Democrat Tankhun wins Don Mueang by-election: unofficial results

webfact

UPDATE:
Pheu Thai committee says Don Muang voters chose an individual over a party

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai strategic PR committee concluded on Monday that the party lost in the Don Muang by-election mainly because voters are attached to individual candidates rather than party's policies.

The strategic PR committee headed by Noppadol Pattama, a legal adviser to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, also concluded that spokesmen for ministries under Pheu Thai control failed to inform the public of the ministries' achievements.

On Sunday, the Pheu Thai candidate Yuranunt Pamornmontri was beaten by his Democrat rival Tankhun Jittitsara by about 2,000 votes.

The meeting concluded that most Don Muang voters did not take the party into account, considering the candidates individually and preferring Tankhun to Yuranunt.

UPDATE:

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai strategic PR committee concluded on Monday that the party lost in the Don Muang by-election mainly because voters are attached to individual candidates rather than party's policies.

The strategic PR committee headed by Noppadol Pattama, a legal adviser to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, also concluded that spokesmen for ministries under Pheu Thai control failed to inform the public of the ministries' achievements.

On Sunday, the Pheu Thai candidate Yuranunt Pamornmontri was beaten by his Democrat rival Tankhun Jittitsara by about 2,000 votes.

The meeting concluded that most Don Muang voters did not take the party into account, considering the candidates individually and preferring Tankhun to Yuranunt.

They have to say something to make the humiliation look less. Maybe it was because of the achievements of the government like the rice failure and others.

Actually, they informed the public of ALL of the ministries achievements. They didn't say anything.

UPDATE:

THE NATION

... and I just thought things couldn't get sillier.

The electorate voted for constituency MP candidates rather than see the bigger picture. Noppadol Pattama, a legal adviser to Thaksin Shinawatra tells us so. Next we should hear from Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong telling us that Pheu Thai policies are more important than the Thaksin individual rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

UPDATE:

THE NATION

... and I just thought things couldn't get sillier.

The electorate voted for constituency MP candidates rather than see the bigger picture. Noppadol Pattama, a legal adviser to Thaksin Shinawatra tells us so. Next we should hear from Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong telling us that Pheu Thai policies are more important than the Thaksin individual rolleyes.gif

Well you are rite it just can't get any sillier. Having said that again I am sure the PTP red shirt will prove me wrong again.

Here was a case of a traditional PTP stronghold seeing the big picture and fleeing for their very life's. Now if the Thaksin lawyers would stop and look at there hoped for conclusion and the over all big picture they would most certainly change their stated policies and change their procedures.

When red shirts start seeing through them it is time to regroup. The red shirts have. Now they just try to out shout anti government demonstrators rather than show them there way is a good way. Let's see how long that policy lasts.

UPDATE:
POLITICS

Don Muang voters chose an individual over a party : Pheu Thai

Praphan Jindalertudomdee
The Nation

While the former Pheu Thai MP for Don Muang Karun Hosakul gave his blessing to Yuranunt, the meeting concluded that voters who like Karun may not have had the same feelings for Yuranunt.

The committee believes that Pheu Thai's past success in Don Muang was because of Karun, who won the hearts of Don Muang residents when he ran for District Council seat as a Chart Thai candidate before contesting a Bangkok Council seat as a Thai Rak Thai candidate. He became a Pheu Thai MP after winning the 2007 election.

The committee also believes that residents favoured Tankhun over Yuranunt because Tankhun has been working closely with local residents since the 2011 flooding.

Another reason for the candidate's defeat might be that that Pheu Thai failed to clarify why Yuranunt resigned as a partylist MP to contest a constituency-based House seat. Moreover, Yuranunt had just 18 days to introduce himself to Don Muang voters.

Pheu Thai has recently been criticised over the rice-pledging scheme and the white-mask group has also emerged to attack the government. This, the committee said, might also affect decisions of Don Muang voters.

The strategic PR panel resolved to remind ministers in charge of ministries under control of the Pheu Thai to instruct their spokesmen to work harder in disseminating information about their work and to do away with doubts about alleged irregularities at their ministries.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-17

Actually, they informed the public of ALL of the ministries achievements. They didn't say anything.

They refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate them. Their accomplishments could be tallied up via, investigation by the AMLO, Transport Department for tax due on vehicles, missapproation of public funds, and probably another basket full of charges, if anyone was so inclined to really look.

About the only thing they have accomplished to show/tell the public/world is how incompentent they are, but there does not seem to a law against that.

They refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate them. Their accomplishments could be tallied up via, investigation by the AMLO, Transport Department for tax due on vehicles, missapproation of public funds, and probably another basket full of charges, if anyone was so inclined to really look.

About the only thing they have accomplished to show/tell the public/world is how incompentent they are, but there does not seem to a law against that.

Unfortunately, you are right. It seems incompetency is now rewarded in this country and, seemingly, many others.

So it would seem that PT have learnt nothing from this loss.

They do not recognize that their policies could have in any way influenced the DM voters and therefore will not be changing or modify any policies.

Considering that the swing was around 10% if you count the total number of registered voters and considerably more if you count only those who voted then they claim that swing was only based on personalities.

That the PT candidate was chosen on personality alone as he had zero political achievements then someone made a huge cock up in choosing him.

"The Pheu Thai strategic PR committee concluded on Monday that the party lost in the Don Muang by-election mainly because voters are attached to individual candidates rather than party's policies."

BTW with the Bangkok Governor election in March this year we had Dem's candidate MR Sukhumbhant 28,092 versus Pheu Thai Pol. General Pongsapat 40,073.

NOT THE MATICHON

PEUA THAI LEADERS REVEAL LEARNINGS FROM DON MUANG

The Pheu Thai strategic PR committee concluded on Monday that the party lost in the Don Muang by-election mainly because voters in total voting for their candidate were fewer than the candidate opposing Puea Thai.

"We have analysed the result, and conclude that we received fewer votes than the number of votes achieved by the person with the most votes," explained party hub and spokesman Sure-enough Waychantjava. "Had we received the most votes, we would have won, but we did not receive the most votes."

In Thailand, political contests such as the recently held Don Muang election rely on a winner being able to secure a higher number of votes than the other candidates.

"I believe were we able to achieve more votes, by approximately an additional 3,000 votes, that we would likely have won," lamented Prime Rib Ministere "Pooze" Yingnoksongdtua Legbone-temple. "As this would have been more than the candidate from the Democrats party, which would have perhaps enabled us to win, depending on what my cue cards say."

Party insiders have suggested that the strategy of trying to come 2nd in the race for the seat, may have been the result of a faulty assumption in Dubai, where it is commonplace in the middle east such as Iraq that being 2nd in a race implies virility and manliness, given the less developed state of democracy there. And also as a result of unexploded landmines.

"We do not understand why voters did not choose us more, and I challenge all voters to swear in front of the Temple of the Emerald Buddha that they voted for us or not" questioned Deputy Prime Rib Minstrone Chalard YoobonRolls. "I asked many voters and I believe that the fault of the result is clearly from extra judicial forces, who I will not call by name, but will refer to as Ai-Puad."

Media experts have questioned the need for a further election, should the same lack of clarity in rules and regulations surrounding the election remain. For Thailand's fragile democracy, it seems the result in Don Muang is further evidence why the DSI should continue to grill some former Prime Rib Ministers, while letting others age a little longer.

Edited by steveromagnino
  • Like 2

NOT THE MATICHON

The Pheu Thai strategic PR committee concluded on Monday that the party lost in the Don Muang by-election mainly because voters in total voting for their candidate were fewer than the candidate opposing Puea Thai.

"We have analysed the result, and conclude that we received fewer votes than the number of votes achieved by the person with the most votes," explained party hub and spokesman Sure-enough Waychantjava. "Had we received the most votes, we would have won, but we did not receive the most votes."

In Thailand, political contests such as the recently held Don Muang election rely on a winner being able to secure a higher number of votes than the other candidates.

"I believe were we able to achieve more votes, by approximately an additional 3,000 votes, that we would likely have won," lamented Prime Rib Ministere "Pooze" Yingnoksongdtua Legbone-temple. "As this would have been more than the candidate from the Democrats party, which would have perhaps enabled us to win, depending on what my cue cards say."

Party insiders have suggested that the strategy of trying to come 2nd in the race for the seat, may have been the result of a faulty assumption in Dubai, where it is commonplace in the middle east such as Iraq that being 2nd in a race implies virility and manliness, given the less developed state of democracy there. And also as a result of unexploded landmines.

"We do not understand why voters did not choose us more, and I challenge all voters to swear in front of the Temple of the Emerald Buddha that they voted for us or not" questioned Deputy Prime Rib Minstrone Chalard YoobonRolls. "I asked many voters and I believe that the fault of the result is clearly from extra judicial forces, who I will not call by name, but will refer to as Ai-Puad."

Media experts have questioned the need for a further election, should the same lack of clarity in rules and regulations surrounding the election remain. For Thailand's fragile democracy, it seems the result in Don Muang is further evidence why the DSI should continue to grill some former Prime Rib Ministers, while letting others age a little longer.

Very clever but most PTP cabinet members have rat somewhere in their names

NOT THE MATICHON

Very clever but most PTP cabinet members have rat somewhere in their names

And in their DNA

• 1 month later...

Tankhun officially endorsed as MP by EC

BANGKOK: -- (NNT) - Democrat MP Tankhun Jitt-itsaras victory in the June 16 by-election in Don Mueang district of Bangkok has been officially endorsed by the Election Commission (EC).

On Wednesday, after receiving his endorsement documents from the EC office, Mr Tankhun declared that he would assume his responsibilities with transparency and fairness.

He vowed to fulfill his election pledges, which include tackling traffic congestion and devising flood control measures for Don Mueang district. Once the new session of the House of Representatives begins in August, Mr Tankhun promised to propose plans to build a second Rajavithi Hospital in his area.

The Democrat MP also said he is not concerned over the ongoing investigation into his alleged election fraud, expressing his belief that it is politically motivated.

Mr Tankhun narrowly beat the Pheu Thai Partys candidate Yuranant Pamornmontri in the Don Mueang MP by-election last month.

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5C6sHNTwTn.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-18

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wonder if Yuranunt has the ability to get his previous job back (PTP Party List MP) that he had to give up to contest this election.

I don't believe so.

To my understanding under the electoral law when a party list MP resigns -which he had to do to run in DM - the next person on the party list who was not elected in the previous general election is then sworn in to the vacancy for parliament.

ie. If at the last election Party A won 12 party list seats and a member resigns during the term of the parliament then candidate 13 takes the vacancy. If candidate 13 cannot, then candidate 14 etc.

And now Yingluck-endorsed, former pheu thai party-list MP, failed pheu thai party constituency MP candidate Yurananan's woes continue.

Yesterday, the NACC found him guilty of concealing millions of baht in assets from asset declation statements he filed when he was a party-list MP.

The commission vote was unaminous in finding that Yuranan intentionally attempted to deceive the Thai public by omitting millions of baht in assets he has in several companies, including Thai Airways.

The findings are being forwarded to the Supreme Court for further adjudication.

The NACC recomemended that he at least be banned from politics for five years.

He joins Yingluck's niece as the second PTP MP to be found guilty of lying about their assets.

Edited by centrala

Anyone want to bet on how long it will be before we hear the inevitable complaints of irregularities, cheating etc?

We certainly would be hearing yelps of judicial coup today if Yuranan had won the election and was subsequently disqualified yesterday for hiding his millions.