NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

Suthep said yesterday that the PDRC would not obstruct the advance voting. The opposite happens from blockading the entrance to the polling site to padlocking gates. Obviously, people wanted to vote and in 66 of the 77 provinces, the process went smoothly. When you keep shoving sh*t in peoples' faces, violence as this will occur sooner or later and if the thuggish tactics don't cease, more will be sacrificed in the name of undefined reform. And it wasn't the best of strategies to go to Samut Prakan to peddle the PDRC's anarchy. You reap what you sow.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time the good old boys came out and got em off the streets.

That is a vile thing to post.

How about this?

This topic has properly cheered me up today...I can't get the grin off my face! biggrin.png

It takes a particularly effed up mind to say something like that.

Yeah I saw that as well. Nauseating.

• Like 1

Whats the point?

People supporting Suthep will say "look at these red thugs!!!"

People supporting PTP will say "thats what happens when you block people from exercising their right to vote"

All have their greivance and their arguments. But no one should die because of this. I hope the people who committed this act are caught and prosecuted.

The sad fact is that everyone knew this was coming. Everyone knew this wasnt going to be peacefully resolved as we edged closer to the election. Intransigence and playing political games with peoples lives brought this about. But people keep upping the rhetoric. Now we have the man in charge of the police response threatening extra judicial killings to the man who implicitly threatened the family of the prime minister. Its like a playground, but all the kids have weapons. And of course, now the protestors cant disperse of because they have to show to the world the lengths their opposition will go to stop them from protesting. Whilst their opposition cant leave because they have to show to the world they wont be intimidated by a mob preventing them from exercising their democratic right. The only sane thing left is to hope that as few people die as possible and that the army stays locked up in its barracks while order is returned and the polling stations are opened (and protected). All points from all sides have been made exactly as they wanted. Selective and self serving evidence and photos and incidents will mean the media war can be played out by both sides. And that means only more of the same alas.

I'd like to see the same scenario happening in the United States. Protesters blocking the Capitol, storming the White House, threatening to arrest Obama and his Cabinet, cutting electricity and water to the DC Police and the US Army, preventing people from participating in the election, etc.

How would the US government have dealt with this? I don't think there would be a protester left standing at this point.

I think the current Thai government has been very fair with the protesters.

Absolutely agree that you wouldn't be able to block roads, invade government offices, etc. in the USA.

Politics stinks in this country. The police force stinks. The level of corruption stinks.

The country is rapidly going down the toilet and all sides are to blame ... as are the population at large.

What could one possibly expect when polls have shown 68% feel there is nothing wrong with corruption as long as you can get something out of it.

Sad, Sad, Sad,

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Suthep don't want to get leadership.....he want democracy

I think you missed the whole point of Suthep's demands. He DOES NOT want democracy. He is not looking for a re-election. He want's to stop elections for good and have a "council" rule Thailand. That is called dictatorship.

• Like 2

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

I suggest that you go back a step. If Thaksin had not done all the things he has done, and did not refuse to stop pursuing his personal agenda,then there would be no anti-government demonstrations.

NO! i suggest that you go back a step and take stock of who the people were that opposed Thaksin. Yes, you will now see that all those people were the "Rich Ruling Class". They had their 'snouts kicked out of the trough' He stopped their gravy train, one being the drug trade, and they did not like it at all, hence some of those trumped up charges whilst the military coup was in power to get rid of him. OK ., for him to come back would mean a prison sentence, right or wrong, so would you come back, i would'nt that's for sure. Fact is, the majority of the Thai population would welcome him back any time. Its the Hi so class including the RTA who fear his return, and will do anything to keep him out.

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

No, it's a blue shirt guy on his way to vote. Peaceful protesters object.

Is there a news story that goes with this picture?

Nation Multimedia Group twitter feed, feel free to have a look.

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

Brilliant, so everything was hunky dory until Suthep appeared. The country was thriving-NO corruption was. The PM on TV said she would fight it. NO she did nothing. Near bankrupt the country, even running foul of the law. The people were neglected, and infrastructure suffered. The police were not brought into line and given a free hand.

Blame Suthep up to you but if your honest things were lousy here well before he appeared. Be in denial -your conscience .

Obviously you do not know, but Suthep was the deputy PM in the Dem govt under Abisit although i often wondered just who was the boss as every time i saw a pic of them, Abisit was all "pie faced" whilst Suthep was busily whispering into his ear telling him what to say ! During that time Suthep was just about the most corrupt man in Thailand. He gave land set aside on Phuket for poor farmers, to rich Thai family friends, he would have been taken to court over that, but he resigned to avoid charges, then his family took government land on Samui and added it to their properties on the island. He was also involved in the Palm Oil Affair, another of his corrupt dealings as his family are large Palm Oil owners in Surat. He likes to say that he is a simple village headman, but he is in fact a multi millionaire.. And this is the man who was very high up in a party who never won an election in 20 years, the very man who says that he will stop corruption in Thailand, firstly by taking away the right of the poorer people to have a vote and appointing a committee, probably not containing him, but you can rest assured that he would be the "Top Man" telling them what they could or could not do.

Yes, things were very lousy before Yingluck won an overwhelming victory...............Be in Denial and pray for your "Dear Leader"

It's quite obvious you do not read a post properly and respond properly.

I said from Yingluck taking office. AND before Suthep got in on the act.---------you ignored that.

All I got in response was a history of a man wanting to get rid of the Thaksin regime. Do you think other posters are that stupid that they are not aware of Sutheps history. ?

To cap it all you have to throw Abhisit in for good measure-pathetic argument.

We have here whoever is leading the uprising a serious situation, this problem has not much to do with Suthep or his history.

It is to do with the FAMILY dictatorial control freaks. 3 years and the country is ruined. pennyless. Overwhelming victory I know different and then management sick. run from your man abroad the road runner.

My dear leader __you said, Regarding Suthep NO WAY. just want a load of Cuprinol to get rid of the worms.

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

They ALL lie but it's probably true that the reds do more than most. If they can't lie and don't kill they know they have lost...

How about this for a vile post.

We leave Suthep to run the Country. We let him go around beating people up at will.

Policy is changed day to day to suit him and the 400 good men are shot dead the minute their good ideas differ from his.

Line in the sand today indeed. The pushed too hard and got what many thought they would have got months ago.

IF the Army were not helping out by proteciing them from arrest, none of this would have happend. It is a free country and there is a Governement. If a mob want to overthrow legit Gov. they should be aware they will not be popular.

I saw the video and there were not many of them. What happend was they grew more arrogant as the protest went on. They know uncle traitor Suthep would not let the Courts prosecute so they were emboldened.

Then. They found there are people in Bangkok angry enough at them to kill them. Isn't the first murder in Bangkok and we see them for much less things than insurection.

Then needed stopping... and in Bang na... they were stopped.

Wow! We're now fortune tellers who can see possible futures! Let me do a you!

We let this government be and eventually they'll let Thaksin back and he'll become PM one day. Policy is changed day to day and the 4000 good men are shot dead the minute their good ideas differ from his. He can say it's a continuation of his drug war. What another few thousand to the 3000 already dead?

If the Army weren't the way they were. This country would have been fully under control of the Shinawatras. Thank God they never could fully control the army or else the Shinawatras would show you what democracy means to them. Marcos, Mugabe and Sukarno come to mind.

People of Bangkok aren't angry at them. You wishing it doesn't make it true. Whatever happened today didn't stop anything. It just made things worse. Next week, the protestors have an excuse to come out armed because they can say they need to defend themselves. When there's more blood on the streets, you can thank the Shinawatras and their loyal attack dog Chalerm.

There is a huge difference between 2 men fighting for 2 very different things. In the Ukraine, Klitschko is among the protesters, even at the very front of the fights with police. He is fighting for Democracy, calling for elections. Suthep on the other hand is currently in a safe house according to the latest media reports, hoping his supporters will make a power grab for him and is not afraid of causing a civil war in order to prevent elections. Two men, one a hero, one a coward.

So in the Ukraine it is right to fight an democratic elected government.

In Thailand it is wrong to fight an not so democratic elected government.

How is it not so democratic, they won the election, in fact have won all for the last 20 years.

Preventing people voting is of course very democratic.

I don't condone the violence, but this was started by Suthep, nobody else.

Pathetic knowledge of events

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A crowd of Red-Shirts, the street-army of the PTP, have just assassinated one of their political-opponents, in broad daylight on the streets of Bangkok, just a week before their caretaker-government is due to hold an election.

Anyone who thinks a free-and-fair election will now be possible, as soon as next Sunday, needs to think again.

Fortunately caretaker-PM Yingluck is due to meet the EC on Tuesday, at this point the only topic can be, how long to delay the election by, if it is held at all.

Certainly the Red-Shirts have now given the military all the excuse needed, if they want to hold a coup, and Thaksin must be spitting saliva as he Skypes his dismay, from afar.

And, of course, you have absolute, unimpeachable proof that it was the "street-army of the PT" who committed this murder. Please share your knowledge with the rest of us.

As I said in another post, making absolute truth ASSUMPTIONS without a shred of proof or evidence. But, hey, never let thing like PROOF get in the way of a good rant.

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Everything Suthep has done and is doing, is undemocratic. What on earth is wrong with you? Preventing people fom voting is democratic? Please explain how that is democratic, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know

• Like 2

To the yanks and you have the most experience with this. What happened during the Race and anti Vietnam riots.

Bring in the military as a caretaker government set up a reform group of non political people.

I am not a yank, but I´m pretty sure that they didn´t bring in the US Army as caretaker government in the 60ies...

No but again you are missing the point,

If you are a brit let me ask you this.

If the British people decided that they did not trust either governemtn both were found to be corrupt and not worthy of being in power. What would the queen do?

Never happen???? OK think american revolution.

Corrupt politicians, heavy taxes that benefited the wealthy brits, government was not looking out for the people. Or India remember a guy named Ghandi?

Whyd did this protest start? Corrupt politician in Dubai

What about the people who're trying to vote with bullets flying?

Many Dem's supporters want to vote "no vote" which is completely legal, but based on Chalerm's threats of ex-judicial killings and today's cowardly assassination, they are afraid of Chalerm. They are afraid to vote!

Seriously, PM Yingluck, is this what you had in mind for Thailand's 2014 election?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So those dems should complain to protesters for blocking polling stations.

Dems might be devided on their tactict, but the majority of them do support protesters

So what??? Can't registered voters vote?

I repeat, Yingluck, is that is this what you had in mind for the 2014 election?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie.

bear in mind they never lie.

Obama must be getting tired of all these letters from Thailand. He probably got a "No Junk Mail" sign on his letter box by now.

post-122647-0-92725300-1390734126_thumb.

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie.

bear in mind they never lie.

Obama must be getting tired of all these letters from Thailand. He probably got a "No Junk Mail" sign on his letter box by now.

No...........SPAM.............sad.png

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I don't understand those who give their opinions from abroad, without witnessing what is happening at the streets of BKK with their own eyes (unless they have financial interests in ShinCorp). But many of us have our relatives, friends, and coworkers protesting out there for the last 3 months. It is a serious concern for us, not a "retarded" thing.

Oh yes it is, it is extremely retarded. I'm sorry you don't see it.

Quit the bleating.

Many of us have family, children and friends and live here. We see the looks on their faces at every coup and act of repression heaped on them by the Army and Courts. Forget the Dems.. they are the puppets.

We are entitled to our view of this, and we see it as a fascist mob. You see it your way we see it ours.

If your GF don't like it, hard luck. She could always opt to accept democracy and fight for it within the systen, but that requires intelegence and thought. Sure she has any of that or she just like selfies and whistles and live music.

Many foreigners, including myself stay here and have family and friends here too. And we had to live through the inept governance and the thousands of death done by the Shinawatras. TRT, PTP, whatever they call themselves are employees of the Shinawatras, Better a military junta ruling then Shincorp. In fact, things were better during the couple of years after the 2006 coup than they are the last few years with these idiots in charge.

• Like 1

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

The guy with a whistle round his neck (on the right) is wearing a red shirt cap ! so it looks like it's staged

Edited by johnsnapo

Perhaps he should save that line for his trial, but I think he's have more success with the "I was only following orders"!

• Like 1

Some odd posts by revisionist historians about the American Revolution. They created a government in which people could vote. There's already one in place here in which people can vote for someone different.

The revolution, if any, should come from people who are not allowed to express their right to vote.

• Like 1

Just listed to all the anti democracy posters on here!

Their beloved yellow shirt thugs have been running riot all over Bkk for the past 2 months, killing and intimidating Thai citizens and trying their best to stop the people from their right to vote.

As soon as the citizens come out to stop them and restore law and order so the people can excercise their right to vote...They cry foul!

This is the mind set of these so called "good people".

This was a targeted killing of a protest leader. And it's pure ignorance if you think murdering a protest leader will restore law and order. If anything, it will inflame the situation. The protestors have been relatively peaceful and now their one of their leader is shot dead? You really think his murder is going to make things better? The protestors have a martyr now. And any violence that will follow, they can blame on the Shinawatras for killing one of their own first.

I think the police is to blame in this situation. If they did their job and secured the streets and election sites, less people would feel forced to take the law into their own hands.

Honestly, if someone was trying to block me from voting in my country, I am not sure what I would do, or feel the need to be done. Luckily in my coultry the police would arrest the criminals trying to obstruct the democratic process, so I don't have to end up in that situation.

• Like 2

A crowd of Red-Shirts, the street-army of the PTP, have just assassinated one of their political-opponents, in broad daylight on the streets of Bangkok, just a week before their caretaker-government is due to hold an election.

Anyone who thinks a free-and-fair election will now be possible, as soon as next Sunday, needs to think again.

Fortunately caretaker-PM Yingluck is due to meet the EC on Tuesday, at this point the only topic can be, how long to delay the election by, if it is held at all.

Certainly the Red-Shirts have now given the military all the excuse needed, if they want to hold a coup, and Thaksin must be spitting saliva as he Skypes his dismay, from afar.

And, of course, you have absolute, unimpeachable proof that it was the "street-army of the PT" who committed this murder. Please share your knowledge with the rest of us.

As I said in another post, making absolute truth ASSUMPTIONS without a shred of proof or evidence. But, hey, never let thing like PROOF get in the way of a good rant.

As the OP says, "However, the protesters encountered a group of Redshirts who were rallying to defend the election venue, and violent clashes ensued. Gunshots and loud explosion were hurt. Mr. Suthin was later shot in his head as he was standing on a loudspeaker truck, witnesses."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699563-nsptr-leader-killed-during-election-blockade-rally/

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country

If he lives that long ?Many a clean shot perch in old Bangkok town.

Edited by Calimotty