Shop Staff Swarming Over Me

britgent

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife does not like it at all.

She usually tells them "Doo Gone" in Thai = just looking.

But then she does not like it even if it is me standing waiting while she looks smile.png

Personally I never do browsing type shopping. If I need something I just go get

it & kind of know where to find it.

So when my wife is browsing I like to go play pied piper with the clerks

in another department. I wander in looking & soon a small train is on my heels.

I stop every so often & pick something up & exclaim to the clerk following...Ooooo Pang Maak Chai Mai?

They always laugh & say Mai Pang but I get a kick out of it when once in a while one will

smile & nod yes. I know they are also bored so do not mind them following & they almost never say anything

unless asked. Not like they are being pushy for sales at least not in my experience.

Have Fun

So the other shop hadn't got the tiles either and made you wait 2 weeks as well? Looks like you didn't accomplish much other than falling out with the first shop and a wasted journey and time spent going to second shop...rolleyes.gif

In some respects you might be right, but seeing as the discussion is about customer service, in the case of the first shop if they had been upfront about things, I most likely would have bought from them, but one suspects the shop assitant couldnt be ar*sed checking,and in some respects BS customers..ie poor customer service and as a result it cost them business on that day and in the future.

The second shop were upfront, delivered when they said they would and even followed up...ie good customer service, therefore they get the business in future from me..

• Like 1

I dont mind them standing there trying to help me . But when I pick out what I want thats it , dont try and steer me to another brand or model . They did that to me once at Home Pro I wanted a presure washer , picked out the one I wanted then they got some guy that speaks english to come tell me it was not the one I wanted . I wanted a bigger one so I could wash my concrete . I walked away and bought nothing .. The next time I went in I just took the box down and stood there . Some nice guy came up filled out the warenty and carried it out no problem I hope he got a nice commision out of it ....

I just tell them in Thai that I want to look by myself and they usually back off. Once in a while one will keep standing around and I say the same thing again, but a little more forcefully and they go away. It always works for me.

A lot of people (most) don't know how to say that in Thai UG, hence the frustration.

learnt that after my first visit to pole dancing bar, shame they don't back off in them places, next phrase I learnt " if want dink so much go to toilet open the tap and drink water".

My wife does not like it at all.

She usually tells them "Doo Gone" in Thai = just looking.

But then she does not like it even if it is me standing waiting while she looks smile.png

Personally I never do browsing type shopping. If I need something I just go get

it & kind of know where to find it.

So when my wife is browsing I like to go play pied piper with the clerks

in another department. I wander in looking & soon a small train is on my heels.

I stop every so often & pick something up & exclaim to the clerk following...Ooooo Pang Maak Chai Mai?

They always laugh & say Mai Pang but I get a kick out of it when once in a while one will

smile & nod yes. I know they are also bored so do not mind them following & they almost never say anything

unless asked. Not like they are being pushy for sales at least not in my experience.

Have Fun

would have had that one down as look arse tongue.png and to be fair in Home pro some nice gone to doo

I find headphones to be a wonderful solution. They chat away for a minute or so (I can't hear them) and then I smile at them and tap my headphones. What can they do?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agree with Draftvader, although I don't use headphones whilst out shopping, I often wear the earphones when in flight and on arrival and departure,, especially good when passing all the taxi venders on arrival after clearing customs,,,

I find headphones to be a wonderful solution. They chat away for a minute or so (I can't hear them) and then I smile at them and tap my headphones. What can they do?
  • Like 1