8 Injured In Road Crash As Taxi Van Jumps Red Traffic Light In Jomtien

Rimmer

8 Injured in road crash as Taxi Van jumps Red Traffic Light in Jomtien

crash-13.jpg
PATTAYA:--8 Passengers of a Taxi Van travelling from Rayong to Bangkok reportedly went through a red traffic light and side-swiped a pick-up resulting in injuries sustained to 8 passengers inside the Taxi in Jomtien.

Police and rescue services rushed to the scene of the crash on the Sukhumvit Road where it intersects with Soi Watboon on Sunday Morning, and assisted the passengers who sustained cuts and bruises. Luckily no serious injuries were reported but all those injured were taken to Banglamung Hospital as a precaution.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/88561/8-injured-road-crash-taxi-van-jumps-red-traffic-light-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-26

Good! I love to see these red light jumpers come to grief.........glad there were no serious injuries as the poor passengers are just innocent victims of the arrogance of these ignorant drivers.

• Like 1

I drive by this intersection all the time. These crazy mini van drives are mad. I see them running that red light all the time. On both sides of the road as they also use the right turn lane to jump the light.

• Like 1

Maybe that app that was developed for Brit tourists could be issued in Thai? The one that informs the tourists "just because there is a red light doesn't mean stop often".

As I have mentioned on previous van threads, many of the van operations are owned and/or controlled by people with a lot of influence, such as senior military or police figures, and are effectively above the law.

While the posters rant, I would ask who or which authority is to bring these operations to book? A sledgehammer would be needed to smash a nut. So nobody or no relevant authority does anything.

This is just one example of the kind of problems that are encountered when the rule of law is subjugated by "informal power".

Why don't they take this video to the Police Station and ask them why they don't enforce the law? Filming the BIB whilst you do it could cause a stir. I remember recently, a much respected farang who filmed an officer at Immigration who was asking for a bribe. That went viral.... Loss of face or what? Probably just "what"!

Of course none of the minivan passangers was wearing a seatbelt rolleyes.gif

The first time I was in one of those minibuses the passenger seat belts were conveniently stored by passing the headrest post through the hole in the seatbelt buckle (to use the seatbelt I would have needed to first remove the headrest).

The journey was so horrific that I disembarked less than half way through my intended journey.

It was my first experience of minibus travel in Thailand - and my last.

Edited by chickenslegs