Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

This is one of the things that bothers me about North.

League, fans reject North's bid to ban opponents' club songs:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-18/roos-cant-stop-the-music

They should just concentrate on winning games of footy. This was

just puerile IMO.

And their coach Scott keeps talking about "gaining respect". You only

earn respect by playing hard footy every week, not talking about it.

• Like 1

The Age starts new "secret" columnist.

Welcome to the secret world of AFL football
Couple of interesting opening comments.
Anonymity is vital, so I can’t tell you who I am, but trust me when I say everything in this column is absolutely rolled gold, 24- carat true.

Don’t tackle Gary Ablett. At all. Corralling him is the only option.

I'd love to see some type of veteran status where players in the longevity n skill class of goodes could extend their careers by a few years.

Maybe something like max ten games a year they could play with a massive discount off the salary cap.

One or two players max per team.

Be easier on their bodies and good for the fans and give teams ongoing experienced players.

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess they already have the concessional 50% for veterans on the salary cap.

I think clubs put the older guys out to pasture a bit too quick and I think with the

reductions in rotations, it won't get any better.

Like it or lump it, the game is all about speed these days.

I would've loved to see Daniel Kerr go around again. When you have to travel

to interstate or play some of the lesser sides, could've rested him. As an impact

player, he would've been a lot greater value than some 18 year old kids who

can just run.

• Like 1

This is one of the things that bothers me about North.

League, fans reject North's bid to ban opponents' club songs:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-18/roos-cant-stop-the-music

They should just concentrate on winning games of footy. This was

just puerile IMO.

And their coach Scott keeps talking about "gaining respect". You only

earn respect by playing hard footy every week, not talking about it.

It's hard to gain respect, read nigh impossible to do so, when your President is a phouc-ing muppet! Eddie McEverywhere 2.0...

Well done to the cats. That gives me 3 from 5.

Geelong are the only team in the AFL to have their own traditional home ground. A football ground that is not shred by other clubs and paid for by the AFL. You don't see games any more at Morrabin, Princess Park,etc only at Geelong

• Like 1

go cats, you bloody beauty, didnt realize it was thursday(have a habit of losing days) till I looked at the news(abc) and saw the result.. No idea who I picked to win all the games but definitely had Geelong, actually think I picked the saints as well so they better win chooka, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Geelong are the only team in the AFL to have their own traditional home ground. A football ground that is not shred by other clubs and paid for by the AFL. You don't see games any more at Morrabin, Princess Park,etc only at Geelong

Well hold on there khun chooka.. The AFL did kick in a couple of million for the redevelopment of Kardinia if I'm not mistaken..

Well hold on there khun chooka.. The AFL did kick in a couple of million for the redevelopment of Kardinia if I'm not mistaken..

Yes they did but what team are they going to move out of Melbourne to share the ground with? Personally I think it should be Melbourne because they have been crapp for 15 yrs. Ok that it a troll post and sarcasim AlexRRR.biggrin.png

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Mrs Hird has a stir of the pot.

“David admitted that he said to James go into ASADA and tell the whole truth but don’t say what Andrew Demetriou told us,’’ she said, referring to the claim that the outgoing AFL chief executive had “tipped off” Essendon about the Australian Crime Commission’s report into corruption in sport.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/21/james-hird-fall-guy-afl-wife-essendon-scandal

Mrs Hird has a stir of the pot.

“David admitted that he said to James go into ASADA and tell the whole truth but don’t say what Andrew Demetriou told us,’’ she said, referring to the claim that the outgoing AFL chief executive had “tipped off” Essendon about the Australian Crime Commission’s report into corruption in sport.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/21/james-hird-fall-guy-afl-wife-essendon-scandal

She should keep a lid on it. Essendon want to put all this to bed and if she keeps stirring the pot she could be the demise of James.

Yes they did but what team are they going to move out of Melbourne to share the ground with? Personally I think it should be Melbourne because they have been crapp for 15 yrs. Ok that it a troll post and sarcasim AlexRRR.biggrin.png

being a Geelong lad I know they were trying to get Footscray to play some of their home games there a few years ago but nothing came of it, they are only 45 minutes up the road and with the 3 lanes both ways its an easy drive.

• Like 1

Essendon gave Nth Melbourne a lesson tonight. New recruit Chapman showed his ability. Watson had a great game as well. New coach was very happy. Nth Melbourne have some work to do

Bloody north! They cost me tipping points last year also

• Like 2

being a Geelong lad I know they were trying to get Footscray to play some of their home games there a few years ago but nothing came of it, they are only 45 minutes up the road and with the 3 lanes both ways its an easy drive.

I think the problem is that doggie supporters are on the east side and they don't really want to travel to far. People said Waverley Park was to far to travel to, actually growing up in the Latrine (Latrobe) Valley city of Moe I quite liked Waverley as it was 45 minutes away. People don't like to travel these days and with such full coverage on T.V and the ticket prices I think people are turning away from the live experience. You can buy a foxtel package for a year and your 120cm large screen and save more money than taking the family to live footy for a year.

I love live footy and will be attending a couple of games this year as you can't beat that roar and live passion. AFL is expensive these day and is going more for television coverage. A true supporter hasn't had the opportunity of finals for over 20 yrs as large corporate organisations have take over the sport.

I love live footy and will be attending a couple of games this year as you can't beat that roar and live passion. AFL is expensive these day and is going more for television coverage. A true supporter hasn't had the opportunity of finals for over 20 yrs as large corporate organisations have take over the sport.

I'll be taking the GF TO her first live game when we are back next month. For her it is more a Facebook moment than anything else.

• Like 1

Essendon gave Nth Melbourne a lesson tonight. New recruit Chapman showed his ability. Watson had a great game as well. New coach was very happy. Nth Melbourne have some work to do

Bloody north! They cost me tipping points last year also

Yep

I too got caught up in the media hype surrounding North.

I noticed that all of the Channel 7 media guys tipped them also.

To quote The Who "I won't Get Fooled Again".

Having said that, they're just as likely to beat Hawthorn or Sydney

later on this year.

I know it's only round 1 but I think they're a long way from top 4.

• Like 1

200B on the Dees chooka...........money in the bank.

not one word on the Dees in the original small paper all week.......yes all week.....

200B that's a kiddies betbiggrin.png

Mr Chiang Mai Chooker, the dreadful Dees have not won at Ehiad since 2006 and not beaten the Saints since 2007 at 34 points in im not confident of beating you let alone The Saints beating us under that margin.

Sure you got injuries but so do we...only thing im confident is that Mr Roos will have instilled some confidence in that rabble.

And if we win i wont rub it in....rolleyes.gif

200B on the Dees chooka...........money in the bank.

not one word on the Dees in the original small paper all week.......yes all week.....

200B that's a kiddies betbiggrin.png

Mr Chiang Mai Chooker, the dreadful Dees have not won at Ehiad since 2006 and not beaten the Saints since 2007 at 34 points in im not confident of beating you let alone The Saints beating us under that margin.

Sure you got injuries but so do we...only thing im confident is that Mr Roos will have instilled some confidence in that rabble.

And if we win i wont rub it in....rolleyes.gif

You of little faith. The Demons are odds on favourites, when was the last time they went into a game as favourites? I still have to stand by my saints tho, can't abandon them in only round one and tipped them.