Suthep kicks off Bangkok shutdown mass protest

webfact

Suthep kicks off Bangkok shutdown mass protest

Bd1K4opCUAIrufo-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban kicked off Bangkok Shutdown street protests today from the Democracy Monument to Pathumwan intersection to begin what he called is the “People’s Revolution” to overthrow the Yingluck government and uproot the Thaksin regime from the country.

He was followed by over ten thousand of protesters in the long march from the monument to Pathumwan, one of the seven key intersections already blockaded by the protesters to begin Shutdown Bangkok protest.

The Transport Ministry said the seven locations blockaded by protesters will affect over half a million people, and students who have to use these key intersections on their daily routine travels to work or to schools.

All gold-shops in China Town closed business today as well as nearby gun shops which were earlier advised by the police to stop business.

Suthep said during his walk that today is the People’s Revolution day that the people would uproot the Thasim regime from the country forever.

He was greeted and welcomed by residents along the streets to Pathumwan, where almost all shopping centers in the area, including Mah Boonkrong are closed for safety reason.

The Pathumwan intersection is the location where students and lecturers from Chulalongkorn University and protesters have seized last night to set up their stage

From Pathumwan, protest leader will stop to give speech and then proceed to Rajaprasong intersection which also was blocked.

Suthep said last night that there was no negotiation with the caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

He said she now has one choice, to step down and leave the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-kicks-bangkok-shutdown-mass-protest/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-13

• Like 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Mr Suthep will denounce the call by one of his leaders to sieze air traffic control.

If I heard Channel News Asia correctly the suggestion was Air traffic Control on Wednesday and it's in true Thai style to get publicity by announcing plans in advance, straight out of the Tarit handbook ' How to Organise a Criminal Investigation ".

As has been said in this forum Suthep may be about to learn a lesson that crowds take on their own momentum and he doesn't have the control he thinks he has.

Promises not to disrupt the airports and other locations were dangerous anyway and if disobeyed just makes him look even more ridiculous.

"Suthep said during his walk that today is the People’s Revolution day that the people would uproot the Thasim regime from the country forever."

Absolutely. How could i doubt the great liar. It will all be over today. V day, take # 12.

I'm sure the plan to reform democracy is the gospel truth as well.

• Like 2

Perchance those ardent supporters of Thaksin and his ideals might find this an interesting view. The clip encapsulates succinctly why the Thai people want to see the Thaksin clan and their P.T.P. puppet gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXa5O7VyUes

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

smutcakes post # 18.

Yeah truly enlightening, I am sure 100% true as well. So much work and research must have gone into making that, I am sure it could be put forward for a Golden Globe it is just so full of interesting fact- a truly brilliant piece of work and simply unrepeatable.

Indeed you seem to find the facts uncomfortable .The truth hurts doesn't it?

I have seen some cunning stunts here over my 22 + years living here and Thaksin is the expert at formulating both deceit and self serving projects.

• Like 1

smutcakes post # 18.

Yeah truly enlightening, I am sure 100% true as well. So much work and research must have gone into making that, I am sure it could be put forward for a Golden Globe it is just so full of interesting fact- a truly brilliant piece of work and simply unrepeatable.

I have seen some cunning stunts here over my 22 + years living here and Thaksin is the expert at formulating both deceit and self serving projects.

I can't imagine where he picked up those new skills after all his failed business ventures....wait a minute....did it not all start to improve when he entered politics.....

Was his crime learning too quickly?

smutcakes post # 18.

I can't imagine where he picked up those new skills after all his failed business ventures....wait a minute....did it not all start to improve when he entered politics.....

Was his crime learning too quickly?

It would have nothing to do with a mobile phone monopoly, would it? Who could imagine such a thing.

• Like 1

Perchance those ardent supporters of Thaksin and his ideals might find this an interesting view. The clip encapsulates succinctly why the Thai people want to see the Thaksin clan and their P.T.P. puppet gone.

Certainly more interesting than the Suthep Stroll through Bangkok today

The 'protest' has been exceptionally well handled, allowed to take place with minimum interference by the current administration, how refreshing, especially when one recalls the the abysmal and inept performance of Abhisit and Suthep when facing simiar situations

Similar situations? I believe it's time for your doses youtube 2010 again.

Oh btw, here is a "similar situation".... This was the general tone of the 2010 protests

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

Just called a Thai friend, a retired general, whose house is right on one of the roads used by the "protesters". He said that he went out to talk to them and found that many of the people he saw had been bused in from southern Thailand. They had been given 2,000 baht a piece for their "protesting" efforts. We are planning to get a group of us friends together and go protest tomorrow. What a great party we could have for 2,000 baht each.

Come, come, you know better than this, only PTP is rich in Thailand, only PTP pays! Better go back and tell them the money must have come from PTP to support Suthep!

Certainly more interesting than the Suthep Stroll through Bangkok today

The 'protest' has been exceptionally well handled, allowed to take place with minimum interference by the current administration, how refreshing, especially when one recalls the the abysmal and inept performance of Abhisit and Suthep when facing simiar situations

Similar situations? I believe it's time for your doses youtube 2010 again.

(you are trolling right?)

The protest march today has been handled exceptionally well

Credit to the RTA, RTP, and the goverment for their considered approach to this protest.

ChrisY1, on 13 Jan 2014 - 12:10, said:
geriatrickid, on 13 Jan 2014 - 11:42, said:

Oh my, an estimated 10,000 people joined him.

So much for the millions then. tongue.png

If Suthep doesn't have at least 1 million or even a few hundred thousand and can only muster 50,000 in total, he's not going to look too good as he said millions were coming.

Only 10,000.....and still the authorities won't try and stop this nonsense.........

I still say that regardless of the crowds, whether large or not, Suthep keeps moving forward.....I'm amazed that there hasn't been a concerted effort to bring the protests to an end.....obviously violence is not wanted....but it's hard to believe that it's the main reason not to try and stop things.

It's called......your right to protest and express your political views......I assure you it's legal in all Democracies all over the world.

• Like 1