Truevisions Strikes Again

wayned

I opened their new January TV guide this morning with the new programming format. Seems that there is more room for advertisements since they have reduced their daily programming to half a page and it only covers viewing periods in the evenings not the whole day. There is no longer any info for late night or day when foreign sports events are televised and the extra magizine with the additional channels has disappeared! Great move True!

Never had TrueVision........... but I do use TrueVision online programming to see what is on TV and then try to find a Sat that has this.. or LIVE streaming if Sports

http://www.truevisio.../world.aspx?w=6

shows programs for every channel + 24 hrs all times of the day, just checked up to 27th Jan 2013

As I said I do not use/have TrueVision, but can get the Sat.. channels scrambled but EPG works and shows what is on for the next 4 or 5 days

Edited by ignis

To actually receive the magazine either on time or at all would be a start in fairness.

Yep.

I either never get one of it turns up half way through the month.

To be honest it is totally useless anyway. They should get rid of it and reduce the subscriptions.

Never received a bill in 7 months either.

To actually receive the magazine either on time or at all would be a start in fairness.

I usually don't receive my copy of the magazine until the second week into the new month.

And what makes you think True is at fault? Possibly the Thai Post? for the late or never delivered mags and invoices. I always got the magazine and invoice when I had an account for 6 years. On time! Before the invoice was due. I do agree the magazine is useless to the non Thai reader.

You can see the schedule online and it is more up to date anyway - search for programs - example search NFL and it will show all the up coming NFL games by channel and date time. It looks about 30 days at a time.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/trueworld.aspx

scroll down to the search box and English can be selected at the bottom of the page.

You can see the schedule online and it is more up to date anyway - search for programs - example search NFL and it will show all the up coming NFL games by channel and date time. It looks about 30 days at a time.

http://www.truevisio.../trueworld.aspx

scroll down to the search box and English can be selected at the bottom of the page.

Same link as I posted on 2nd Post ?

http://www.truevisio.../trueworld.aspx

Same link as I posted on 2nd Post ?

Yes and no the first is set to do a search world at start and loads slow - other is start page do your own search with note that eng select is at the bottom many people miss that as most pages put it near the top.

I always use the "Guide" button on the remote. You can setup to only see the listings for your favourite channels, you can search all channels for key words and you can setup alerts when the program starts, works fine for me, never use the printed guide.

In my case,I use to check all the moviechannels to see,which movies,if any,I want to record for watching at a convinient time.It is easy and quick,no need for putting on the computer and search bit by bit.The new format of the magazin is no good for me,and I emailed them to let them know it.Of course,they will not give a dam_n,I know,but feels good anyway to do it...I also wanted to know about the new "series",named "Capital City",if and when it will be send ,but so far,no answer!!

In my case,I use to check all the moviechannels to see,which movies,if any,I want to record for watching at a convinient time.

With all the repeats you could probably just set it for a random time and the movie will show up sometime. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I usually don't receive my copy of the magazine until the second week into the new month.

And what makes you think True is at fault? Possibly the Thai Post? for the late or never delivered mags and invoices. I always got the magazine and invoice when I had an account for 6 years. On time! Before the invoice was due. I do agree the magazine is useless to the non Thai reader.

Agree. If Thai post does its job correctly the magazine is delivered the 25th, max 27th.

My magazine usually comes before the first of the month. However, with the latest format and the quality of the paper it doesn't even make good toilet paper.

Same here, on time but now useless.

Decrease in service, claiming to save trees during their never-ending commercials, but in reality diminishing their costs without increasing the quality of service or reducing the monthly subscription.

Bravo Bad Visions !

My magazine usually comes before the first of the month. However, with the latest format and the quality of the paper it doesn't even make good toilet paper.

Same here, on time but now useless.

Not totally useless as I used mine to light a bonfire in the back garden this evening.

I find the new magazine very confusing. There is a leaflet accompanying it which purports to explain the changes, but I can not agree with their claim that it is "more convenient". The leaflet also includes an offer of a free upgrade for 2 months if you register to "go green" and unsubscribe to the magazine. I would happily do this, except that as far as I can see the only way is via a Smartphone, which I do not use. I looked on the website to see if it can be done online, but I couldn't find anything. If anyone knows better, please let us know.

Agree. If Thai post does its job correctly the magazine is delivered the 25th, max 27th.

Except that they don't send the magazine out by post, they use a courier firm, at least in my area anyway.

Except that they don't send the magazine out by post, they use a courier firm, at least in my area anyway.

Ditto...here in my western Bangkok area it's not the post office that delivers the magazine but some courier firm (i.e., a guy on a motorcyle and it ain't the post office motorcycle guy).

There was a letter in Postbag in the Bangkok Post yesterday where the reader complained about the new True magasine being somewhat smaller than usual.

It goes on to say that he contacted True and their reply was something along the lines of "True have adapted their programing in such a way that some channels will only be shown in the evening time".

I find this a little difficult to believe and only hope that he misunderstood what they said. On the other hand maybe that fits with the content of the magasine.

I sent an email to them complaining about the new gudie and expected no response. Lo and Behold when I got up this mornibg there was a "canned" response trying to justify their decision. AND they offered to send me tV guides in the future in the old format.

"With regard to your message on our monthly magazine, we would like to clarify and provide some rationale behind the changes.

Firstly, let us look at what the changes are: What we have done, is consolidate the schedules from the Extra Magazine and Premiere magazine and provide the evening highlights for each day – which is the time period for which most readers really need the information. By doing this, we are able to show the prime time information for more channels on one page, which makes it easier to plan viewing at a glance. For the vast majority of readers, this is a highly practical and welcome change. For the very small number of readers who require the schedules outside of prime time, we will continue to provide them on request, in the form of a separate listing.

The reason that we took a hard look at our magazine is that technology is constantly evolving in the 21st century and all forms of media are moving from printed to on-line content. TrueVisions went through an enormous undertaking in 2012 with the massive roll-out of our HD Plus set-top-box... In addition to being able to receive HD channels, this new box also has a feature rich EPG system, which provides not only program names, time and full synopses in both English and Thai for up to seven days - it can also set program reminders and record programs with the PVR option.

In addition to the HD Plus box, we have also developed a feature-rich Application for tablet and iPhone users which can be downloaded for free from the app store and this contains the full electronic version of our magazine, plus a TV guide function which can also browse the full schedule for up to seven days and set reminders. With the new set-top-box, IOS application and our website, there is more program information than ever – in both English and Thai. When one views the whole picture, it is clear that information is not being cut back at all. Rather, it is being enhanced and improved and being made available in more places where more people are able to access it in an easier manner – for free.

When we look at the international trends on this issue we can see that TrueVisions is actually the only Cable TV provider in the region who still supplies a printed magazine for free. Subscribers in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong all pay for their magazines, which is the pattern for most networks around the world. In the very few cases where cable providers do provide a free magazine, such as the one provided by Sky in Europe, the schedule pages are always paired down to an absolute minimum because in order to provide the full 24 hour schedule for around 100 channels would use an outrageous amount of paper and would be prohibitively expensive.

We are absolutely sure that the vast majority of subscribers will be happier with the new layout and program information but we will continue to monitor feedback closely. For the next few months, or until we are sure that we have fully met customer expectations, we are happy to provide a separate listing of the detailed schedules, similar to our old Extra magazine and this can be requested from our Customer Service center."

I answered them and told them that I wished to receive the old format and this afternoon received the old format of both the Tv Guide and the supplement for January as downloads and also a statement that they would be providing hard copy in the old format evry month. Must have had a bunch of complaints!

I received exactly the same answer as wayned.Perhaps it is because I have lived here for many years and thus not expect much,or anything,from a complaining e-mail,that I was pleasently surprised to get an answer.and a long one too....The listing on the net was useful,but they have not yet desided whether to go on with it or not.Hopefully they will!

Later in the day they sent me another email with all of the sports events for January listed. A typed document that I have never seen before. I have more info now than I've ever had! Are they waking up or just having a "brain fart"?

To be honest True are quite good (if sometimes a little slow) at responding to complaints.

When they dropped BBC Entertainment a few years ago there was a huge outcry from (mainly British) viewers and, although it took rather a long time, it's back now.

When they dropped ASN, in the middle of the NFL season, there was a huge outcry from (mainly American) expats and it was back the following year.

When they announced they would drop many of the radio channels and the BBC World Service, there was a huge outcry, and they reversed their decision.

Having lived here for over 7 years I've got used to the idiosyncracies of Thai service, and True are by no means the worst example.

Of course, the future of the EPL on Thai TV will be the big test for me, but that, unfortunately, would appear to be out of True's hands.

Edited by brewsterbudgen