Anti-govt Thai actress files charges over car acid attack

webfact

Anti-Govt Actress Files Charges Over Car Acid Attack
By Khaosod Online

actr.jpg
Ms. Pattarathida Patcharaweerapong

BANGKOK: -- The father of a famous actress has pressed charge to the police on her behalf, following an acid attack on her vehicle earlier this week, an attack she believed could be politically-motivated.

Ms. Pattarathida ′Tang Mo′ Patcharaweerapong made headlines recently by appearing on the stage of the anti-government protests rally at Ratchadamnoen Avenue, where she gave a fiery speech denouncing former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the brother of PM Yingluck Shinawatra.

The celebrity′s political venture quickly earned drawn much criticism from many Redshirts, and even led to Mr. Thaksin announcing via his lawyer he might press libel charges against Ms. Pattarathida, although the former leader later said he would not pursue any legal action.

actr2.jpg

Later, it emerged that her car was sprayed with chemicals which police identified as acid. The wife of a prominent Democrat leader first broke the news to the public by posting photos allegedly showing Ms. Pattarathida′s car in the aftermath of the acid attacks. The actress yesterday confirmed to the press that the incident did happen.

According to Ms. Pattarathida, she parked the car at her house at 18.00 on 19 November, and she spotted the acid marks on the vehicle when she went out to retrieve her items from her car at 23.00 later that night.

She said she has not dismissed the possibility that the attack was a retaliation to her political remarks, but stressed to reporters that she has not concluded what the motivation of the assailants could be.

"If you ask me whether I′m afraid, well, I wouldn′t know what to be afraid of," Ms. Pattarathida said, "Personally, I think the attackers just want to intimidate me".

Asked about what additional security measures she would take, the actress said she would install CCTVs around her house and has instructed security guards to patrol the area more frequently.

When a reporter asked her whether she would continue to give speeches at the rally on Ratchadamnoen Avenue, the actress explained she would only speak when she feels she has issues to address the crowds.

Pol.Col. Somchai Choeyklin, commander of Kok Kram Police Station, told our correspondent he has been informed by his officers that the chemical appeared to be acid as the actress has claimed.

Earlier today, Ms. Pattarathida′s father has officially filed charges over the incident; his action was required as the car was reportedly registered under his name.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5UQXlOamM0TWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-21

And just how would thaksin be able to sue for libel,when he is a fugitive ?

That was my question at the time as well.

How can a fugitive sue someone while outside the country he was convicted in?

Mai khao jai! smile.png

Edited by emanphoto

Desert Rat post # 2.

Probably in one of his multi faceted minds he still thinks he is here and can do as he wishes.

He must have learnt this tactic from the ''Bouncing Czech'' Robert Maxwell another delusional corrupt meglomaniac

• Like 1

Looking at the op it seems the fiends threw acid on her t shirt as well. Its falling off her bod.

Ps note to Mr suthep. If you have her ranting on stage in that outfit instead of your gurning mug you can count me in with the other pi nongs. Ive even got my own whistle.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

I do wonder what she looked like pre-ops.

I don't see an impediment to anyone suing for libel - they do so through their attorneys - I'm not sure if it is mandatory for the plaintiff to be in court, but I doubt it is

• Like 2

'...led to Mr. Thaksin announcing via his lawyer he might press libel charges against Ms. Pattarathida, although the former leader later said he would not pursue any legal action.'

Upon further examination, it was revealed to Mr. Thaksin that what he viewed as defamation of character was in reality a definition of his lack of characterwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif .

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 2

Not the first time Mr. T has taken / threatened legal action.

I don't know how Thailand's ' in absentia ' law works, or is made up as they go along, but wouldn't it be nice in a court insisted on personal appearnace otherwise no case

I really do think that TV celebrities and models should stay out of this type of limelight.

But then again, if movie stars can become presidents and governors, who are are we to argue.

Just because they are celebrities they shouldn't have an opinion or be restricted in this . . . many actors have used their fame to highlight politically unattractive situations

• Like 1

It has a lovely white sporty body, nice attractive curves, probably a real pleasure in the right hands.

lol - my thoughts exactly.

shame there's nothing like this available on the rental market...

Unfortunately you can only get a half view of the right hand headlight in both photographs

• Like 2

It has a lovely white sporty body, nice attractive curves, probably a real pleasure in the right hands.

lol - my thoughts exactly.

shame there's nothing like this available on the rental market...

Unfortunately you can only get a half view of the right hand headlight in both photographs

lol!!! Brilliant.

Bravo!

It says in the report that he's not going to sue her.

Yes he said "he might press charges" in the next breath he said he would not.

This is typical of this family their left arm doesn't know what the right is going to do next. To my mind they have too much time trying to wreck the country, than do something like work and useful.

You have enough money--Leave it out SHIN family. help your country prosper not yourselves.

I really do think that TV celebrities and models should stay out of this type of limelight.

But then again, if movie stars can become presidents and governors, who are are we to argue.

Just because they are celebrities they shouldn't have an opinion or be restricted in this . . . many actors have used their fame to highlight politically unattractive situations

I don't care what she looked like before the operations, as she's looking pretty god now.

And stating her feelings about your favourite criminal hardly rates as a 'politically unattractive situation.' Having a criminal running the country by proxy is much more of a 'politically unattractive situation'.