Good tv series

beechbum

On 9/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, bert bloggs said:

Funny i just downloaded the 3 parts ,if its as good as Long Way Up i will be well pleased as will the wife

episode 4 is better than the 1st 3

See how 2 guys on electric motorcycles, (and one running gasoline,  plus a whole bunch of other's in 2 electric SUV's, 1 flat bed truck with a huge Generator plus a regular van

and untold amount of fixers, assistants, hanger oners plus plus)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good lord bird>>> about john Brown  ++

Grayson Perry's Big American Road Trip;  3 part series focuses more on American people and the politics. 

Edited by zzzzz

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread, just what I've been looking for...many thx to Beachbum.

It's going to take a long time to read it all (I haven't got past the 1st 2 pages yet) so apologies if these have already been suggested: 'The Fall', a seriously good crime drama imo as a bit different from the rest. only 3 seasons, well worth watching.  'Hell on Wheels' & 'Deadwood', older western series (good writing & acting imo).

Cheers, Ray.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching PATRIA. A Spanish 8 part series on a famous book about the agonies suffered by families supporting ETA and its victims. Very well written, the actors are out of this world.

Has English subs. Trust me, even fluent in Spanish, I found it hard to understand Northern Spain Castillan.

I enjoyed the return of Spitting Image although it was never going to be as cutting as the original series due to the WOKE, PC, Snowflake, can't upset people world we live in these days.  Puppets were great- from Boris' spinning hair to Trump's novel way of tweeting. Thai friends are amazed (and amused)  at how the Windors can be portrayed. 

Netflix's Mosul is supposed to be good. Part way through The Hunters with Al Pacino. First episode was a bit iffy but its hitting its stride. 

• Like 1

Downloaded a series called law and order UK ,really enjoying it ,showing how the law and ,the CPS work ,its fiction with a different story every time ,

liked it so much  i saw that there was an American version of it so downloaded a season of that one as well ,i just managed 10 minutes then deleted it ,wow what a load of 

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, ivor bigun said:

Downloaded a series called law and order UK ,really enjoying it ,showing how the law and ,the CPS work ,its fiction with a different story every time ,

liked it so much  i saw that there was an American version of it so downloaded a season of that one as well ,i just managed 10 minutes then deleted it ,wow what a load of 

different strokes for different ...

i couldn't get thru the uk version but enjoy the american one. 20 seasons so must have entertained more than just me  ????
the spin off, "law& order svu" is also good , season 22 just started...

I'm american and guess ur british 

Edited by zzzzz

32 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

different strokes for different ...

i couldn't get thru the uk version but enjoy the american one. 20 seasons so must have entertained more than just me  ????
the spin off, "law& order svu" is also good , season 22 just started...

I'm american and guess ur british 

you guessed right ,mind you some American series are really really good as well just when they remake a Brit series it never seems to work . mind you whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

you guessed right ,mind you some American series are really really good as well just when they remake a Brit series it never seems to work . mind you whatever floats your boat.

I like both US and UK versions, (I am a Brit)

I find the SVU ones should now be renamed Law and Order The Benson Show and its gone down a lot but dont let that put you off.

I found the UK was inferior and if you have watched the US versions the UK one has used the same stories just adapted for local laws etc.

Edited by swbaggies