Luang Poo Buddha-issara rejected check in at SC Park Hotel

webfact

Luang Poo Buddha-issara rejected check in at SC Park Hotel

buddha-issara-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters rallied at SC Park Hotel, one of the Shinawatra family group’s business, on the Riep Thangduan road to demand the check-in of rooms they have booked but were denied entry by guards.

The protesters were led by Luang Poo Buddha-issara from Shinawatra Tower 3 on Vibhavadi Rangsit road to SC Park hotel. The abbot earlier led protesters to rally at the tower and hinted he would move to another location as part of the pressure on the caretaker prime minister. He did not disclose.

One of the abbot’s guards said they have booked about 10 rooms at the hotel on the Internet for farmers to stay overnight and held a seminar.

The abbot also showed booking documents they printed on the Internet to show to the guards but were still not allowed to enter.

The abbot said after the check-in he would also book seminar room to hold seminar for farmers who were expected to arrive and join today.

By 1 p.m., the hotel still did not allow protesters, numbering over 200 to enter. They arrived in about 10 trucks and vans.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/luang-poo-buddha-issara-rejected-check-sc-park-hotel/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-20

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bad move. Some business person at the Shin Motel just elevated what should have been a non-event into a PR nightmare with accompanying protest. They haven't got a clue. They're worse at PR than they are at rice scams.

Agree, in other words rejected by their own so called god.

Hope they are fast learners.

Since it's a shin company maybe they could ask the hotel gm for an advance on their rice dues, just deduct it from the total amounts due to them?

SC Park Hotel closes service after Phra Buddha Issara 'checks in'

BANGKOK: -- Phra Buddha Issara led protesters from the Chaeng Wattana rally site to "check in" at the SC Park Hotel, prompting it to announce the closure of service at 1:15 pm Thursday.

The monk, who leads the protest at the Chaeng Wattana, led the protesters to rally at the hotel as part of the strategy to block business of the Shinawatras.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-20

• Like 1

it's not a public place and the hotel does reserve the right as to who it allows in. They probably have international and local tourists staying there and they have a duty of care for their safety as well as ensuring they have an enjoyable stay. They don't want gunfire and grenades in the lobby might scare tourists off.

Indeed. Having 200 (now irate) protesters camping outside your reception area will do wonders.

The hotel guests will be absolutely exstatic. I would guess they are all queueing up to take photos

Park hotel manager announces the hotel is closed for today.

https://twitter.com/ARMdhiravath/status/436385662766284800/photo/1

How can you close a hotel? Kick everybody out? Or only closed for certain people?

I feel sorry for the manager. He's probably going to lose his job over a situation where he couldn't win. The Shins would have fired him had he left the monk into the rooms he reserved; and, now, they'll probably fire him for letting this situation escalate to yet another PR slam dunk for the protesters. Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1

it's not a public place and the hotel does reserve the right as to who it allows in. They probably have international and local tourists staying there and they have a duty of care for their safety as well as ensuring they have an enjoyable stay. They don't want gunfire and grenades in the lobby might scare tourists off.

Why any tourist would want to go and stay in an average hotel in Ram Intra, god only knows?

• Like 1

He got rumbled, dont see the point of trying the check in game clearly not a great idea to have possible problems for other guests im sure half at least dont have a clue who owns it... its just not right I wonder if any are tourists there ?

This i suppose is the new idea since the Civil court says they can go into any building they wish ... would have been just as easy to stand outside and chant to disrupt things so why try to check in if not to play mischief ?

Of course had they paid up at check in as would be required they would have been donating to the Shin fund anyway... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

So we've gone from what was meant to be a mega rally yesterday ( flop) to a handful of protesters outside an office block, to some patetic attempt to smear a reputable company and now all they have is the phony monk in the lobby of a minor hotel no one ever heard of? PR disaster and show just how thin they are for strategies

"phony" is the right word! he is about as 'enlightened' as Suthep and needs to read the Buddhas teachings - why they have not de-robed him I will never know!!!

• Like 2

If these are truly Shiniwatra owned assets, I have lot less of a problem with this protest strategy instead of threatening civil servants, creating havoc for the normal worker trying to get back and forth from his/her workplace, forcibly entering government buildings and preventing people trying to vote. If the PDRC had did this from the beginning and restricted its activities to such an economic boycott, I think it would have much more credibility than it does now.

Edited by pookiki

Except no doubt being a hotel it would have guests and tours and totally innocent people probably a lot not even Thai affected, is that really smart ? im not so sure.

Hey scamp how do you know they were farmers because the clipping said so ? i saw a monk that shouldnt even be in a hotel not a lot else, not even a person with a sign saying I am a farmer can i check in please. Trucks turned up and ? as easily be a load of protesters... great for the guests sanity all those whistles.

And yes monks in a hotel is xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png but hes not a monk so.....

Come on face it both camps are playing childish games with each other all the time and neither really think these ideas out much, which is why both sides keep looking like a bunch of idiots, day in, day out.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

So we've gone from what was meant to be a mega rally yesterday ( flop) to a handful of protesters outside an office block, to some patetic attempt to smear a reputable company and now all they have is the phony monk in the lobby of a minor hotel no one ever heard of? PR disaster and show just how thin they are for strategies

I think Mr CMPO has heard of this hotel.

Why would a monk be approaching a hotel reception desk?

Monks don't have money, save money, or carry money. It can be done for them, but keys are collected by a sponsor of the monk.

I have stated previously that this guy is erroneous, and a mistake for Suthep to carry around. Unless, of course, he is an Army General's son... ;)