Starting a new care home / retirment home in Hua Hin

doctorburt

Although the idea has potential, I personally wouldn't invest anything in Thailand that you're not prepared to lose. It's an old adage but it's true. As one poster said, perhaps start small and see how it goes. You'd need to be prepared for plenty grief and frustration along the way. The bureaucracy and red tape alone could be a minefield. I wouldn't be staking large amounts in a country that can't keep an elected government for 5 minutes, but I wish you and your mum all the best if you go for it. Good luck.

Great idea if it were run for Farang as that is the culture. Retirement/nursing homes. However to ensure success

all nurses should be female, under 30 and topless. (At least the night shift) As for Thais not part of the culture so no chance.

i'm just about ready to live behind at secure fence away from the wia-rus for ever. someone else doing all meal catering me just facing up at the eating time. no more markets, supermarkets, street stalls, noodle shops, traffic, etc.

just the wifi to keep me happy.

how soon can you get it done?

i'm just about ready to live behind at secure fence away from the wia-rus for ever. someone else doing all meal catering me just facing up at the eating time. no more markets, supermarkets, street stalls, noodle shops, traffic, etc.

just the wifi to keep me happy.

how soon can you get it done?

That's almost what I do now! The full time maid does almost all of the shopping and a lot of the cooking. Wifey loves to cook, so she does a bit. Not a bad way to go.

A Swiss guy near to me has a care home next door to his house on a small estate, he advertises in Switzerland for retires and some disabled! I heard he charges 50000 a month, he has 5 or six people living there, do not know if the business is registered . Not much more I can say on here.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I just stumbled on this topic now, so apologies I am 4 months late! I too have had the idea for a while, but not really a 'serious' care house for clinically ill patients, more a managed-retirement complex where there is 24 hour nursing care available (an Ana-mai onsite) and an attending doctor(s) during the day. Other facilities would include minibus transport, easy access for wheelchairs, special medical insurance (given the onsite care), guest villas for visiting relatives, discount for bond holders (e.g. put $100k in a bond and get 20% off care price). If the place was big enough, you could provide care very cheaply in Thailand, and many operations here are much cheaper than in Europe/US. As some have said, it would be advantageous for many european governments to offload their state-funded operations and care to Thailand/ASEAN, therefore it could be packaged for things like Hip replacements, knee arthroplasty, etc.

I wonder how many retirees use Kickstarter or Indiegogo??