Surapong says government is ready to talk with PDRC

webfact

I do not think suthep is the right person to talk to. The power and the influence of the dem's pdrc/pcad should be the people to talk to. They are more beneath the surface of what we are arguing or debating about. Arrangement or agreements with suthep will not be a sustainable one.

When is Thaksin coming in for talks?

From the postings that you have been showing up here, I don't think you've ever border about the well being and the unity of Thailand. You have been reactionary, confrontational and a Thaksinphobic.

I have decided to put you in my rubbish bin.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is abundantly clear that talks and concessions have been made countless times by the government since Suthep's insurrection began... Just go back and read...too easy really.. It is 100% Suthep who has refused ...every time... anything to the contrary is pure hyperbole... generated by bias...... his obstreperousness and arrogance and self love is responsible for everything after he began his rants, denigration, and veiled as well as unveiled threats.

Countless concessions - but not the one that counts unfortunately!!!

Caretaker Public Health Minister Pradith Sinthawanarong said Monday that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra wanted to negotiate with the leaders of People's Democratic Reform Committee to seek a solution for the political deadlock.

Can Yingluck do that? Will she not be kidnapped or held hostage?

It is abundantly clear that talks and concessions have been made countless times by the government since Suthep's insurrection began... Just go back and read...too easy really.. It is 100% Suthep who has refused ...every time... anything to the contrary is pure hyperbole... generated by bias...... his obstreperousness and arrogance and self love is responsible for everything after he began his rants, denigration, and veiled as well as unveiled threats.

What concessions have the government offered?

Not gonna do your homework for you ...go back and read... but doubt that you will... ...start with dissolving the house calling new elections trying to get the process back on track ad infinitum.. get a clue... nah never mind why bother... ( yawn)

How was new elections a concession to the protesters? They asked her to resign. They didn't ask for new elections until reforms had been completed.

There have been no concessions offered by the government.

And so just because somebody doesn't like your politics you can demand they resign... just because you asked them too.. what the heck planet does that come from...? The electoral process is the one currently in place ( though not sure for how long) and that is how it should be determined not by some idiot making demands and after amending the constitution to be less democratic,,, now is moving even farther away from the process... if they claim they want democracy then there are channels and processes.. if they don't want Democracy that is fine too and their prerogative..as with any sovereign nation...but to pretend to be for Democracy and abandon every aspect of that reeks of Oligarchy pure and simple... at the very least they should tell the truth... that they don't want democracy ../.. not abrogate it

Edited by DirtFarmer

And so just because somebody doesn't like your politics you can demand they resign... just because you asked them too.. what the heck planet does that come from...? The electoral process is the one currently in place ( though not sure for how long) and that is how it should be determined not by some idiot making demands and after amending the constitution to be less democratic,,, now is moving even farther away from the process... if they claim they want democracy then their are channels and processes.. if they don't want Democracy that is fine too and their prerogative..as with any sovereign nation...but to pretend to be for Democracy and abandon every aspect of that reeks of Oligarchy pure and simple... at the very least they should tell the truth... that they don't want democracy ../.. not abrogate it

Just because a hell of a lot of people don't like your family's corruption, they demand they resign.

how many SC Group shares do you think Suthep has started buying now..

A great bargain when they bounce back after this shit is over smile.png

YES this is the 'end game' - I don't think we will ever know who iis doing all the BUYING but it is the manipulation of the SET system

I do not think suthep is the right person to talk to. The power and the influence of the dem's pdrc/pcad should be the people to talk to. They are more beneath the surface of what we are arguing or debating about. Arrangement or agreements with suthep will not be a sustainable one.

When is Thaksin coming in for talks?

From the postings that you have been showing up here, I don't think you've ever border about the well being and the unity of Thailand. You have been reactionary, confrontational and a Thaksinphobic.

I have decided to put you in my rubbish bin.

I care about the well being and unity of Thailand. That's why I support Yingluck resigning and her and her family getting out of politics.

You suggest that the power behind the PDRC should be the people to talk to. Shouldn't Thaksin, being the power and money behind the government, be the one on the other side of the table?

And so just because somebody doesn't like your politics you can demand they resign... just because you asked them too.. what the heck planet does that come from...? The electoral process is the one currently in place ( though not sure for how long) and that is how it should be determined not by some idiot making demands and after amending the constitution to be less democratic,,, now is moving even farther away from the process... if they claim they want democracy then their are channels and processes.. if they don't want Democracy that is fine too and their prerogative..as with any sovereign nation...but to pretend to be for Democracy and abandon every aspect of that reeks of Oligarchy pure and simple... at the very least they should tell the truth... that they don't want democracy ../.. not abrogate it

Just because a hell of a lot of people don't like your family's corruption, they demand they resign.

They are all corrupt...! Get a CLUE... George Bush was corrupt as well but America had to wait it out and use the process... as have other Democracies around the world ... use the process.. childish rhetoric I don't like you resign! I don't want to vote I am going home.. Whaaa Waaa whaaa!!! I am gonna get my gangster brother to beat you into submission You'll see ! (Please ...spare me the interminable whines.. )

But don't pretend to be "Democratic" if you aren't .... and I am not saying it is the only way...but someone once said for all it's faults..Democracy is way ahead of whatever is in second place...all the best gotta go!

Someone predicted that the sun would come up this morning and it did. Let's build him a shrine.

The government has been offering talks to Suthep since November 2013, virtually every week. There are dozen of news posts here to back it up. Suthep has been rejecting talks every single time. His goal is not a peaceful solution. He will reject this one, too.

When my prediction becomes reality, be sure to quote it.

I predict the sun will set in about 2 hrs time. I predict that the crowd of protestors and passers by at the Asoke rally site will number around 250 - 300 pax this evening. I predict that there will be a song played at around 6 pm that will cause all the above to stand. I predict that there will be speeches and music on stage till around 1 am and everyone will then bugger off.

Actually, those are not predictions but just calculated guesses based on painfully collected empirical data over the past few months. I will quote myself if proven right smile.png

The sun will set SOMEWHERE in 2 hours time.

Great prediction! I'll wager that you are right. Incidentally, you were not the poster that predicted that the sun would come up this morning by any chance?

He said Yingluck does not want to cling to her premier position and does not want to fight to be a premier forever. But she wanted the election to proceed in line with the rules.

Resign Yingluck. Then elections will have a chance of continuing.

Why should she, she was elected and will probably be reelected?

Either you have democracy with all it's faults, or you let the army run things, like they do in Myanmar.

So the reds buy votes, so do all sides, it is just that the reds deal in cash.

Taksin was okay, but he upset the wrong people (the hoods) and you can't do that politics, anywhere. Now he works through his sister to run things, what's wrong with that?

Anyway this will run and run.......

Yingluck was not elected by the people if I am not mistaken. The PTP was elected by the people and she was nominated by her brother and thus she was elected by the PTP. Correct me if I am wrong.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They are all corrupt...! Get a CLUE... George Bush was corrupt as well but America had to wait it out and use the process... as have other Democracies around the world ... use the process.. childish rhetoric I don't like you resign! I don't want to vote I am going home.. Whaaa Waaa whaaa!!! I am gonna get my gangster brother to beat you into submission You'll see ! (Please ...spare me the interminable whines.. )

But don't pretend to be "Democratic" if you aren't .... and I am not saying it is the only way...but someone once said for all it's faults..Democracy is way ahead of whatever is in second place...all the best gotta go!

And another rewrite and again missing the salient points of the case at hand.

Someone last week seemed to have predicted that after Suthep started targeting Thaksin's businesses, the government would be more open for discussions. Someone called it right. clap2.gif

they have been offering talks for weeks, months. Nothing new here. It is Suthep's brinkmanship and intransigence that make resolution and dialogue difficult

Yes ...in your dreams. Thaksin is calling the shots. You don't understand the game.

To those who say this government really wants a solution: from all surapong, the puppet fm, has stated before, i dont think so. To those who say suthep wont move. Well, justfully so. The way governments are elected needs to be changed first. What would work now is a truly independent person that both sides would accept to preside over talks. That person is not surapong nor the puppet pm. Maybe one of the privy councelers would do. Or someone who is not involved in politics anymore. Suthep can go too far as well. We need a solution in the middle. Just like the middle path.

Someone last week seemed to have predicted that after Suthep started targeting Thaksin's businesses, the government would be more open for discussions. Someone called it right. clap2.gif

Someone predicted that the sun would come up this morning and it did. Let's build him a shrine.

The government has been offering talks to Suthep since November 2013, virtually every week. There are dozen of news posts here to back it up. Suthep has been rejecting talks every single time. His goal is not a peaceful solution. He will reject this one, too.

When my prediction becomes reality, be sure to quote it.

Perhaps he is not Skype friendly... Edited by fullcave

He said Yingluck does not want to cling to her premier position and does not want to fight to be a premier forever. But she wanted the election to proceed in line with the rules.

Either you have democracy with all it's faults, or you let the army run things, like they do in Myanmar.

Taksin was okay, but he upset the wrong people (the hoods) and you can't do that politics, anywhere. Now he works through his sister to run things, what's wrong with that?

She won't need to resign when the NACC decision comes in, she'll stripped of office. And she won't be getting reelected anytime soon.

She's doomed and the rice scheme/unpaid farmers is a bomb about to go off. They're screwed, they know it. PDRC also has time problems.

It's a classic stare down and both parties are willing to risk killing the hostage, Thailand.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

And it all goes on and on and on.....................

the yellows for what ever reason following the Idiot Suthep, the divine and divisive leader

into the hole he is digging for them on the road to hell.

The reds are a match for you Bangkok arrogant yellow sheep.

and when they show you just a little offering, you claim foul.

But boys you are f....ed see you after the end game!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

#

Are you for real? You must surely be heating.

Edited by MadDog2020

Please tell me what Suthep would have to lose by talking. So Yingluck comes up with a set of bs pre-conditions that don't jive with PDRC, they walk out at least having given it a go and a "see what an unreasonable puppet she is" grin plastered on his face.

But what if some middle ground could be found.....a start at least.

Personally i think the general should make them an offer they can't refuse. Suthep get off the streets & yingluck take an extended holiday.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Please tell me what Suthep would have to lose by talking. So Yingluck comes up with a set of bs pre-conditions that don't jive with PDRC, they walk out at least having given it a go and a "see what an unreasonable puppet she is" grin plastered on his face.

But what if some middle ground could be found.....a start at least.

Personally i think the general should make them an offer they can't refuse. Suthep get off the streets & yingluck take an extended holiday.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If she isn't going to resign, what does he have to gain?

• Like 1

they have been offering talks for weeks, months. Nothing new here. It is Suthep's brinkmanship and intransigence that make resolution and dialogue difficult

If you were not economical with the truth your posts on this topic would read differently! You conveniently forget to include that the caretaker government has always stated preconditions. If one day they agree to unconditional talks then there will undoubtedly be a genuine response from the various opposition groups. Negotiations require that both sides concede equally if a mutually agreeable consensus it to be reached, having started on a level playing field.

Edited by Anon999

If she isn't going to resign, what does he have to gain?

What does PT have to gain then? Who in their right mind enters a negotiation on the precondition you have to resign beforehand?

A compromise along the lines of no Yingluck, with legislation on anti corruption is very much possible, as long as it is followed by fair democratic elections. Suthep needs to enter such negotiations and needs to make his peace that these elections will likely be won by PT.

The yellows are being left so far behind now. Their one last hope of military intervention is gone and the courts aren`t helping either. Its time for him to realise he`s a weakening hand and try and to get what he can. Luckily for normal people that compromise could be very beneficial and keep democracy in tact.

Please tell me what Suthep would have to lose by talking.

Loose the ability to promote himself as a democrat when in reality he wants no such thing. Such negotiations will show a terrible loss of face for him and mark the end of his moment in the spotlight.

Sadly people like himself will keep going until others force their hand, he won`t voluntarily compromise.

The whole issue is pretty straightforward. The young and educated people are tired of a criminal dictator in Dubai running their country for 11 years and want it back.

Yes, sir.

As a Thai citizen who would like to see Thailand reformed before this hasty election that would bound to be the same corrupted dictatorship government team elected again. That does not mean its votes really are a true democracy as long as Thailand is controlled under despotism of Thugsin (puppeteer) and Yingluk (puppet).

Thugsin and his thugs cronies, Red thugs are violent and irrational. That type of Thai people can not be trusted at all.

• Like 1