Yellow Book --- Tabian Ban

We registered our marriage at the Amphur in Khamcha-I as that was were we were married.

We will go talk with them when we arrive in August.

S.B.

If you plan to get one-year extensions of stay for the reason of living with your Thai wife you should get your yellow house registration book at the district office of the district where you live because you will have to apply for your extensions of stay at the immigration office responsible for the area where you live. Ideally, your wife should have her blue house registration for the same address as you, or vice versa if the two of you plan to live at her currently registered address.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UbonJoe is correct, head to your local office and ask the requirements.

Depending on where you will be living and what the Amphur requires, be ready to wait for it.

I know guys who have picked them up after a week and me who picked mine up last week with a wait of 6 months.

I hope you have an easier time than me.

biggrin.pngI had mine under 2 hours.

• Like 1

What is the true ? I read on a other forum the following:

"Farang with a yellow house book get free care in some state hospitals, other hospitals in the state not."

It means when you have to go to the hospital, always bring your yellow book ?

Hi Maestro

I believe the District office is in Khamcha-I which is right behind our house and the Immigration office responsible for this district is in Mukdahan City.

Since my wife is pretty well connected in the local Amphur we're not anticipating any problems but as we all know anything can happen in the LOS.

Thanks for the info

S.B.

AFAIK yellow book does not provide medical care but it might fool a local facility - but your cost there would likely be minimal without anyhow. Donations are welcomed from anyone able to make.

Being in city does not mean there is no local mooban chief - there are villages throughout the city.

• Like 1

AFAIK yellow book does not provide medical care but it might fool a local facility - but your cost there would likely be minimal without anyhow.  Donations are welcomed from anyone able to make.

Being in city does not mean there is no local mooban chief - there are villages throughout the city.

Understand that but would a letter from my direct neighbours with a copy of their id and house book surfice? As for one I have no idea who the moobaan cheif is - densly populated area

Sent from my GT-I9300

If you happen to find you have a district office like we have, you will not get one.

I have been here more than three years, have a Thai wife and a house. I have tried to jump through their hoops three times but they always found another hoop.

Finally they said NO. They say that they have too many farang whom they have issued a yellow book to, but they have left the country or moved away.

Good Luck...

Ask them to put the refusal in writing.

Your joking right?

What is accepted seems to vary but mooban chief is the one thing I have seen mentioned the most.

Thanks so iguess I find them and then its part of thier duty/job to go ask my neighbours that I do actualy live where I say I live? Or maybe being a farang they probably already know me this being thailand and they seem to know of us farangs withing a 20km radius lol

Sent from my GT-I9300

my post is sub topic related.

We,my family as a whole, are foreigners in Thailand so our marriage didn't need to be registered at the Amphur.

However our yellow book house registration had all the mentioned translated documents needed.

Is there anyone of our respected visitors or members whom had translated his Thai marriage registration document from Thai to English?

(sneak peak copy)

just curious,

Edited by hgma

We,my family as a whole, are foreigners in Thailand so our marriage didn't need to be registered at the Amphur.

However our yellow book house registration had all the mentioned translated documents needed.

Is there anyone of our respected visitors or members whom had translated his Thai marriage  registration document from Thai to English?

(sneak peak copy)

just curious,

The only case I had to translatr it to english was when I applied for my kids british passport. The whole process was pretty painless actually...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Is there anyone of our respected visitors or members whom had translated his Thai marriage registration document from Thai to English?

(sneak peak copy)

just curious,

Many of us have likely had our Thai marriage registration translated from Thai to our language for use in our home countries but you do not seem to fall in that category so not sure what you are asking - you would not need it translated into English for use in Thailand.

Well, some Embassies refuse certifying translations or photocopies flat out. They say, that as it was possible to enter Thailand on said passport the local-yocal down at Amphoe (or Dept. of Motor Vehicles etc.) have to follow suit.
Did that in my case, saved a lot of money and was never asked about certified copies/translations of passport - ever again!

what is a yellow book ?

A household book, registering all the people living at a certain address.

Every Thai is registered on one, but in their case the book is blue. Foreigners can be added on a similar book, that is yellow.

• Like 1

I was informed at the Amphur on koh samui that the cost of putting me in a yellow book was 10,000 baht by one of the women. ended up not needing the yellow book anyway, but has anyone else had to pay for a book ?

It is free or cost maybe something like 20 baht.

I was informed at the Amphur on koh samui that the cost of putting me in a yellow book was 10,000 baht by one of the women. ended up not needing the yellow book anyway, but has anyone else had to pay for a book ?

It is free or cost maybe something like 20 baht.

Did mine in Bangkok at Amphur office on Suhkumvit 55 and took couple of hours and cost 20 Baht.Did not need translation of marriage certificate,just copies of it andpassport/visa etc etc.wai2.gif

Officially, I believe therei no charge. I personally paid nothing for my yellow book, issued in North Thailand. Maybe your Amphur are looking to have a party.

Officially, I believe therei no charge. I personally paid nothing for my yellow book, issued in North Thailand. Maybe your Amphur are looking to have a party.

Out of intreast anyone tried at aumpur prak kret (changwattana road) thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300

First, a Yellow House Registration book does not allow free medical unless the local hospital makes an error and it does not provide for a Gold Card (30 baht medical card.) Some have posted that they received one and get free medical at their assigned hospital. The district office either issued them in error or the poster was issued this quit some time ago ad is "grandfathered."<br />Second, Yellow books do not cost anything, but some district offices charge for copies of documents. My Ket (in Bangkok) did not charge for the Yellow book.<br />Third, my Ket required two witnesses that I live where I stated I do. One was my wife and the other a family member. The Ket manual (I was given a copy of the pages regarding House Registrations by the Ket)stated what is needed and included two witnesses that have direct knowledge of the applicant's address.<br />

bet they would not invite me, despite being a benefactor !

There are many benefits, mainly registration of car and drivers license is easy as well as you can be listed in the local hospital as a resident and get treatment for free.

Documents vary from Amphor to Amphor.

I needed a translated copy of my passport endorsed by embassy an Ministry of foreign affairs

Poo yai baan to confirm I live here for some time

My wifes blue book and her id cards

This was all

the interview takes about one hour (it helps to speak some Thai) and the document took about three weeks to be ready for collection

Instead of the hassle of getting my passport translated then endorsed etc, I went to the local immigration and got them to write a letter of residence for the amphur.

I am Not married...but I bought a Condo apartment in Chiang mai...about 10 years ago...The lady at the Land office translated my name so on the Chanood (Certificate of ownership) of the apartment my name is in thai.....there were no certification from anybody...just the lady translated my name letter by letter.

With this and a letter of Certificate of address from the immigration (it was free at that time) I went to the local Amphur....and I got the yellow book after 3 months

owl7, on 25 May 2013 - 13:29, said:

I am Not married...but I bought a Condo apartment in Chiang mai...about 10 years ago...The lady at the Land office translated my name so on the Chanood (Certificate of ownership) of the apartment my name is in thai.....there were no certification from anybody...just the lady translated my name letter by letter.

With this and a letter of Certificate of address from the immigration (it was free at that time) I went to the local Amphur....and I got the yellow book after 3 months

My certificate of residence was free also, this year, although she did say they usually charge for it - how much is it?

A tip to save getting the translated passport - tell the guy at the amphur that your embassy only certifies things written in English.

owl7, on 25 May 2013 - 13:29, said:

My certificate of residence was free also, this year, although she did say they usually charge for it - how much is it?

A tip to save getting the translated passport - tell the guy at the amphur that your embassy only certifies things written in English.

Ok nice tip thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300

Requirements for a Yellow House book in N. Ratchasima:

Documents needed

1. Passport of foreigner plus translation in Thai stamped by MFA
2. Blue House book of wife
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Photo of foreigner with wife and children (snapshot size)
5. Passport photo of foreigner
People needed
1. Foreigner for interview
2. Translator (wife can do)
3. Elected village boss (poo yai baan)
4. Owner of house
5. Two government employee referees (policeman, teacher, government official, etc)
6. Two neighbours
Edited by Confuscious

Requirements for a Yellow House book in N. Ratchasima:

Documents needed

1. Passport of foreigner plus translation in Thai stamped by MFA
2. Blue House book of wife
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Photo of foreigner with wife and children (snapshot size)
5. Passport photo of foreigner
People needed
1. Foreigner for interview
2. Translator (wife can do)
3. Elected village boss (poo yai baan)
4. Owner of house
5. Two government employee referees (policeman, teacher, government official, etc)
6. Two neighbours

WOW thats alot of people maybe quicker to take them to the village lol