Thai Government to tell super powers and UN of political situation

webfact

Government to tell super powers and UN of political situation

surapong-5-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government will soon embark on a globe-trotting tour to explain to the five super powers as well as the United Nations about the real political situation in Thailand and the harassment of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra by the protesters.

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, however, did not specify when the overseas tour would start but said that the five super powers namely the US, Russia, China, France and England and the UN needed to be informed of the real situation in Thailand.

He accused the People’s Democratic Reform Committee of resorting to illegal means in their pursuit of the prime minister. Nevertheless, he said the prime minister would not run away from Bangkok but would shift from place to place to work which would not be a big problem as she could still keep in touch with her ministers through tele-conferences or smartphones.

Surapong admitted that the Civil Court’s order restricting the operations of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order had impacted on the centre’s operations.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-tell-super-powers-un-political-situation/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-21

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion, this is not merrily a globe-trotting exercise, because one can be sure that the UN as well as the super powers knows exactly what is going on from the foreign embassies in Thailand. The reason may be much deeper than that, it may be a plea for help perhaps financially, perhaps by armed forces, one can only speculate at this stage. However, whatever the goal of this globe-trotting exercise may be, the government must also realise their sins of the past, concerning slavery, extortion, corruption, and many other bad things that has not been curbed by the excising government has also been documented by the super powers.

Furthermore to report that the caretaker prime minister is being continually harassed by the opposition (which is known internationally,) is rather childish, somewhat like a child reporting that his lollypop has been taken away from him, don’t you think?

Can't see this trip happening....and Surapong is hardly the person to do so in the event a trip was to be permitted....relatives of the master mind of much of Thailands problems are well exposed now and, in my view, not acceptable diplomats of Thailand.

• Like 1

In my opinion, this is not merrily a globe-trotting exercise, because one can be sure that the UN as well as the super powers knows exactly what is going on from the foreign embassies in Thailand. The reason may be much deeper than that, it may be a plea for help perhaps financially, perhaps by armed forces, one can only speculate at this stage. However, whatever the goal of this globe-trotting exercise may be, the government must also realise their sins of the past, concerning slavery, extortion, corruption, and many other bad things that has not been curbed by the excising government has also been documented by the super powers.

Furthermore to report that the caretaker prime minister is being continually harassed by the opposition (which is known internationally,) is rather childish, somewhat like a child reporting that his lollypop has been taken away from him, don’t you think?

I think it's much simpler than anyone is suggesting.

The writing is on the wall for these people, and they want to ensure that they are not in Thailand when the house of cards collapses.

After all, if someone was outside of Thailand, let's say, visiting the Olympic Games, or something similar, then no-one could ever accuse them of running away, could they?!

• Like 2

Does he thinks that the embassies doesn't inform their governments about this? It's the typical conceited way of Thai thinking ... 'the world, correction, the Universe, circles around Thailand'.

Give the man a Fanta and a cookie and put him in a closet ..

I'll bet some of the diplomatic cables home would be a joy to behold and they have overlooked too the fact that the international media have been covering the protests although currently Ukraine has all the headlines.

In fact some in the Thai media have been happily reporting just how much international coverage the LoS gets while ignoring it's hardly complimentary.

Now to complete the mess all that's need is to appoint Chalerm an roving ambassador to state the country's case.

Do they have the power as caretaker govt to do that with taxpayers money or are they just doing it as an political party using their own money ?

Better to use the money to pay the farmers.

Perhaps they could just give out the same VCD"s of Yinglucks speech they gave to all the village chiefs.

Good question since the super powers probably know more about what is happening here and why than they do

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"The government will soon embark on a globe-trotting tour"

That's the news I was soon expecting, their excuse to leave the country. Surely they are already busy transfering the rest of their money to Dubai or elsewhere.

Unfortuately not all of them will be able to leave, so their heads will still be in Thai politics and their hands in people's pocket.

Why this concern with what the outside world thinks hardly the usual Thai attitude ?

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their <deleted> off

I agree. It adds credibility to the government as well if they are seen with global leaders, especially if they are able to present the situation in an honest light (unlike Suthep's letter to Obama a while back). Perhaps they are also seeking some sort of assistance, financial or otherwise.

You are very brave putting credibility,government and honest in the same sentence.

Right! SHould have said it gives the impression of credibility! lol....I certainly don't believe this government is honest or credible

• Like 1

Why this concern with what the outside world thinks hardly the usual Thai attitude ?

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their <deleted> off

I agree. It adds credibility to the government as well if they are seen with global leaders, especially if they are able to present the situation in an honest light (unlike Suthep's letter to Obama a while back). Perhaps they are also seeking some sort of assistance, financial or otherwise.

You are very brave putting credibility,government and honest in the same sentence.

and by the way....there's absolutely nothing brave about posting controversial things on TVF

mmm... they are going to the permanent members of the UN security council. As noted by others, Japan was not mentioned.

This does not bode well. A worst-case scenario (for the Thai people) is a country in chaos followed by UN (in reality, US-backed) intervention. We've seen this in too many other countries for it not to be an option.

The ultimate plan is for Thailand to be overtly friendly to US and globalist interests. If covert plans fail, watch out for the drones. I'm not sure what China's real role is in the globalist plans.

Look around the world - how many truly independent nations are left? The tug-of-war in the Ukraine is another example of a nation straddling two empires that is not being allowed to think for itself - you're either with us or against us. Shit world.

.................Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, however, did not specify when the overseas tour would start but said that the five super powers namely the US, Russia, China, France and England and the UN needed to be informed of the real situation in Thailand................

Firstly, it's not their concern

Secondly, do you think they really care?

Thirdly, were you so keen to let the world know about the Red shirt thugs who set fire to buildings and took hospital patients as hostages?

Stop blubbering and grow up. crying.gif

You're pathetic.

Why would you call Sutheps letter to Obama dishonest