Crocs escape flooded Si Sa Ket farm

webfact

Phuket News: Crocs escape flooded Si Sa Ket farm

croc.jpg
Image: screenshot

SI SA KET: -- More than 30 crocodiles were on the loose after escaping from a flooded farm in Prang Ku district on Sunday.

The crocodiles got out of the Ban Sanai farm in tambon Pimai late in the morning, Thai Rath reported. Provincial authorities quickly set up a unit to catch them, fearing they could pose a threat to the public.

The team had captured six of the escaped crocodiles by late Sunday afternoon and are trying to catch the rest of them as soon as possible.

Prang Ku is one of eight districts, including the municipality, hit by flooding caused by continuous rain and run-off from Phanom Dong Rak mountain.

Si Sa Ket Governor Pratheep Kiratiraekha said floodwater on Sunday had receded in five of the affected districts except in Muang where the water level continues to rise.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-23

This happens every year in some farm or other...and nobody seems to learn from it and prevent it the following year. :-(

Learn? There's nothing to learn, no? Like you said, it happens every year. It's an annual event. A fair. It'll be a national holiday soon. What's there to learn? :-)

This happens every year in some farm or other...and nobody seems to learn from it and prevent it the following year. :-(

Learn? There's nothing to learn, no? Like you said, it happens every year. It's an annual event. A fair. It'll be a national holiday soon. What's there to learn? :-)

In the UK and Ireland heavy frost comes at least once every year making the roads very dangerous to drive on yet there never seems to be enough salt ready to lay at the given time. Year after year complaints flood in asking why were the councils are not ready for this annual event?......so i guess it's not only Thailand....eh!

BOOM.. it was only a matter of time.. !

totster smile.png

• Like 1

I have a farm in Prang Khu and whilst there are floods to some extent most years, but I have seen nothing like this. Fast flowing water is up to 2 meters deep on my rice fields and roads are being washed away. A few Crocs are a minor fear - there are many snakes on any high ground which isn't inundated.

There is no need for any safety fences.

Just present to any croc you meet the PM's assurances of 'no worries about the floods'.

Or a proof of residence in BKK. This will be enough. biggrin.png

Si Sa Ket folks are in no danger. They are locals...

Edited by ABCer

I have a farm in Prang Khu and whilst there are floods to some extent most years, but I have seen nothing like this. Fast flowing water is up to 2 meters deep on my rice fields and roads are being washed away. A few Crocs are a minor fear - there are many snakes on any high ground which isn't inundated.

Do the snakes have ladders?

• Like 1

You can try to teach Thai's something and see how that work out.

Thai's always knows best and don't need advice from any falang!

Did Thailand need any help offered from Dutch dike engineers to stop Chao Phraya river from flooding?

I think not, they don't want to lose face by using foreign company's in this matter or any other matter clap2.gif

What would they want Dutch dike engineers for? They have boats with propellers on them.

I would be more concerned about the snakes. Any one ever hear what happened to the 18 Mambas that escaped in the last flood.

And the fences are where?

One of many answers, Washed Away By The Floods...............I had a 3 meter burm around my fish farm in The Mekong Delta, Vietnam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,700,000 fish swam away during the Mega floods in 2006........stupid fish, I fed them every day, now they had to go find their own food. Can't mess with Mother Nature, oe Man Made hazards that F with Mother Nature...........thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

In the UK and Ireland heavy frost comes at least once every year making the roads very dangerous to drive on yet there never seems to be enough salt ready to lay at the given time. Year after year complaints flood in asking why were the councils are not ready for this annual event?......so i guess it's not only Thailand....eh!

BOOM.. it was only a matter of time.. !

totster smile.png

Ive never seen some ice take your leg off yet?

• Like 1