What do you think?

omlagus

I have just sent a complaint to the "NHRC" - National Human Rights Commission of Thailand, as their have been other complaints in the past!

I work in the same building as the NHRC.

They are laughing their asses of at something right now.

Coincidence?

• Like 2

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poorly educated thugs and control freaks rule in pretty much all Thai schools. They are more interested in this sort of thing than educating the children. The education system here is 50 years behind the rest of the world. How many education ministers have tried reforms and failed? That's why my children go to international school.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Happened to my wife as a child,she said if it gets to long they will do it to embarrass him.

He must have been warned several times,maybe next time you guys will listen,put it this way you will listen next time.

Not only that they can do it,can hit the children to.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well the OP wrote:"This is what my sons school director did to him..".

So the school director did it.

I've worked at schools (not anymore) and I've never seen a school director actually taking it up himself to give a student a hair cut.

Therefore, perhaps he did a poor job of it on purpose?

I know Thais can be complacent at times, but I think most Thai parents would complain about something like this to the teachers.

What is your wife going to do about it?

Poor kid now has to shave his head to make it look somewhat decent again.

Happened to my wife as a child,she said if it gets to long they will do it to embarrass him.

He must have been warned several times,maybe next time you guys will listen,put it this way you will listen next time.

Not only that they can do it,can hit the children to.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Corporal punishment is officially not allowed (anymore) in Thai schools.

Officially.

Missing some facts here!

The school director or a teacher did this? How and when ?

Is your son Thai or a Luk Khreung

Do you have a wife? What does she say?

Thais for some reason very fussy about these things. We had to take one child out of Kumon because the teacher was more concerned about her fingernails than helping her learn Thai!

Whatever looks like you have to move schools!

Good luck

I would heir someone to give same treatment to the teacher after report assault charge with police

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My old girl gave me a very similar haircut when I was 10 cos I didn't brush my hair, learnt real quick after that lol, grew back in 2 weeks, got the piss pulled out of me, but now have great character, the young fella will be ok.

But seriously if a teacher did that to my son I'd chill, go talk to them and ask why, but they would want to make sure they had all their ducks in a row.

Looking at the crutch job old mate did, the young fella could go to school with a buzz cut Mohawk lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing some facts here!

The school director or a teacher did this? How and when ?

Is your son Thai or a Luk Khreung

Do you have a wife? What does she say?

Thais for some reason very fussy about these things. We had to take one child out of Kumon because the teacher was more concerned about her fingernails than helping her learn Thai!

Whatever looks like you have to move schools!

Good luck

Thai's are not the most cleanest of Asians - fingernails??

Too long? Too short? You can't win.

Many years ago a good (Thai) friend of mine had a short, clipper cut and returned to school. The headmaster wasn't happy, excluded the friend from school, and sent a note to the parents. His father, a policeman who also had the same cut, came to the school and asked the headmaster what was wrong with his haircut. The headmaster had nothing to say and backed down.

The moral of the story: stand up to the bullies, they'll usually back down.

Under their "kind soft appearance" they have a sadistic dark side these Thai's - just see the coverage alone of the latest BKK protests.

Send your child to an international school - where they know how to EDUCATE and treat kids !! Thai schools - I even doubt their English capacity !!

Disgusting what they did to this child - report it to the police and DO NOT take the law into your own hands.

I know what I would want to do...

Still not sure why some teachers here think they ever have the right to put hands on other peoples children

I wonder if you could file a police report for assault?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Of course he can file a complaint for assault 'not sure how successful it would be though'

Just shows you how these teachers are nothing more than a bunch of sickos bah.gif

Give the guy a taste of his own medicine - whether or not it's technicially the right decision, you know it's the right one.

That's exactly what I would do, but not in Thailand as it could mean jailtime. Take other posters advice and go to the police and file an assault charge, but be prepared to part with some tea money.

This is not the West...stop trying to apply Western standards.

The police will do nothing...teachers are one run below doctors on the 'do not question authority' ladder.

We all had bad haircuts when we were young, and got razzed by our classmates...or show up for that first day of school after getting glasses. I doubt any of us were scarred for life...perhaps the most sensitive still lose sleep over it.

Shave his head to make it uniform. In a few weeks all will be well.

Then follow the school rules and avoid subsequent incidents.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

As David48 said ....take a chill pill.....

TIT....and all the "western, macho BS" doesn't go over well here in Thailand....

Yeah! I don't agree....happened to my wife's son (my son) when he was young....Hair wasn't regulation....so the school take matters into their hands...

Fact is...its nice to see some discipline being applied to the youth of today....There's just too much ...PC....get over it!

When our doughter was 15, the teacher forced her to colour het hair black...According to the teacher the hair wasn't "black" enough!

I went to the school and I suggested to write an article on this in the Bangkok Post...Suddenly there was no need anymore...

I have just sent a complaint to the "NHRC" - National Human Rights Commission of Thailand, as their have been other complaints in the past!

Mate, it's a haircut ... not Genocide.

National Human Rights Commission of Thailand ... facepalm.gif

You asked us what we think ... we've responded with good intentions,

trying to place a perspective on the events that you don't see.

What that School Director did to that kid was nothing less than assault, no one like him should ever be in charge of children.

• Like 2

Sue the school and the teacher; ask for a fantastic compensation and change the school for the boy. It's time these bugger teachers are brought down from cloud nine. Only mono logistically active, celebrated as semi-gods i.e. teacher's day and unable to enter a dialogue with them.
For that reason I had my three kids at international schools; albeit at a horrendous premium.

Sue the school and the teacher; ask for a fantastic compensation and change the school for the boy. It's time these bugger teachers are brought down from cloud nine. Only mono logistically active, celebrated as semi-gods i.e. teacher's day and unable to enter a dialogue with them.

For that reason I had my three kids at international schools; albeit at a horrendous premium.

Likely to change nothing. He did wrong and he knows it. He's likely to:

1. Phase one. He will simply refuse to talk to you

2. Phase two. He will accuse you of being a farang who doesn't understand Thai culture.

3. Phase three. He will ask if you are a member of the Thai government

4. Phase four. He will insult you by asking “Have you taken your medicine yet?”

5. Phase five. He will make remarks about your poor Thai language skills

6. Phase six. He will insult you by calling you buffalo.

7. Phase seven. He will put you on a list of parents who are no longer welcome to the school. All personal will be instructed to simply ignore you if you speak to them.