Farmers hail Thai govt promise to pay overdue debts within month

webfact

Good news for farmers. If they don't want the rice pledging scheme, they can always vote the government out. If they want the scheme, they should protect the scheme by not cheating and colluding with unscrupulous traders, millers, officials, and politicians, etc. They should work hard and support the government in fighting corruptions and irregularities and report corrupt traders, millers, officials and politicians etc. They should also not collude with saboteurs. It is good to know that no cabinet minister has been convicted of involving in irregularities and corruptions.

Have you ever actually been past Korat, or even Future Park guessing by some of your statements. How naive can one get?

What are you asking? Why ask???

Here's why... . You stated "They should work hard and support the government in fighting corruptions and irregularities and report corrupt traders, millers, officials and politicians etc. They should also not collude with saboteurs. It is good to know that no cabinet minister has been convicted of involving in irregularities and corruptions."

Have you no idea that it is corrupt from the top down, and not vice versa? The rice farmers are not responsible for the corruption that comes from the top down, and neither do they have anybody to report corruption to. Pls tell me, who are the rice farmers to report corruption to? pls...

Many MPs have been tried and convicted of irregularities, and either served time for it or bought they way out of a sentence.

If you believe there are no irregularities concerning the rice scam, then pls also explain why 500billion baht, set aside for 2 years is missing after 1 year, and the rice farmers are owed 130billion baht overdue payments from 6 months ago plus.

That's why I ask.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just short term thinking of farmers. They need to realize that the rice scheme is unsustainable and eventually everyone in this country is going to lose. They miraculously found a loan this time but next year they are going to face the same problem. If they keep funding this scheme with borrowed money then those loans are going to pile up. How are they going to repay these debts and interest? By printing money?

“This is the best news for farmers. We believe the government will keep its promise,” he said.

Yes, just as much as it has kept a long, long list of past promises to pay you. How gullible can you actually get?

I can't wait to read news reports if any of them have actually received money today, and how much (only a portion of it or the whole amount owed?).

And in 30 days, they're all coming out again to protest, which will prompt the government to dream up another slew of consecutive excuses to drag it out and out and out and... Amazing!

Good news for farmers. If they don't want the rice pledging scheme, they can always vote the government out. If they want the scheme, they should protect the scheme by not cheating and colluding with unscrupulous traders, millers, officials, and politicians, etc. They should work hard and support the government in fighting corruptions and irregularities and report corrupt traders, millers, officials and politicians etc. They should also not collude with saboteurs. It is good to know that no cabinet minister has been convicted of involving in irregularities and corruptions.

Have you ever actually been past Korat, or even Future Park guessing by some of your statements. How naive can one get?

Here's why... . You stated "They should work hard and support the government in fighting corruptions and irregularities and report corrupt traders, millers, officials and politicians etc. They should also not collude with saboteurs. It is good to know that no cabinet minister has been convicted of involving in irregularities and corruptions."

Have you no idea that it is corrupt from the top down, and not vice versa? The rice farmers are not responsible for the corruption that comes from the top down, and neither do they have anybody to report corruption to. Pls tell me, who are the rice farmers to report corruption to? pls...

Many MPs have been tried and convicted of irregularities, and either served time for it or bought they way out of a sentence.

If you believe there are no irregularities concerning the rice scam, then pls also explain why 500billion baht, set aside for 2 years is missing after 1 year, and the rice farmers are owed 130billion baht overdue payments from 6 months ago plus.

That's why I ask.

Many MPs have been tried and convicted of irregularities, and either served time for it or bought they way out of a sentence??? Who are these MPs.

500billion baht missing? Rice farmers are owed - from 6 months ago plus???

Are you trying to lie or misguide, mislead people?

You mean they have not confirmed YET the names and charges filed against the gov. THIS INFO WAS SAID TO BE RELEASED AT THE END OF FEB.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You mean they have been convicted already? Well, I have no doubt that these allegations certainly have smeared the reputation of the government.

"Posted in his Facebook page today, Mr Kittirat said all farmers who pledged their rice under the government’s rice pledging scheme and hold the rice vouchers will have rights to receive payment in full amount."

1. What is it with Thais doing business on facebook, of all places?

2. Note the clever wording.."will have rights to receive" -- having a right to something and actually receiving it are two completely different notions.

To answer your first question, have you seen the "talent" of the web developers here in Thailand? Facebook is among the only sites that work properly. Despite being a 'technology hub'.

• Like 2

I think he is asking if you have ever even looked out of the window instead of having your head buried in the 'The Bumper Book of Red Facts'

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705024-farmers-break-into-thai-defence-compound-monday/

Spin that.

Are you sure and what has the link got to do with

We should be happy with the farmer and advice them accordingly, instead of wanting to see them miserable.

I don't want to see them miserable, I'm surrounded by them, I live with them.

They will hail a payment when it happens, they should not be reported as hailing a promise when many of them are not.

If you fail to see the significance of that link, you are either blind or do not want to see.

• Like 2

I think he is asking if you have ever even looked out of the window instead of having your head buried in the 'The Bumper Book of Red Facts'

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705024-farmers-break-into-thai-defence-compound-monday/

Spin that.

Are you sure and what has the link got to do with

We should be happy with the farmer and advice them accordingly, instead of wanting to see them miserable.

I don't want to see them miserable, I'm surrounded by them, I live with them.

They will hail a payment when it happens, they should not be reported as hailing a promise when many of them are not.

If you fail to see the significance of that link, you are either blind or do not want to see.

Ok, you win. No big deal to me. Please continue to be surrounded by them and make sure that their lives improve with or without the rice pledging scheme.

That's why I ask.

Many MPs have been tried and convicted of irregularities, and either served time for it or bought they way out of a sentence??? Who are these MPs.

Do you actually read the news, or simply post here to try and find answers to what you don't know, whilst bickering and asking inane questions which you really ought to know the answers to? Pls... don't answer..

However, I shall retract the word 'convicted', because once monies were recieved by the judges involved then convictions were quashed, of course.

That's why I ask.

Do you actually read the news, or simply post here to try and find answers to what you don't know, whilst bickering and asking inane questions which you really ought to know the answers to? Pls... don't answer..

However, I shall retract the word 'convicted', because once monies were recieved by the judges involved then convictions were quashed, of course.

Hahahaha, now you are accusing judges - who were these judges? Also, who were these MPs charged?

Of course I read the news. Just asked to alert you to the 'multi-facet' of news reporting.

Edited by icommunity

That's why I ask.

The only misguided, misleading person here is you. Full of hot air and bullshit in trying to be a big time troll, well guess what - miserable failure.

• Like 2

That's why I ask.

The only misguided, misleading person here is you. Full of hot air and bullshit in trying to be a big time troll, well guess what - miserable failure.

Well, your attitude just shows that you are shitting all over yourself. Come on, come up with some intelligent resources.

Well, your attitude just shows that you are shitting all over yourself. Come on, come up with some intelligent resources.

Well, when you can sight something of intelligence instead of regurgitating nonsense when you might be considered newsworthy, but up till then it's still fail. And sorry no further supplementary prize for you to day as they have already been awarded to the other village idiots - see what can be arranged for you tomorrow.

One government-owned bank lends another government-owned bank a few billion, to enable the gravy-train to roll onwards, for another week or two.

Which is obviously good for whoever does get paid.

But it doesn't mean there's enough to pay them all, and the 30-day loans will still need to be refinanced, or the rice sold to raise more money.

Meanwhile my own local rice-farmers have prepared their fields, and planted their seed-beds ready for the next crop, I wonder what pledge-price they hope to receive for it ?

And whether the government will be good for the money, when payment falls due, yet again ? whistling.gif

You mean they have not confirmed YET the names and charges filed against the gov. THIS INFO WAS SAID TO BE RELEASED AT THE END OF FEB.

You mean they have been convicted already? Well, I have no doubt that these allegations certainly have smeared the reputation of the government.

Hehee dont put words in my mouth. You are just trying to start trouble and add conflict to this forum.

I said the NACC stated they will announce who has been charged and who is charged. Not that they are already charged and convicted.

However even a blind man could see something is very bad with what the gov has been doing with the peoples money.

I am suprised you cant see it even with all the other poster telling you to open your eyes. But i did say a blind man could see so i guess its too much for a man blinded by the PTP.

Im not going to argue with you if you are not open to the possibility that MAYBE YOU ARE WRONG.

I would suggest to all the others in this forum to ignore icommunity today. Its one thing to be stubborn like a mule but even a mule will follow if he is shown the way.

Hehee dont put words in my mouth. You are just trying to start trouble and add conflict to this forum.

I said the NACC stated they will announce who has been charged and who is charged. Not that they are already charged and convicted.

However even a blind man could see something is very bad with what the gov has been doing with the peoples money.

I am suprised you cant see it even with all the other poster telling you to open your eyes. But i did say a blind man could see so i guess its too much for a man blinded by the PTP.

Im not going to argue with you if you are not open to the possibility that MAYBE YOU ARE WRONG.

I would suggest to all the others in this forum to ignore icommunity today. Its one thing to be stubborn like a mule but even a mule will follow if he is shown the way.

Stranger things have happened, now the Democrats are watching out for the farmers to make sure they get all their money, now that it is crystal clear that the farmers will be paid, everyone is trying to jump on the band wagon,!

The Democrats and PDRC may be forced to eat all the hatred they yelled from their rally stages about the stupid, uneducated. unwashed farmers, that deserved all that is happening to them because they chose to vote for PTP. I believe many a farmer will be reliving those hateful scenes as they stand at the polling place, ready to cast their vote for the party that looks out for their interest!

Cheers

While some are suggesting to eat, rice for instance, let's go back to the topic of farmers very happy with the government's promise to pay them the money owed real soon now.

The "Vichien Puanglamchiak, president of the Thai Farmers Association" mentioned in the topic, the one who was qouted with "This is the best news for farmers. We believe the government will keep its promise", is the president of the only 'real farmer organisation' with 'real farmers' our caretaker Dept. Minister of Commerce Yanyong likes. He (the DMofC that is) even said "if farmers wanted to see Ms Yingluck Shinawatra, they should better group with the real farmers led by Mr Vichien Puanglamchiak, president of the Thai Farmers and Agriculturists Association". Most likely that's because k. Vichien might be a 'real' farmer ?

Edited by rubl

One government-owned bank lends another government-owned bank a few billion, to enable the gravy-train to roll onwards, for another week or two.

Which is obviously good for whoever does get paid.

But it doesn't mean there's enough to pay them all, and the 30-day loans will still need to be refinanced, or the rice sold to raise more money.

Meanwhile my own local rice-farmers have prepared their fields, and planted their seed-beds ready for the next crop, I wonder what pledge-price they hope to receive for it ?

And whether the government will be good for the money, when payment falls due, yet again ? whistling.gif

As far as I'm aware the rice pledging scheme for 2014 is discontinued. So I would imagine they will be selling on the open market again .. the same open market that is saturated with cheap government rice.. going on a recent report the government may be selling via auction for as low as 5,000baht per ton... but clear cut figures are difficult to find!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And in 32 days the farmers will once again be protesting and blocking highways as the PTP have failed and lied once again

Or begging from newly arrived tourists outside big flashy flagship that is Thailand's airport facepalm.gif' Embarrassing' doesn't even begin to cover it.

And in 32 days the farmers will once again be protesting and blocking highways as the PTP have failed and lied once again

Or begging from newly arrived tourists outside big flashy flagship that is Thailand's airport facepalm.gif' Embarrassing' doesn't even begin to cover it.

If only they have enough mass to turn u at the airport to seek Farang sympathy.

The airport will shut itself down again.

No one can disagree with your sentiments. If only.

However, no cabinet minister has been convicted because no charges have been heard in court so far. Haven't the NACC promised they will be making charges this month?

Can you give us examples of where the caretaker government now or when in office has fought corruption, resulting in prosecutions or asset seizures etc? A photo op in front of some nice anti-corruption campaign posters and Yingluck claiming there is no corruption in "her" government is not sufficient, especially when Thailand's position on the world corruption index has worsened considerable.

But, please do provide examples if you have them so we can all see.

Stranger things have happened, now the Democrats are watching out for the farmers to make sure they get all their money, now that it is crystal clear that the farmers will be paid, everyone is trying to jump on the band wagon,!

The Democrats and PDRC may be forced to eat all the hatred they yelled from their rally stages about the stupid, uneducated. unwashed farmers, that deserved all that is happening to them because they chose to vote for PTP. I believe many a farmer will be reliving those hateful scenes as they stand at the polling place, ready to cast their vote for the party that looks out for their interest!

Cheers

Can you post a citation showing people at PRDC rallies were they "yelled from their rally stages about the stupid, uneducated. unwashed farmers, that deserved all that is happening to them because they chose to vote for PTP"?