Unfair Pricing

Misplaced

There is a serious problem here if Eastern Asians are getting into national parks under the radar as Thais. I understand granting a lot of them citizenship for business reasons, but for those that are tourists, they need to pay the piper.

:o

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a serious problem here if Eastern Asians are getting into national parks under the radar as Thais. I understand granting a lot of them citizenship for business reasons, but for those that are tourists, they need to pay the piper.

:D

Top reply. :o

Tell me please, why have you got the St Kitts flag below the Thai one on your A? :D

Regarding the whole uni comparison, to equate to the Parks... if the unis didn't check national origin and charged according to the student's color, then that would be racist...

but I would guess that somewhere in the mountain of paperwork required for uni registration, that aspect of nationality would be covered. They charge ALL non-residents the higher rate. It's a nationalist policy, not a racist one.

As stated.... way back a dozen pages or so... to avoid the racist charge, check ID's of ALL park entrants... if Thai National, one rate... ALL others, another rate. Charge of racism drops.

I bet you do realize that different races do have a lot of difference in mentality. So for the thais they simply don't take it as such a serious issue. So they are doing it as they are out of convenience. Not racism.

And for those who think the dual-pricings in Unis and the national parks are different, WHY?

Still no one can explain. Why does my wife holding a thai passport have to pay over 3000baht for a tourist visa to get in the UK? Was it not judged by her race? Don't talk about other things, answer my 2 questions first! If you can or if you are willing to be reasonable to discuss here.

EXACTLY. They charge the hire fee to the Chinese, Africans, Eskimos, and all white (excluding people with Thai ID card). They are oppotunists...not racist

That's part of the problem, they don't often charge the higher fee to Asians, as I've seen countless times when entering with Taiwanese, Filipinos, even witnessing Japanese getting charged the Thai National rate as long as they didn't say anything and handed over their 20 baht.

For meemiathai:

The difference between the Parks and uni WAS described in the very post above that you quoted.

Give it another read.

If we could all agree that once Thailand implements a truly non-racist policy of checking everyone's ID and charging accordingly... that then reality of the racist policy would end... we could put this thread to rest.

Wish that was true. I'm 1/2 asian and I generally get charged the higher fee. To be honest, all the fees are minimal and its to upkeep the parks.

Admittedly, I haven't seen this occur with 1/2 Asians as they look different enough to the gatekeepers I imagine... but it would seem to occur in the majority of situations of when I've entered with others that were full Asians... and then finding out later, which countries they were from.

Sadly.... hardly any of the money goes into the upkeep of the Parks... The Koh Samet road example from a few dozen posts ago is a case in point.

Certainly, the money involved is minimal and it's never stopped me from entering any of the many Parks I've gone to... but it doesn't make it any more palatible to witness the racist policy time and time again.

Forgot this - :o:D

how about this as a thread killer.

The thai govt is subsidizing the national park to its the citizens thru dual pricing, where visitors to the country pay the higher price.

So the governement is paying the extra 180 baht every time a Thai walks into a park? YEAH RIGHT!! :D:D

Haven't you people had enough of this thread?

Obviously its an important issue and we all can agree on that I hope. I doubt if anyone will persuade the other to understand their side of the issue.

----SO-----

LETS ALL AGREE THAT WE DISAGREE! and close out this thread

Forgot this - :o:D

how about this as a thread killer.

The thai govt is subsidizing the national park to its the citizens thru dual pricing, where visitors to the country pay the higher price.

So the governement is paying the extra 180 baht every time a Thai walks into a park? YEAH RIGHT!! :D:D

It simply is none of your business if the thais themselves aren't complaining.

That's part of the problem, they don't often charge the higher fee to Asians, as I've seen countless times when entering with Taiwanese, Filipinos, even witnessing Japanese getting charged the Thai National rate as long as they didn't say anything and handed over their 20 baht.
Poor boy. I see a lot of jealousy here.

No, it was judged by the UK government on how much they have to pay to keep the embassy running and to pay embassy officers' wages to implement the visas, which would be inline with every other British Embassy in every other country issuing the citizens of that country visas to enter the uk... and nothing to do with race in the way you're suggesting. They're not saying, ah, sorry you're Thai, that's in fact going to cost you 20X more than an American, so 60,000 baht.

I don't give a shit what the reasons are. All I know is if you people are saying that everyone regardless of race should recieve same treatment, my thai wife should be able to fly in anytime she likes without a ridiculous fee(3000baht for a bloody piece of paper!!! Screw them!) and all those bloody interogations!!! Sick and tired of farangs preaching racism. :D:o

Why continue with this rhetoric? Have you not spent time here and know the way of the system that the farang is looked upon as a walking ATM and needs to be fleeced at every juncture?
When I was in London and Turin, I felt like a walking ATM. Not here in Thailand.

jealousy...where? :o:D

No, it was judged by the UK government on how much they have to pay to keep the embassy running and to pay embassy officers' wages to implement the visas, which would be inline with every other British Embassy in every other country issuing the citizens of that country visas to enter the uk... and nothing to do with race in the way you're suggesting. They're not saying, ah, sorry you're Thai, that's in fact going to cost you 20X more than an American, so 60,000 baht.

I don't give a shit what the reasons are. All I know is if you people are saying that everyone regardless of race should recieve same treatment, my thai wife should be able to fly in anytime she likes without a ridiculous fee(3000baht for a bloody piece of paper!!! Screw them!) and all those bloody interogations!!! Sick and tired of farangs preaching racism. :D:o

Why continue with this rhetoric? Have you not spent time here and know the way of the system that the farang is looked upon as a walking ATM and needs to be fleeced at every juncture?
When I was in London and Turin, I felt like a walking ATM. Not here in Thailand.

The fees are for all. Ah, what's the ######ing use. You asked for someone to answer your ridiculously obvious questions, you got the answers, politely, and then you retort with this diatribe... arguing for the sake of it. You're a complete waste of time.

You need some new eyeglasses then as you don't see very well.

Being excluded from inclusion in a racist policy is rather a positive thing, not something to be jealous of.

While you're getting your new eyeglasses, also ask your optometrist for help in trying to see the bigger picture.

Well you started it... what do you expect? :D

My hope was to direct people to stay away from a cheesy hotel such as the Ambassador with no intention of starting a thread with accusation of Racism. I guess that'll teach me not to post anything like this again :o

I think people are just venting there frustrations out.

Everyone knows its not a racist policy, people are just calling that because they just want to let off some steam on the keyboard.