Nursing Home

WinnieTheKhwai

obviously not the one where the old lass scurries around every morningin the wheelchair asking the old guys if they want "super sex" ?

I think on that ocasion, looking at the state of the old lass, one guy opted for the soup.....

English humoUr I may add

Hi Winnie, You should try PP Home Health Care, I believe they have 2or3

Old peoples Home around Chiang Mai,

Their office is in Suan Non See Village,just as you enter and they have

a home in the same Moo Bahn, thats over the road from Raum Chok

Market,Nr Meechoke Plaza. tel 081-2896142

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Try asking Lanna care.

They know a lot of little known things.

I can not remember the name of the one Rancid was referring to I believe it was around 23,000 baht a month all in. Plus they had medical staff available. At a charge of course.

It is Western but defiantly not 5 star more like 2 star. It sits on a huge wooded area with hiking trails.,

At one time it was a Leper colony. I think they have an advertisement in the expat news letter.

Consider McKean Rehabilitan Center (formerly the hospital at the leper colony) or the more modern & upscale facility, Dok Kaew Gardens, that is just a few steps from McKean. I know people who have used both for both long-term and shorter-term care and are very happy with the quality of care, value for money, cleanliness of the facility, etc. There are many RNs and MDs on the staff, along with skilled people to do physical and occupational therapy. They accept outpaitents for therapy sessions.

http://www.mckeanhosp.com/670921/บริการดูแลผู้สูงอายุ-aged-care-service

It's not just for the elderly -- it's a great place for younger folks to recover after surgery if they need help in walking, bathing, geting meals, etc and want to live in an environment suitable for someone on crutches, etc. It's a beautiful facility with many great paved paths for walking or using a wheelchair on the island.

• Like 2

I've some experience in this, so let me ask you some questuions. What is you need. Care for someone who is simply old, infirmed, an Alzheimer's patient? Can you clarify?

Patient recovering from a stroke. Mental capacities not affected, aside from feeling tired and depressed. (We got some happy pills for that today (Prozac). Physical ability on the left side is affected, though patient does have some movement there and is doing physio to improve that.

I've some experience in this, so let me ask you some questuions. What is you need. Care for someone who is simply old, infirmed, an Alzheimer's patient? Can you clarify?

Patient recovering from a stroke. Mental capacities not affected, aside from feeling tired and depressed. (We got some happy pills for that today (Prozac). Physical ability on the left side is affected, though patient does have some movement there and is doing physio to improve that.

For short term care (less than 3 months) I would recommend:

http://www.thaimedtour.com/content/157/Chiang-Mai-Neurological-Hospital/

If you need a longer term solution Pm me.

• Like 1

Thanks! Probably short term to begin with, then we'll see what happens and how much care is needed long term.

BTW do you know if there are any retirement home options around the 10,000 baht/month mark? (Would not include treatments or medications or special care of course)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If the person needing care is a Thai national, then they could be elgilble for care at the Thammapakorn Elder Center in the SE corner of the old city. Their address is 1 Moon Muang. It's a large facility in a beautiful setting. I just wish they accepted foreigners as residents. Sorry I don't have an a phone number.

• Like 1