The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I forgot to add that also included on the platter is a small dressed salad.

There is a much fancier restaurant on Naklua road not far north of Dolphin that features European grilled chicken. I haven't tried but based on the pictures it appears to be a more modern presentation. I think it comes with frittes. Anyone tried the chicken there that cares to comment?

It's La Ferme.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d3619120-r441938012-La_Ferme-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Part of Woodlands Hotel; guests take breakfast there. The menu for La Ferme seems quite imaginative and is relatively expensive. I am not yet tempted to give it a try. 

Not sure if this place has been mentioned before:

Turkish Kebab on the corner on South Pattaya Road & 2nd Road, well almost on the corner, walk app 5-10 meters down South P Road and you are there.

Easily the best kebab I ever had in Pattaya and the mixed meat one for 140 baht is a steal considered how big it is. Had one for lunch twice now and I enjoyed them each time. 

Very small place, perhaps 5 tables inside, staff only Turkish guys, no Thais the 2 times I was there.

Lots of Turkish customers on each visit, which is a good sign.

Highly recommended.

I find the chicken kebab in there a bit hit and miss. Last time there was next to no chicken in there. But the mixed kebab is well nice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, champers said:

Part of Woodlands Hotel; guests take breakfast there. The menu for La Ferme seems quite imaginative and is relatively expensive. I am not yet tempted to give it a try. 

Been there a few times. meant to be a French Bistro type resto. Menu looks a bit fast food like. Shiny laminated with pictures. But it's not bad and they have draught and bottled Belgium beer. If price isn't too much of an issue it's fine.

Local to my house with plenty of parking so convenient if can't decide where to eat and hungry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Another place that features European rotisserie chicken is the chain called the Kitchen. But I haven't tried it. They are on eatigo though so you can get a discount. Ate there once to try their lamb shank. Not impressed.

This one ?

https://www.facebook.com/thekitchenbkk/

But BIRDS seems to be the best:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d12635991-Reviews-Birds_Rotisserie-Bangkok.html

Edited by bleble

13 minutes ago, bleble said:

Absolutely not. This thread is for PATTAYA area restaurants only. 

The Kitchen PATTAYA also has locations in Samui and Phuket. Not Bangkok. 

As you can see from their facebook page, they do indeed feature their CHICKEN. I think I might get around to try it. I recall they offer a choice of "ethnic" flavorings with the chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/thekitchenpattayabeach

On the western chicken theme, another option is the American BBQ smoked chicken at Smokin' Joes, Soi Lengkee. The portion sold as "half" chicken though is on the quite small side. You get a choice of side American BBQ sauces. I think it's good but of course most people go there for the pork ribs. 

https://www.facebook.com/Smokin-Joes-BBQ-1601796020117429/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I tried Oscar restaurant in Jomtien and I will be back. Very good price quality ratio with the 199thb menu.  I have also been some day ago to PizzaArt on tappraya road. The owner that make the pizzas is from Naples. I think that is the best pizza around at the moment. Also I was in central festival a few day ago and decided to tray yayoi. I mean is not incredibile but  they have many different set menu (Japanese food) for less that 200 thb that tick all the box for a good lunch in my opinion

Edited by marino28
  • Like 2

On 10/09/2017 at 8:13 PM, bleble said:

I see on this page that we already are 2 to think that this place does not deserve any attention...

Let's wait for other people who will go there with their teerak and will also tell how stupid it is to sell chicken without somtam in Thailand ! Yes, as you said, we are in Thailand, and it is a fact not only when it's at your own benefit.

Have you advised KFC how stupid they are? ?

1 hour ago, bleble said:

They do not sell grilled chicken, they sell crap fried chicken, it's even written in their name, in case you missed it <3

Thais sell somtam with fried chicken...... perhaps they are smarter than KFC...

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You sure about that?:whistling:

kfc-grilled-chicken-md.jpg.299318e571f12047b5bfee15dbddde9c.jpg

Yes, also sure that they are mostly known for they barbecue chicken ! ALL OVER THE WORLD !

You won ! team of champion, you should open restaurants, you would all be so successful as you seem to know everything !

On 6/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, KittenKong said:

Looking at their website this does seem to be an operation geared to image rather than content. They even say so themselves: "Its success with more branch expansion has turned Greyhound from a fashion label into a cutting edge lifestyle brand in Bangkok." They are also heavily into franchising, which doesn't really inspire me as to the food quality.

But I do think that they have chosen their location well as that would be exactly the sort of place that moneyed Thais visiting the Kaan show would want to eat at.

I would be more inclined to eat in an individually owned and operated restaurant though. The only chain I really like is Sizzler (whose prices are net, not ++).

I ate at the Greyhound restaurant last year in Bangkok.  It was really good, a bit pricey.  Nice service, good selection, decent value.  Can't wait to try the one here!