Suthep vows to shut PM out of Govt House, taunts Chalerm

webfact

ANTI-GOVERNMENT RALLY
Suthep vows to shut PM out of Govt House, taunts Chalerm

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protest chief Suthep Thaugsuban vowed on Sunday night to block Government House on Monday morning to prevent caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra from entering the compound.

The People’s Democratic Reform Committee leader also dared caretaker Labour Minister and anti-protest operations chief Chalerm Yoobamrung to appear at the compound on Monday morning. He said the protesters would begin their march to surround it at 7.30am and told Chalerm to be there by 8.30am.

Suthep said Chalerm would be denounced as a coward if he fails to show up at the Government House and he should also disband the anti-protest centre.

Suthep also said that Bt25 million donated by the protesters to help indebted farmers would be used to cover court fees for farmers filing civil lawsuits against Yingluck and responsible ministers for failing to pay them for rice pledged under the government's subsidy scheme.

At a ceremony on Tuesday to be held at a yet-to-be announced time at the Pathumwan rally stage, the money will be handed to the Lawyers' Council of Thailand under His Majesty's Patronage, which will handle the cases for free. It will be divided into 125 parts, each of which will be no bigger than Bt200,000, for use with 125 individual lawsuits.

The remaining Bt1.2 million, plus another Bt1 million to be collected in future donations, will be given to 11 families of farmers who committed suicide due to stress over non-payment of debts after the caretaker government failed to pay them. Each of the 11 families will be given Bt200,000 at handover ceremonies on the Pathumwan stage.

Suthep condemned an M-79 grenade attack on the Criminal Courthouse on Friday night, as well as a shooting at the home of Anti-Corruption Organisation of Thailand chairman Pramont Sutheewong, also on Friday night.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-17

• Like 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I have ever seen or heard of so many (police) mobilized to handle so few and display such a lack of accomplishing anything, It appears that those monitoring the protests, assigning those to act, and those assigned to carry out the threats/tasks are quite out of their depth of understanding, planning, and exicution of action.

This seems to be a job description to be a part of this mob, attempting to lead the Thai nation.

This very same guy also says that protestors have no right to take over government buildings, oh wait that was when they were protesting against him. The guy is an idiot and hypocrite. Give it up you fool, you have already been defeated and down to your last two supporters.

If it doesn't get out of control, they will not storm into the Government House. They will only surround it to prevent the Thaksinistas from going inside.

Defeated and down? Have you been watching the rallies with your very eyes? Not only the support of the people has not decreased; if you watch it by yourself you may find that at least two or three Rice Farmers have also joined the revolution...wink.png

Support hasn't decreased? I must be watching the wrong news services because I don't see 6 million people in the streets. I guess that is why the police are having trouble clearing them out. 6 million against 200 greatly outnumbered.

• Like 2

Suthep said Chalerm would be denounced as a coward if he fails to show up at the Government House and he should also disband the anti-protest centre.

Chalerm has already been denounced as so many other things by so many other people, being called a coward probably won't penetrate his booze addled brain.

8.00 a.m. and Suthep is on the march to Government House. He's marching with a large contingent made up of, as previously reported by moonao, 5 wheelchair-bound grannies, half a dozen disgruntled farmers 15 pretty girls and 50 security guards. Lets' see if Chalerm is up to this lot.thumbsup.gif

The only educated ones he could find ...

Nothing will happen before 9:00am...

Chalerm is too lazy to get up before 8:30am. Even that is a stretch. But I can understand.... it is tough to roll out of bed after a night of drinking and womanizing till 5:00am.... especially when you are old and your liver is shot.

Expect another delay, as both parties go to work on a typical work day, with nothing happening!

Actually, when I read the title of this thread, I thought it was April 1st - April Fools Day, because the ONLY reason people get up to go to work early is for free breakfast. Not to fight and certainly not to work. Work and fighting are secondary to eating and sitting on rocking chairs on the porch.

Edited by Blackmirage2013

8.00 a.m. and Suthep is on the march to Government House. He's marching with a large contingent made up of, as previously reported by moonao, 5 wheelchair-bound grannies, half a dozen disgruntled farmers 15 pretty girls and 50 security guards. Lets' see if Chalerm is up to this lot.thumbsup.gif

Wonder which of those categories, Chalerm will disguise himself as, in order to get close to his target (or the object of his Valentine's Day affections ? wub.png ) and surprise him ?

IMO they have a lot in common, they're both former-DPMs, both think they should be in-overall-charge, both faintly ridiculous, both tools for others, the list goes on ... wink.png

• Like 1

The only educated ones he could find ...

post-9891-0-62473600-1392600650.jpgrolleyes.gif

This very same guy also says that protestors have no right to take over government buildings, oh wait that was when they were protesting against him. The guy is an idiot and hypocrite. Give it up you fool, you have already been defeated and down to your last two supporters.

If it doesn't get out of control, they will not storm into the Government House. They will only surround it to prevent the Thaksinistas from going inside.

Defeated and down? Have you been watching the rallies with your very eyes? Not only the support of the people has not decreased; if you watch it by yourself you may find that at least two or three Rice Farmers have also joined the revolution...wink.png

Support hasn't decreased? I must be watching the wrong news services because I don't see 6 million people in the streets. I guess that is why the police are having trouble clearing them out. 6 million against 200 greatly outnumbered.

That is exactly what I mean! You confess that you are watching News, not actually witnessing it with your own eyes smile.png . There is much more than what the camera or Mr. Jonathan Head's reports can tell.

Furthermore, besides the stages and the rallies, you can see a huge number of people wearing T-shirts or supporting merchandise everywhere in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I really hope Chalerm whips his ass - I know of no other country who would allow threats like these to go unanswered use water canon, baton rounds and gas and finish him off

I have not met a Thai yet who supports him - and that includes those who do not particularly like Ying or PTP - I think a strong, robust response would gain huge support from ordinary Thais

but TIT etc.

• Like 1

"Bt25 million donated by the protesters to help indebted farmers would be used to cover court fees for farmers filing civil lawsuits against Yingluck"

The people who donated money to help the farmers have been fooled big time again by Suthep and his dirty lies.

The benefactors, even if they act completely irrationally, and many times criminally, in the protests, probably gave money with their heart, in order to help the farmers who ended up in difficulties because of the protests that made Yingluck dissolve the House... which is the reason of the delayed payments.

Now these benefactors realize that their money only serves Suthep's insane goal of gaining power, by allowing him to multiply totally useless lawsuits against a government that already resigned and limits itself to a caretaker role, ...with not one baht going to the farmers themselves.

Suthep does not even respect the will of his own followers. What a loser and despicable man...

Sent from my iPhone...

Not many observers would have thought that Suthep could have raised such support.

Not many would have thought it possible for him to outsmart them at evrry juncture

And not many would have thought it possible that with the masses having returned home, that Suthep could continue to taunt and evade

I guess that says a lot for what he is up against......

• Like 2

Suthep now down to personal taunts and calling people out.....whistling.gif

Just a very poor attempt at trying to goad a forceful response out of Chalerm, he seems to be a rather nice conduit for Sutheps attention...

Everyone expected violent things from Chalerm every day here lol as i predicted since reappointed however the leash has been firmly on Chalerm, hes not going to rise to anything unbidden

As for the farmers and the "donation" for those who want to sue it shows how much help towards the farmers that is... not very unconditional or caring after all .... at least suthep is consistent in his lying... Meanwhile we are onto D Day 57 of the great uprising and peoples revolution...coffee1.gif

Nothing at all is going to happen between these two today.. its all posturing threats and no delivery... as usual

talking of consistency two very normal young lads and girl were beaten at mukawan yesterday for being "on a red motobike" by PDRC guards.. cant post the link or interview its a thai one and isnt allowed.

• Like 2

When is this guy Suthep ever going to come up with a viable policy to attract voters? It is impossible to take him or his backers seriously. 555+

In case you haven't noticed, he is not running for election.

He is not running an election because he knows his party will not be able to win, in order to take part in a democratic election he and his party must attract voters by outlining their general politics for the benefits of the Thai population.

That should be done, that is the normal aspect for election victories, rather than carry on with the messy and dangerous street protests in BKK.