Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I think Rogers will be given until Sturridge's return and a few more games after but cannot see him installing the confidence back into the team then he will be replaced by a German :-)

Them Germans....

Ideally I would rather we did not have to change the manager but I thought again on Tuesday we were average . To listen to Rodgers inane comments you would think we won well . I am certainly not looking forward to todays game. Stoke will bully us off the ball . And there is no way we can wait until Sturridge is fit God only knows when that will be . As far as a new manager is concerned I also think Klopp fancies the challenge . A manager in the premiership is a great job no matter how badly you do , your contract is paid up .

Its not what you want to hear but when talking about a new manager next season, and players for that matter, you have to factor in that you won't be offering CL football in all reality. It will take a lot to prise Klopp from Dortmund regardless of that so i just can't see it.

Diego Simeone anyone?

Whether we want to hear or not it is true for a number of reasons we will struggle to bring in either a big name manager or player , as you rightly say very unlikely we will be in C/L next season & FSG`s wages structure altho the latter I agree with . Utd paying Falcao nearly 300k per week is disgusting . But back to todays game , the way we are playing & the type of game Stoke play with their big side they could well steamroller right thro` our very weak midfield . They will bombard our goalmouth & play on Mingolets weakness on high balls .

Great to admit how wrong I was , We played some good stuff in the 2nd half , special mention for Lucas ,I am not his biggest fan , but he probably had his best game for 2yrs he looked really fit , pity he did not put away the chance he had . One downside we must get a very quick striker in January , hopefully Jackson Martinez

I love old chics trying to turn things around, it will always be the Library and lacking atmosphere.

It doesn't even rhyme any more you silly boy. Time to move on and accept that your own prawn sandwich munchers make less noise than the dead in the plot next door.

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog

I love old chics trying to turn things around, it will always be the Library and lacking atmosphere.

It doesn't even rhyme any more you silly boy. Time to move on and accept that your own prawn sandwich munchers make less noise than the dead in the plot next door.

cheesy.gif

Tottenham cemetery is in White Hart Lane, not exactly the plot next door !!!

Edited by alfieconn

Remind me what your stadium is called, alfie.

You can understand my error if there is one, they're both full of creepy brain dead people.

cheesy.gif

The stadium is called White Hart Lane but it's not in White Hart Lane the road where the cemetery is situated, it's actually about 1/2 mile away from the ground so not exactly the plot next door.

cheesy.gif

Do you think we nick named it the Library because it rhymed with Highbury ? ah bless cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'll agree to disagree with you. And you can disagree to disagree with me if you want.

Bob is 100% correct...

Noun[edit]

pie-eater (plural pie-eaters)

1. (pejorative) a person from Wigan in northern England or the surrounding area 2005 — Wiganers do like pies, but the term Pie-eaters is actually an insult, dating back to a pit strike when Wigan miners were starved back to work before their St Helens counterparts, thereby eating humble pie. ------------------------------- I live halfway between Wigan & St Helens & know this to be fact.wink.png

Reckon you must live in Billinge then Kurt , nearly a pie-eater not quite eh .

I live under a rock!

• Like 2

Remind me what your stadium is called, alfie.

You can understand my error if there is one, they're both full of creepy brain dead people.

cheesy.gif

The stadium is called White Hart Lane but it's not in White Hart Lane the road where the cemetery is situated, it's actually about 1/2 mile away from the ground so not exactly the plot next door.

Tsssk you youngsters.

giggle.gif

I'm not a Liverpool fan (though my team, Crewe Alexandra) has (or had) a special relationship with LFC.

What amazes me is that a hard-headed Ulsterman like Rodgers ever came up with the notion of buying a known lunatic like Balotelli.

Given the number of top-flight managers who have offloaded this complete dingbat in clouded circumstances, what seizure must Rodgers have had to think that Balotelli was the answer to the "no-Suarez" problem?

The man's mere presence about the place has a bad effect if you're trying to build a cohesive squad mentality, and I can't see success returning to Anfield until they've managed to jettison this utter minus quantity, which may not be easy or quick.

Balotelli has become radioactive; no-one wants to touch him. Could he find a home at Elgin City, perhaps, or TPS Turku?

• Like 2

The man's mere presence about the place has a bad effect if you're trying to build a cohesive squad mentality,

I think the majority of what you said was about right except for the bit above. Apparently whilst at City he was one of the main ones who had a positive effect on the training ground and overall morale in the squad, He was a well liked lad.

The man's mere presence about the place has a bad effect if you're trying to build a cohesive squad mentality,

I think the majority of what you said was about right except for the bit above. Apparently whilst at City he was one of the main ones who had a positive effect on the training ground and overall morale in the squad, He was a well liked lad.

Difference being you were firing along at the top of the table...

I'm not a Liverpool fan (though my team, Crewe Alexandra) has (or had) a special relationship with LFC.

What amazes me is that a hard-headed Ulsterman like Rodgers ever came up with the notion of buying a known lunatic like Balotelli.

Given the number of top-flight managers who have offloaded this complete dingbat in clouded circumstances, what seizure must Rodgers have had to think that Balotelli was the answer to the "no-Suarez" problem?

The man's mere presence about the place has a bad effect if you're trying to build a cohesive squad mentality, and I can't see success returning to Anfield until they've managed to jettison this utter minus quantity, which may not be easy or quick.

Balotelli has become radioactive; no-one wants to touch him. Could he find a home at Elgin City, perhaps, or TPS Turku?

Exactly, why would he do that....because in all likely hood he didn't want him. You need to look beyond the manager.

Maybe BB but apparently he is supposed to be a really nice, funny lad and nothing like how he comes across on the telly

Maybe BB but apparently he is supposed to be a really nice, funny lad and nothing like how he comes across on the telly

But MrB its that difference between the locker room and the pitch that can make so much difference. Balotelli strikes me as a big kid who is probably nothing but good times off the pitch, but too much of a loose cannon and too wacky to be a consistent performer. Only my 2 cents.

I'm sure we'd take a different view if we hadn't gone from title challengers to mid-table <deleted> in 3 months with that on-the-park attitude leading the line

But MrB its that difference between the locker room and the pitch that can make so much difference. Balotelli strikes me as a big kid who is probably nothing but good times off the pitch, but too much of a loose cannon and too wacky to be a consistent performer. Only my 2 cents.

I'll never forget that final few minutes were Ballotelli was pivotal in us winning the prem when all was but lost. Maybe I'm a sentimental old young middle aged fart tongue.png

• Like 2

I'm sure we'd take a different view if we hadn't gone from title challengers to mid-table <deleted> in 3 months with that on-the-park attitude leading the line

Bit harsh to be putting all that on his shoulders BB. I think a few others need to look at theirselves in front of Mario. He;s in a new team and not even playing in his preferred position.

I'll never forget that final few minutes were Ballotelli was pivotal in us winning the prem when all was but lost. Maybe I'm a sentimental old young middle aged fart tongue.png

As much as he was pivotal It wasn't a pressure moment of genius, it was a lucky desperate lunge pass. it just so happens really..

Bit harsh to be putting all that on his shoulders BB. I think a few others need to look at theirselves in front of Mario. He;s in a new team and not even playing in his preferred position.

I'm not blaming him Boj, just making a point that when everything is rosy and things are going well I'm sure it's fine having Mario the jinxster in your squad but when things are going tits up it is different. Add to be fair the the way he carries himself up front in a team that needs to show some life, some ambition, some grit he looks like a soppy fanny . No doubt the whole team needs to look at themselves but that boy will never understand what it means to have the privilege to be a star footballer. You really are looking at it from a title winning year perspective

Still don`t reckon Rodgers wanted him , but he has certainly given him more chances than Lambert . At the end of the line we need a much better striker than either of these two . I have a gut feeling if we sign Martinez Sturridge will return from Lourdes fully healed .

^Aye what's his preferred position?

From what I have seen of Liverpool this season, when he plays Mario he seems to be playing him as a lone striker and IMO Mario ain't a lone striker. If sick note ever bothers to go back to work, it'll be interesting to see if he and Mario can pair up.

^Aye what's his preferred position?

From what I have seen of Liverpool this season, when he plays Mario he seems to be playing him as a lone striker and IMO Mario ain't a lone striker. If sick note ever bothers to go back to work, it'll be interesting to see if he and Mario can pair up.

He not a lone striker agreed but frankly he's mostly crap however you play him. Has the odd good game, scores the odd cracking goal that sticks in the memory but basically he's a self obsessed <deleted> with very limited talent who goes into a sulk if all the attentions focused elsewhere. I'll add to that he's a dirty cynical w*nker too when another player gets the better of him.

Not too keen on him then Carms biggrin.png

Lots of talk about Jurgen Klopp replacing Brendan Rodgers , but so far Borussia Dortmund p:13 l:8 pts 11

Liverpool p:13 l:6 pts 17.

Borussia are bottom of the Bundesliga , but unbeaten in C/L .

Who was it said ` football is a funny old game ` Old Jimmy god bless him .

Lots of talk about Jurgen Klopp replacing Brendan Rodgers , but so far Borussia Dortmund p:13 l:8 pts 11

Liverpool p:13 l:6 pts 17.

Borussia are bottom of the Bundesliga , but unbeaten in C/L .

Who was it said ` football is a funny old game ` Old Jimmy god bless him .

Piers "Plastic" Morgan is desperately squealing his usual twitter rubbish in this regard, and getting the piss taken as a result.