Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

This one is for you Khun Chooka

Spotted here on the Gold Coast

10341721_10152201152347639_7513210929557

Nice one, will take it easy on you this week in the dreamteam.

Jeez mate...I just checked the Dreamteam points...Am I beating you head to head this week? laugh.png

I haven't made a change to the team in 7 weeks you know...

• Like 1

Did anyone tip the Swans by over 100 points? Swans by 110

When Enright and Lonergan were ruled out, I increased

my margin from 19 points to 29.

What are some of the other margins?

Will you had the biggest margin. There were 2 who selected Geelong.

yes, I was one of them and I take full responsibility for putting the mozz on them, I actually became a member of the Geelong football club yesterday as well, bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but then I have supported then since the early 60's(without a membership) so what can I expect.

• Like 2

Did anyone tip the Swans by over 100 points? Swans by 110

When Enright and Lonergan were ruled out, I increased

my margin from 19 points to 29.

What are some of the other margins?

Will you had the biggest margin. There were 2 who selected Geelong.

yes, I was one of them and I take full responsibility for putting the mozz on them, I actually became a member of the Geelong football club yesterday as well, bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but then I have supported then since the early 60's(without a membership) so what can I expect.

Feel free to continue your support should we meet in the finals tongue.png

• Like 1

This one is for you Khun Chooka

Spotted here on the Gold Coast

10341721_10152201152347639_7513210929557

Nice one, will take it easy on you this week in the dreamteam.

Jeez mate...I just checked the Dreamteam points...Am I beating you head to head this week? laugh.png

I haven't made a change to the team in 7 weeks you know...

I thought you and Chooka would have written more about your match this week.

Rip, I had issues doing my dreamtime when i was in Thailand recently...So i didn't do anything for a couple of weeks over there. I got home and found myself busy with a thousand things and I put the dreamteam on the backburner and hadn't looked at it for over a month. I didn't even know about this head to head stuff!

Too late for the head to head with Chooka but I see I can still catch up to chooka on the overall board, with a few tweaks, so that should be motivation enough for me laugh.png.

Still haven't decided about Richmond V Essendon or GC v Adelaide either....

• Like 1

Rip, I had issues doing my dreamtime when i was in Thailand recently...So i didn't do anything for a couple of weeks over there. I got home and found myself busy with a thousand things and I put the dreamteam on the backburner and hadn't looked at it for over a month. I didn't even know about this head to head stuff!

Too late for the head to head with Chooka but I see I can still catch up to chooka on the overall board, with a few tweaks, so that should be motivation enough for me laugh.png.

Still haven't decided about Richmond V Essendon or GC v Adelaide either....

Yep, they're the ones I haven't decided on yet.

I'm thinking Ade and Essendon but that could change depending on

any late changes to the sides or even on a whim.

I'm starting to feel the pressure BookManw00t.gif

• Like 1

Your lead could be wiped away with just a couple of 'playing it safe' tips KhunWill. Don't be shy about taking a punt

I don't think WCE v North is any lay down win either. Sure, the Eagles are at home, but where are their injuries at? North has the goods on paper, and maybe if they leave Daw out they'll be playing with a full team.

Your lead could be wiped away with just a couple of 'playing it safe' tips KhunWill. Don't be shy about taking a punt

I don't think WCE v North is any lay down win either. Sure, the Eagles are at home, but where are their injuries at? North has the goods on paper, and maybe if they leave Daw out they'll be playing with a full team.

BookMan, you're getting inside my head now. I should be concentrating on the games but now I keep

thinking about the guys who are right up my clacker.

I wouldn't put the ranch on WCE either. A question mark over Shuey as well. If it was in Melbourne I'd be

picking North, but at home I think (hope) we can get the chocolates.

Essendon have 3 big ins and I think if they play at their best they should be Richmond.

Having said that, "If" is a big word. Like my mate always says "If my auntie had balls she's be my uncle".

I just haven't seen enough of GC to have an informed opinion of them. Ade might be a bit like WCE, very

hard to beat at home.

See what I mean BookMan, I'm second guessing myself nowfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

just changed my tip, going for the saints

w00t.gif

well just blew that one out my rear endbiggrin.png

When i heard of the late withdrawals for Collingwood i reconsidered my tip...but only for the time it took me to say St Kilda tongue.png

• Like 2

just changed my tip, going for the saints

w00t.gif

well just blew that one out my rear endbiggrin.png

When i heard of the late withdrawals for Collingwood i reconsidered my tip...but only for the time it took me to say St Kilda tongue.png

well that will give you one up on me bookman. Gave you that one.

well that will give you one up on me bookman. Gave you that one.

You got excited when u heard about those withdrawals and maintained the faith in your Saints.

i'm guessing you'll be tipping Gold Coast against Adealide?

• Like 1

Presidents label Sydney’s cost-of-living allowance an unfair advantage

WESTERN Bulldogs president Peter Gordon has launched a blistering attack on Sydney’s abuse of the cost-of-living allowance, accusing the Swans of bending the AFL’s rules.

The Swans’ “Bondi Billionaires” demolished Geelong on Thursday night, with Gordon one of a number of Melbourne club officials believing Sydney has an unfair advantage this year.

He said the Swans had abused the cost-of-living allowance, set to be watered down at the AFL’s equalisation meeting on Wednesday.

The Dogs president urged the AFL to have a long memory if the Lance Franklin deal eventually wrecked Sydney’s salary cap.

“I think we all recognise the cost-of-living allowance was completely unfair and with respect to (former president) Richard Colless it is almost farcical to see the way Sydney has used it over the last little while,’’ he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/presidents-label-sydneys-costofliving-allowance-an-unfair-advantage/story-fni5fan7-1226937741976

Sidebottom is looking at 3 to 4 weeks for reckless high contact. Weller cleaned up at the opening bounce and never returned to the field and looks sidelined for 4 weeks. If Sidebottom gets off this then it's a joke.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-05-30/sidebottom-reported-at-opening-bounce

I think Sidebum will get 3 which will be reduced down to 2 due to a good record.

ST Kilda on a Friday night.......please.

Friday night footy, the big stage as they put it has to be for big games.

Sorry chooka.

• Like 1

WESTERN Bulldogs president Peter Gordon has launched a blistering attack on Sydney’s abuse of the cost-of-living allowance, accusing the Swans of bending the AFL’s rules.

The Swans’ “Bondi Billionaires” demolished Geelong on Thursday night, with Gordon one of a number of Melbourne club officials believing Sydney has an unfair advantage this year.

He said the Swans had abused the cost-of-living allowance, set to be watered down at the AFL’s equalisation meeting on Wednesday.

The Dogs president urged the AFL to have a long memory if the Lance Franklin deal eventually wrecked Sydney’s salary cap.

“I think we all recognise the cost-of-living allowance was completely unfair and with respect to (former president) Richard Colless it is almost farcical to see the way Sydney has used it over the last little while,’’ he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/presidents-label-sydneys-costofliving-allowance-an-unfair-advantage/story-fni5fan7-1226937741976

Can any of you Sydney boys have a word to Horse and tell him to "lift the foot of the pedal"?

Anymore big wins like that and the hysteria is only going to get bigger.

After round 1 when Syd got beaten by GWS, Buddy had a car prang and was deemed to

be a distraction to the club, I didn't hear much about the COLA then.

Funny (not really) that Malthouse chips in about it as well. I guess Carlton had equalization in

mind when they rorted the salary cap. Anyone in WA and SA remember in the seventies and eighties

when there was no cap and Cartlon just pillaged the states and kept buying premierships?

Yep, that's your club Mick.

Plain fact is that if it wasn't for handouts by the AFL, the WB would've been made insolvent and

they would be gorn.

Equalization? The bigger and wealthier clubs have been subsidizing the smaller Melbourne clubs for years.

Perhaps if some of these clubs started winning, they might start getting more members and revenue.

Port Adelaide were a basket case a few years ago and look at them now.

There are just too many clubs to sustain in Melbourne.

Assuming the WCE won't make it, I'd love to see the top 4 like this:

Port

Syd

Freo &

GC

Imagine the reaction in Melbournebiggrin.png

Anyway, nuff said. I'm off to watch the footytongue.png

• Like 2

Can any of you Sydney boys have a word to Horse and tell him to "lift the foot of the pedal"?

After round 1 when Syd got beaten by GWS, Buddy had a car prang and was deemed to

Funny (not really) that Malthouse chips in about it as well. I guess Carlton had equalization in

mind when they rorted the salary cap. Anyone in WA and SA remember in the seventies and eighties

when there was no cap and Cartlon just pillaged the states and kept buying premierships?

Plain fact is that if it wasn't for handouts by the AFL, the WB would've been made insolvent and

they would be gorn.

Equalization? The bigger and wealthier clubs have been subsidizing the smaller Melbourne clubs for years.

Perhaps if some of these clubs started winning, they might start getting more members and revenue.

Port

Syd

Freo &

GC

St Kilda should have moved to the Gold Coast

Western Bulldogs...off to Tassie with you. They might need a COLA of 20% to get players to live there though tongue.png

they would be gorn.

Port

Syd

Freo &

GC

Yes Mr Gordon would do well to have a schooner of S.T.F.U! His club's probably had more handouts than his entire membership base put together and if it wasn't for those handouts, they'd probably be known as the Darwin Dogs or Hobart Dogs or Canberra Dogs. As for Carlton? Chris Judd anyone? Not too many people bring that up anymore...

Even with the scaling back of the CoLA in 2017, the bitching from the likes of Malthouse and co will continue until Buddy retires or seeks a trade to GWS tongue.png

I don't know if equalization is the way forward; imagine what it would be like under equal footing? Christ, it be like something right out of North Korea.

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

they would be gorn.

Port

Syd

Freo &

GC

St Kilda should have moved to the Gold Coast

Western Bulldogs...off to Tassie with you. They might need a COLA of 20% to get players to live there though tongue.png

North should've also gone to the Gold Coast in 2007 when they were offered 100 million dollars by the AFL.

Like Mal Brown said when people were rallying to try and save Fitzroy "football clubs

aren't saved by holding chook raffles in the local pub anymore".

Melbourne for an upset win against Port today?

Playing in Alice Springs....

Didn't realize it was played there.

Not out of the question methinks.

Have a crack BookMansmile.png

Oh BookMan, I thought you picked Portsad.png

Was not a bad game to be honest. Port had more polish

at the end when it counted though.

You wouldn't be unhappy if you were a Melbourne supporter though.

• Like 1