.

Red shirt sycophants circling in on what they see as a victory will do well to think about Thailand as a whole rather than some crude form of cannibalistic kill.

Why not be honest for once. This was not a protest. This was a mob of thugs with a calculated purpose to incite violence and apparently create enough chaos to get military involved. Demonstrate is the last thing they cared about. They had an agenda to remove Yingluck by any means possible.

I am sure it is dissappointing to you haters that violence and chaos did not preceded military intervention and removal of Yingluck. She actually showed good leadership by keeping control of the situation and keeping the general public safe.

Time to respect the country and it's political system and stop acting like children not getting their way.

With the PM having handled the situation so masterly, protesters gone home already, surely we can count on her to be present in parliament tomorrow to answer some questions the opposition would like to ask her during the censure debate ?wai.gif

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red shirt sycophants circling in on what they see as a victory will do well to think about Thailand as a whole rather than some crude form of cannibalistic kill.

Why not be honest for once. This was not a protest. This was a mob of thugs with a calculated purpose to incite violence and apparently create enough chaos to get military involved. Demonstrate is the last thing they cared about. They had an agenda to remove Yingluck by any means possible.

I am sure it is dissappointing to you haters that violence and chaos did not preceded military intervention and removal of Yingluck. She actually showed good leadership by keeping control of the situation and keeping the general public safe.

Time to respect the country and it's political system and stop acting like children not getting their way.

20,000 violent thugs? Yet we constantly get the "peaceful red shirts". It seems that cutting some barbed wire is much more violent than burning tyres and launching grenades.

Really. Why constantly deflect or shift focus to red shirts when your group is questioned?

This is like a grade schooler saying well Johnny did it too when getting into trouble. Whether Johnny did it too does not make it right or excuse the child's behaviour.

Time to use grown up logic and start accepting responsibility for one's own actions.

20,000 violent thugs? Yet we constantly get the "peaceful red shirts". It seems that cutting some barbed wire is much more violent than burning tyres and launching grenades.

Do you think the police should have allowed the protesters to push them back and breach their lines?

No.

Really. Why constantly deflect or shift focus to red shirts when your group is questioned?

This is like a grade schooler saying well Johnny did it too when getting into trouble. Whether Johnny did it too does not make it right or excuse the child's behaviour.

Time to use grown up logic and start accepting responsibility for one's own actions.

Deflecting? I'm just questioning that there were 20,000 violent thugs.

Thank you for setting me straight. Now I understand how the police actually were on the side of the Yellows that took over the airport whilst a pro-Thaksin government was in charge. A fickle bunch, those BIB, aren't they? Always changing sides and all...

No you don't get it.

Oh dear, I'm not doing very well at this am I? All I can do is hope that one day I will be clever enough to agree with you.

On the 1st day of the red shirt protests there was no violence. Their violence occurred after the army attacked them.

I don't recall the army attacking the red shirts on April 8 or April 9. I also don't recall the army attacking the red shirts on April 10 until after the the colonel had been blown up.

The army also didn't stop the red shirts from getting to their protest site.

With the PM having handled the situation so masterly, protesters gone home already, surely we can count on her to be present in parliament tomorrow to answer some questions the opposition would like to ask her during the censure debate ?wai.gif

Broken records you guys are. Last I heard this thread was about police using tear gas and protesters' actions yesterday. Your completely off topic as usual to shift focus. Why not go to the censure thread and ask your little question that I am sure you have asked over and over and over.

more wasting of taxpayers' money and the government's valuable time

Edited by Rich teacher

Another thread full of the same suspects trying to justify everything with the argument ' but the reds................'.

We even have one saying the police plant guns so I guess with that logic the army could have done the same, or inserted men in black etc etc etc ad nauseum.

The fact is that today there is a violent faction, pitak Siam are trying to force a coup so this was always going to be violent, why do you think he is squealing already for army protection?

It's pretty obvious you would like to GAG posters who refer to the Red Shirts in a debate, It's not going to happen,their sins will follow them,get used to it.

Obvious?

Gag them?

Haha, not at all. I would just prefer them to be balanced and honest, and deal with each issue on its own merit and not based on what the reds may or may not have done as it has no relevance. not too much to ask s it?

Johnny1 was no comparison to the transgressions of Johnny 2, so no need to dilute the comparison.

Deflecting? I'm just questioning that there were 20,000 violent thugs.

Haha, nice how you deleted your previous quote from this response to show what I responded to. I guess you forgot about the second and third sentences after 20,000 thugs part where you are again whining about red shirt conduct 2 years ago.

Evasive people here. Did you momma teach that honesty is the best policy.

more wasting of taxpayers' money and the government's valuable time

Surely a democratic principle as 'censure debate' can never be a total waste of time? What about transparency? Don't you think that's needed in a democracy?

Broken records you guys are. Last I heard this thread was about police using tear gas and protesters' actions yesterday. Your completely off topic as usual to shift focus. Why not go to the censure thread and ask your little question that I am sure you have asked over and over and over.

Well, you mentioned "She actually showed good leadership" rolleyes.gif

Johnny1 was no comparison to the transgressions of Johnny 2, so no need to dilute the comparison.

Haha, unbelievable. Just confirming my point and it's is like you guys don't even get it. You guys are about the most entertaining thing on the net. By far.

Haha, nice how you deleted your previous quote from this response to show what I responded to. I guess you forgot about the second and third sentences after 20,000 thugs part where you are again whining about red shirt conduct 2 years ago.

Evasive people here. Did you momma teach that honesty is the best policy.

The quotes are still there for everyone to see, and there is no need to re-quote them every time there is a response.

I referred to the red shirts, since many of the posters here talking about the violence today call the protests in 2010 peaceful.

Looks like they are thinking the best defense is to attack.

Notice the Red Neck Scarfs on these Police. coffee1.gif

Click to enlarge.

so what about all the police with the blue scarfs on. maybe its a way of identifying differrent groups. Very selective post.

Surely a democratic principle as 'censure debate' can never be a total waste of time? What about transparency? Don't you think that's needed in a democracy?

Transparency! Like having the army general chair meetings at his personal residence to subvert democracy. LOL.

Army generals ... Fugitive criminal ex-police officers ... Same Same But Different.

Interesting that The BIB are pro active. Don't doubt that the fake upholders of democracy will crush this protest, by any means possible, can't have people speaking out against The DL and his puppet government.

yes but unfortunately that is totally the wrong way to handle this situation, if this continues it will degrade rapidly into a huge civil disorder mess, these people have the right to protest they are doing nothing wrong, if they are not allowed to exercise their rights that is very dangerous

Tearing down the police barbwire is obviously doing something wrong ....... They got gassed for a good reason and would have been gassed just as fast anyplace else.

Transparency! Like having the army general chair meetings at his personal residence to subvert democracy. LOL.

Army generals ... Fugitive criminal ex-police officers ... Same Same But Different.

Not really. We all know the dems coalition was gerrymandered together with help from the army.

That's Thai politics. But it is effectively history.

Well, it's difficult to force transparency in previous governments, but we can keep trying with the current government. One of the 'to be implemented in the first year' policies was:

1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice.

On the 1st day of the red shirt protests there was no violence. Their violence occurred after the army attacked them.

And the point needs to be made that BEFORE the army received any casualties on April 10th 2010 ar least 2!protestors had been shot dead.

Hear all the weaponry being fired before the explosion amongst the soldiers.

The violence had already begun.

A peaceful and legal protest (up to then at least) was re-labelled a terrorist plot and the army was sent in.

120,000 rounds fired and 2,500 sniper rounds later and all we ever hear from these anti- democrats on here it was all the fault of the MIB to date none if which have been identified/ arrested.

Nobody knows who killed colonel Romklao.

It's a mystery.

Today at the start they came to destroy.

They didn't want to be searched and so they attempted to break through the police lines and they failed.

Consigned to the dustbin of history.

• Like 2

Well, it's difficult to force transparency in previous governments, but we can keep trying with the current government. One of the 'to be implemented in the first year' policies was:

1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice.

and you have some evidence to show this government has done a worse job than the last administration on this issue?

Edited by Rich teacher

Well, you mentioned "She actually showed good leadership" rolleyes.gif

You too huh. I guess you are blaming me for your off topic rhetoric about Yingluck because I some how opened the door by saying she did a good job. I said she did a good job in handling this demonstration and keeping public safe during the protest.

Mine on topic, yours still off topic, but that's the way you guys roll. When nothing else to say about topic you try and save face through off topic whining about red shirts or Yingluck. Don't they have threads dedicated for that?