Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Norths road will come to an end this week, Cats good enough to make an other perlim as is Port.

Ms Wilson seeks controversy i hardly ever read her dribble and when i do i cant get past a few paragraphs

her take on the Essendon Drug saga made my roll my eyes.

And where is chooka? the man from CM has been quite as a mouse in a wheat silo.

Both games this week are evening up.

Geelong maybe without johnson,mcintosh,christensen and motlop.

Dockers without ballayatyne,barlow and the big one for me daniel pearce(anybody know why he got the red vest)

Will be waiting on final lists this week.

• Like 2

Norths road will come to an end this week, Cats good enough to make an other perlim as is Port.

Ms Wilson seeks controversy i hardly ever read her dribble and when i do i cant get past a few paragraphs

Dockers without ballayatyne,barlow and the big one for me daniel pearce(anybody know why he got the red vest)

Motlop out as well?

I think the Roos can beat Geelong.

Freo...It's injuries to key players could be enough for Port to win

In case you missed it will, Watts has said hes not going anywhere, even blind freddie can see the guy is a future big player there, much maligned because he was seen as the big white hope, Roo's has played him like he should be played at his age, roaming wing/midfield type dropping into the backline.

The Hawks started players like Langford on the wing in the 80s even dipper started life on a wing as did Roos, then went on to hold down key positions.

One day i will watch you eat your words on Watts.

Ps, since Roos knows so well Sydneys playing list dont be suprised if he does the double.

I'd like to see Watts...and Reid play well. Maybe though, they need a change of club and role to do so.

Pearce was crook by all accounts.
"Lyon also revealed that Danyle Pearce had been vomiting on the trip to Sydney on Friday.
Pearce was subbed out during the third term with just eight touches to his name.
"Something went through him in 24 hours," Lyon said.
"He put his hand up to play. He didn't have his best day but we'd expect him to have a better day this week."
  • Like 1

In case you missed it will, Watts has said hes not going anywhere, even blind freddie can see the guy is a future big player there, much maligned because he was seen as the big white hope, Roo's has played him like he should be played at his age, roaming wing/midfield type dropping into the backline.

The Hawks started players like Langford on the wing in the 80s even dipper started life on a wing as did Roos, then went on to hold down key positions.

Ps, since Roos knows so well Sydneys playing list dont be suprised if he does the double.

I'd like to see Watts...and Reid play well. Maybe though, they need a change of club and role to do so.

I'd like to see Watts play well as well, but I just can't see it.

Been in the system now for 5 years and has nearly played 100 games.

I look at a guy like Jeremy McGovern at the Eagles who has had an immediate impact.

Time will tell I guess but I won't be holding my breath.

Reid has the advantage of playing in a much superior side than Watts and also doesn't

carry the number 1 draft pick burden either.

• Like 1

I know it's easy to fall in love with the winners and out of love with the losers at this time of

the year, but I reckon both games are even.

Things have worked out for Sydney. I don't think either Geelong or North will trouble them.

IMO, Freo and Port are the best 2 sides left this weekend. I think Port are the most dangerous

as they can score quick, whereas Freo tend to strangle you.

Like our number one footy tipper farmerjo, I'll be waiting on the final teams.

• Like 1

Without McIntosh I think the Cats are a bigger chance, he, like Majak Daw are like total handicaps to their sides at least Majak has an excuse. McIntosh is just lazy. Stevie J being out injured is much better than him playing injured.

Motlop? Take him or leave him, he's a good option but the Cats should have the depth to get up this week.

If Port play the way they did on Sunday against Freo, they'll be making the trip to Melbourne instead of the Dockers. It'll be the 2nd time in as many weeks that I've wanted the Power to win openly :P

• Like 1

I look at a guy like Jeremy McGovern at the Eagles who has had an immediate impact.

Reid has the advantage of playing in a much superior side than Watts and also doesn't

Look i dont want to keep defending the poor guy but really in a crap team what do you expect? The guy has talent Carlton and a few others were very keen to get him end of last year, its hard to stand out when your getting walloped every week and you have 15 passengers around you

Quote...

Roos said Watts was a victim of the lofty expectations set for high draft picks.

"The thing with Jack is that it's surprising how much focus is on him," the Demons coach said on Tuesday morning.

"We've seen it with Nic Naitanui this year, and Bryce Gibbs and Matty Kreuzer have had that same scrutiny"

Big guys take a little longer to mature, he wont ever be a Frankin hes not that type, i do see him eventually as a key position player, for me i like to see him at center half back, quick reads the play well fair mark and good on the ground, basically a midfielder but the size of a short ruckman.

Anyway dudes one man dont make a team nor can he turn it around, but do expect a break out year very soon, 100 games and only 22 with several new experienced players around him....hmmmm sounds like next year.

• Like 1

Look i dont want to keep defending the poor guy but really in a crap team what do you expect? The guy has talent Carlton and a few others were very keen to get him end of last year, its hard to stand out when your getting walloped every week and you have 15 passengers around you

Quote...

Roos said Watts was a victim of the lofty expectations set for high draft picks.

"The thing with Jack is that it's surprising how much focus is on him," the Demons coach said on Tuesday morning.

"We've seen it with Nic Naitanui this year, and Bryce Gibbs and Matty Kreuzer have had that same scrutiny"

Big guys take a little longer to mature, he wont ever be a Frankin hes not that type, i do see him eventually as a key position player, for me i like to see him at center half back, quick reads the play well fair mark and good on the ground, basically a midfielder but the size of a short ruckman.

Anyway dudes one man dont make a team nor can he turn it around, but do expect a break out year very soon, 100 games and only 22 with several new experienced players around him....hmmmm sounds like next year.

Reid is Similar. 72 games, 22 years of age

Nat Fyfe crowned AFL’s most valuable player after brilliant season with Fremantle

BRILLIANT Fremantle midfielder Nathan Fyfe has been crowned the AFL’s most valuable player in recognition of his stunning season by his peers.

The 22-year-old, who is ineligible for the Brownlow Medal, became the youngest winner of the Leigh Matthews Trophy since Saint Nick Riewoldt a decade ago.Fyfe, who has played just 90 games, polled 945 votes, ahead of Gold Coast Suns’ champion Gary Ablett (787) and Sydney Swans superstar Lance Franklin (428) in third.

Essendon young gun Dyson Heppell (274) and Sydney ball magnet Josh Kennedy (234) rounded out the top-five.

Western Bulldogs sensation Marcus Bontempelli was a runaway winner of the best first-year player award, turning the tables on Lewis Taylor’s Rising Star victory.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nat-fyfe-crowned-afls-most-valuable-player-after-brilliant-season-with-fremantle-dockers/story-fni5f22o-1227052869608

• Like 2

Nat Fyfe crowned AFL’s most valuable player after brilliant season with Fremantle

BRILLIANT Fremantle midfielder Nathan Fyfe has been crowned the AFL’s most valuable player in recognition of his stunning season by his peers.

The 22-year-old, who is ineligible for the Brownlow Medal, became the youngest winner of the Leigh Matthews Trophy since Saint Nick Riewoldt a decade ago.Fyfe, who has played just 90 games, polled 945 votes, ahead of Gold Coast Suns’ champion Gary Ablett (787) and Sydney Swans superstar Lance Franklin (428) in third.

Essendon young gun Dyson Heppell (274) and Sydney ball magnet Josh Kennedy (234) rounded out the top-five.

Western Bulldogs sensation Marcus Bontempelli was a runaway winner of the best first-year player award, turning the tables on Lewis Taylor’s Rising Star victory.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nat-fyfe-crowned-afls-most-valuable-player-after-brilliant-season-with-fremantle-dockers/story-fni5f22o-1227052869608

Amazing that Gary Ablett who can miss half a season through injury canters home in second place, miles ahead of Buddy in 3rd...

• Like 1

Hard to believe that there's no NRL action at ANZ Stadium between last Saturday and next Friday... But heyho there you go...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-10/preliminary-final-confirmed-for-anz-stadium

Hopefully they can get the playing surface looking respectable, it didn't look too bad last Saturday but still a long way off where it should be...

• Like 1

St Kilda supporters, here are ten ways to know you’re a diehard Saints fan.

BARRACKING for St Kilda has never been easy — and this year has been tougher than most.

That’s when you know who the true supporters are.

You know you’re a St Kilda fan when ...

1. You knew exactly what it meant when Jason Blake kicked that goal in the final round of 2013.

2. You know that if the AFL allowed extra-time in Grand Finals instead of taking the extra money from a replay the Saints would have had their second flag in 2010.

3. You hate Ross Lyon for leaving the club with an unbalanced list and untested youth, but in your heart you know that if we’d won one of those three Grand Finals he would be a legend.

4. You know that Moorabbin will always be St Kilda’s spiritual home.

5. You will never understand why so many people have a crack at Nick Riewoldt when he is the hardest-working player in the AFL.

6. You knew that Steven Baker was a scapegoat for the tribunal system. Nine weeks? Seriously! #stillbitter

7. You are eternally grateful to the team of 1966.

8. You knew that Max Hudghton deserved to play in the 2009 Grand Final ahead of Zac Dawson, and you were more than happy to see Dawson follow Ross Lyon to Freo.

9. You resent Geelong’s continued success while we pick up the wooden spoon during our rebuild.

10. You know that greatness isn’t just measured in premierships and that the 2009-10 era was a magnificent time for our club with a team that gave it all they had.

• Like 2

St Kilda supporters, here are ten ways to know you’re a diehard Saints fan.

BARRACKING for St Kilda has never been easy — and this year has been tougher than most.

That’s when you know who the true supporters are.

You know you’re a St Kilda fan when ...

1. You knew exactly what it meant when Jason Blake kicked that goal in the final round of 2013.

2. You know that if the AFL allowed extra-time in Grand Finals instead of taking the extra money from a replay the Saints would have had their second flag in 2010.

3. You hate Ross Lyon for leaving the club with an unbalanced list and untested youth, but in your heart you know that if we’d won one of those three Grand Finals he would be a legend.

4. You know that Moorabbin will always be St Kilda’s spiritual home.

5. You will never understand why so many people have a crack at Nick Riewoldt when he is the hardest-working player in the AFL.

6. You knew that Steven Baker was a scapegoat for the tribunal system. Nine weeks? Seriously! #stillbitter

7. You are eternally grateful to the team of 1966.

8. You knew that Max Hudghton deserved to play in the 2009 Grand Final ahead of Zac Dawson, and you were more than happy to see Dawson follow Ross Lyon to Freo.

9. You resent Geelong’s continued success while we pick up the wooden spoon during our rebuild.

10. You know that greatness isn’t just measured in premierships and that the 2009-10 era was a magnificent time for our club with a team that gave it all they had.

Well that proves it beyond a doubt.....i dont barrack for St Kilda.

And still picking on Ross the boss Lyon he was smarter than a lot of people there i think.

And mr chooka...number 10 is a cope out, we have about 15 players to trade to your saints if there so happy to accept mediocrity.

Some highlights of the 2005 Geelong V Sydney semi final.

How did Sydney managed to steal this game...tongue.png

then we have the 2005 Grand Final...

It was good to see the Swans/Geelong game and that it was played at the SCG

And the crowd come right into the game..Now they have done the new stand and fixed things up the capacity is higher too

• Like 2

Not forgetting the 2006 GF eithertongue.png

We wuz robbed!

An exciting game, but I didn't feel too bad after it. Only a few days of depression.

We won the year before which made it easier.

Yep, I've heard Roosy and Woosha talk about it saying 2 would've been great,

but perhaps a bit unfair.

They had some great games in those years. The teams didn't have any dickheads that

I can remember. Just good hard footy.

• Like 1

As a Sydney supporter I'm feeling pretty confident right about now..

Jesus Christ Geelong! You lot are pathetic!

tipped the roos by 10, 6 not to bad

I was surprised. 8 of us tipped Nth Melbourne. I thought Geelong were favourites. Well done Chooka you have the best margin.

• Like 1