PM staying at 'safe house'

Lite Beer

PM staying at 'safe house'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has not returned home for four days due to security concerns and is believed to be staying at a "safe house" at an unknown location in Bangkok.

Police, however, continue to heavily guard her residence at Soi Yothin Pattana 3.

Yingluck was last seen in public when she made a nationally televised address on Wednesday about the rice-pledging scheme.

National Security Council secretary-general Lt-General Paradorn Pattanathabutr said the PM could hold upcountry Cabinet meetings or go to three of her ad hoc offices - the Army Club, the Air Force Command Centre and the Defence permanent secretary's office.

Despite the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee vowing to hunt Yingluck down, Paradorn said the security for the prime minister was sufficient.

He said the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order would not be relocated from the Police Club despite protesters going there as its level of security was sufficient.

Other senior government figures had not request special security at their residences.

It was quiet at the office of the Defence Ministry's permanent secretary yesterday, except for a crowd-handling drill involving three companies of army officers.

The drill involved a scenario where protesters headed to the compound from the south and officers kept them at bay or made a coordinated retreat.

It also included a scenario where protesters breached security and entered the building.

The focus of the drill was the protection of VIPs, particularly the prime minister.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-23

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So YL is in hiding and has not been seen in 4 days. How do they know she is even in BKK?

Only a few days ago it was announced plans were being made for her to go north on a mission to (oversee) the drought problem. I guess she is sufficiently scared now to be in hiding and must be doing her caretaker job via facebook. Either that or she is on a shopping trip?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Shows how much she trusts the dynamic duo of Chalerm and Tarit to control peace and order and ensure her safety.

• Like 2

Shows how much she trusts the dynamic duo of Chalerm and Tarit to control peace and order and ensure her safety.

Great post

She should really be marching around Bangkok shaking a money box like all great leaders do.

"please sir put some money in my box, ive squandered all i stole when Deputy PM" laugh.png

1392714233-protest-leader-suthep-thaugsu

• Like 1

That's what you want from a nations leader, someone that sheds crocodile tears, runs the country from facebook and is inaccessible because she is cowering from the electorate and press in a safe house.

Well, to be fair , first she went on the "offensive " and then onto hiding.

May be she had to take short trip for a meeting in Dubai

• Like 2

re

I guess she is sufficiently scared now to be in hiding and must be doing her caretaker job via facebook. Either that or she is on a shopping trip?

dont be a plonker :(

shes busy clearing out all her banks before going to meet :(

dave2

post-42592-0-57809000-1393117750_thumb.j

post-42592-0-02031400-1393117779_thumb.j

That's what you want from a nations leader, someone that sheds crocodile tears, runs the country from facebook and is inaccessible because she is cowering from the electorate and press in a safe house.

And all due to an old unhinged idiot that you are supporting in his vain quest for power.

Do you honestly think this is a good outcome of the protests?

Is this really what you want, what the Thai people want?

If your answer is yes, I'll put you and suthep in the in the same mental bracket.

re

I guess she is sufficiently scared now to be in hiding and must be doing her caretaker job via facebook. Either that or she is on a shopping trip?

dont be a plonker sad.png

shes busy clearing out all her banks before going to meet sad.png

dave2

And then........>>>

Emirates-is-flying-to-Barcelona.jpg

• Like 1

Usual drivel from you, surprised you did not add she was in Ukraine inspecting an empty Palace too.

Well, to be fair , first she went on the "offensive " and then onto hiding.

May be she had to take short trip for a meeting in Dubai

Typical Red Shirt behavior; snipe and run.

Easy there campers it IS a Nation piece so don't take it too seriously coffee1.gif

Could well be true about the PM skipping off, natural for posters to speculate as no one seems to know her whereabouts, I would guess she wouldn't even trust her cabinet to know, would YOU??, look who is in the cabinet positions.

Yet we still get anti Nation talk and dwindling pro government posters.

There is something dodgy about the over re-action of the P.M. to the threats to hound her down---she takes that as a death threat ??? stupid it was meant as to locate her and confront her---but taking it to the extreme she is hiding---not from fear of being hurt but from fear of being more exposed by the questions she may be asked.

My idea is the brother is saying keep out of view, as he knows she cannot cope with question time. He actually couldn't if you look at his interviews in the past-his answers were about the same caliber as hers, skirting and a joke.

• Like 1

Shame so many people know nothing about what is going on.

Suthep NEEDS, not wants for his people to engage in a gun fight with Yinglucks body guards so he can blub to the army and ask them to come back into power,

Why would she confront PDRC and give them what they want? Let them chase shadows as i know many are phoning into bluesky saying the PM is here or there just to keep them moving around.

Same as Suthep got his mob supporters to block AIS with rubbish calls, so the other side do the same to Bluesky.