F1 2014

rixalex

we have seen it before with Lewis, he was No 1 driver and along came Alonso as team mate also as a equal No 1....

As I see it there is just a few point between them now, the Last Race ? winner collect double points.. so if Mercedes do as they are doing it is anyone world championship

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see an Aussie win the Grand Prix of Canadia. rolleyes.gif

He has been an absolute revelation. To be doing what he is doing would be impressive enough, but to be doing it as pretty much a rookie along side a four times world champ is amazing. Such a nice guy too.

He has been an absolute revelation. To be doing what he is doing would be impressive enough, but to be doing it as pretty much a rookie along side a four times world champ is amazing. Such a nice guy too.

Yes a Perth boy like myself.

Did you spot the deliberate spelling error which was a dig at the dufus Australian PM who is touring Canada currently and mispronounced his host countries name?

Yes a Perth boy like myself.

Did you spot the deliberate spelling error which was a dig at the dufus Australian PM who is touring Canada currently and mispronounced his host countries name?

LOL

No I didn't. Bit too subtle for this Englandian.

• 2 weeks later...

Today talk of regulation changes to restarts. New idea is rather than have rolling starts once the safety car pulls in, to have another grid start. Rolling starts deemed not exciting enough. Well, they might not be that exciting but at least the poor bugger at the front who has just put in all the hard work building up a lead to then lose it all, has some chance of staying in the lead that is rightfully his. With a grid start every chance the leader could go from a commanding lead to back in fourth or fifth, and all because someone else has had an accident. How is that fair?

No consideration to what is right and wrong, just consideration to providing a spectacle no matter what the costs. Just like this stupid double points idea for the last race.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

F1 has completely lost the plot -- really. The days of racing for fun are over, and now it is just a commercial and political circus -- providing jobs for hundreds of small-minded, self-serving egos who are supposed to provide a level playing field. The F1 cars are boring -- F3 is almost as fast and is less technical. LeMans is much more spectacular. WTCC is far more fun to watch. I stopped watching F1, but I keep reading various commentaries and blogs because I was slightly involved with the sport many years ago......

Why not just red flag the race and have them line up on the Grid?

That's what I thought but apparently Mercedes have a sponsorship deal on the safety car and recovery vehicles that obliges them to stick with using them. All about the money as usual...
  • Like 1

Why not just red flag the race and have them line up on the Grid?

That's what I thought but apparently Mercedes have a sponsorship deal on the safety car and recovery vehicles that obliges them to stick with using them. All about the money as usual...

I presume if they stop them on the grid there would be a lot of tinkering with the set ups, so possibly a new meaning to the words "team orders" with the no 2 drivers conveniently crashing out.

Not a normal start. Raikonnen's car a mess, red flag, delayed start under safety car when they've replaced a section of crash barrier. Update at 13:45. They just about managed a lap.

Edited by Chicog

Not a normal start. Raikonnen's car a mess, red flag, delayed start under safety car when they've replaced a section of crash barrier. Update at 13:45. They just about managed a lap.

Normal bored to death affair, you mean.

We have had to suffer a delayed viewing of something far more exciting due to this dross.

World Superbikes from Portugal, if yoy are quick you can tune in now and experience some real racing smile.png

Well an exciting race, Lewis wins from sixth place,Valtten from 14th to second, Yes, an exciting race.

Alonso and Vettle Handbags over radio, though I suspect we would have had the same from the two Mercedes drivers if Lewis had being trying to pass Nico for for a few more laps, pity about Nico's gear box but Lewis was beginning to think he was being fitted with seconds, seems Mercedes have sacrificed some reliability for performance.

Edited by Basil B

• 2 weeks later...

How can they have a different set of rules depending on the track? As 1 of the team said. "Why drive off the track with all 4 wheels unless it gives you an advantage?

Yes makes NO scene, and then give a driver a 5 sec stop and go and after the race also get a point for doing just that !!

Jean-Eric Vergne has been handed one penalty point on his super licence for leaving the track and gaining an advantage during the German Grand Prix.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/germany/motorsport/story/168429.html#dfYPBDmL7XDFFcIx.99

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1

another Race and Raikonnen's car a mess, but this time with everyone using his car as a battering ram at least he managed to finish the race [wonder if he/car was under weight ? lost a lot of bits off it]

My nominations:

Worst presenter ever: Alex Yoong

Worst commentator ever: David Croft

(even worse than Murray Walker - and that's saying something)

cheesy.gif Now who was it from before who was so bad I forget his name? Ooh that train took a lap and a half to pass the circuit.

My nominations:

Worst presenter ever: Alex Yoong

Worst commentator ever: David Croft

(even worse than Murray Walker - and that's saying something)

cheesy.gif Now who was it from before who was so bad I forget his name? Ooh that train took a lap and a half to pass the circuit.

Ah now I recall, Slater.