Yingluck goes to work despite torn ligament

webfact

EMBATTLED PREMIER
Yingluck goes to work despite torn ligament

The Nation

30229539-01_big.gif
Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is wheeled into the weekly Cabinet meeting yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was in a wheelchair when she showed up to attend the weekly Cabinet meeting at the Royal Police Cadet Academy in Nakhon Pathom yesterday.

Reports say that she has torn a ligament in her left ankle and the doctor has told her not to put any weight on it. It will reportedly take her at least two months to fully recover. "Even though I have a torn ligament, I will continue doing my work," Yingluck told reporters.

The PM appeared to hurt herself when she slipped while getting out of a mini-van in Chiang Mai on Saturday. This was one day before the lottery numbers were drawn.

It is believed that many lottery buyers had opted for the licence plate numbers of the two vans she was using during her trip to the North last weekend. The numbers were 5404 and 7879, and many lottery buyers allegedly opted for the numbers 404 and 79 in both the state and underground lottery.

On Sunday, the first prize winning number was 531404 and the winning two-digit number was 79.

It was the eighth time that lottery winning numbers were the same as the numbers on Yingluck's licence plates.

Yesterday, members of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), led by Issara Somchai, visited the Government Lottery Office in Nonthaburi to lodge a complaint against the government and accuse the officials of fixing the lottery tickets.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-19

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work? It's hardly working on a rice farm or a building site all day is it.

even if this injury were real ............it wouldnt stop her making facebook posts anyway .........coffee1.gif

She doesn't make her own facebook posts anyway.

Wasn't she walking straight after having fallen?

Yes, she was. And she was standing on it. I tore the ligaments in my ankle and had the same two months recovery period. But within seconds of tearing the ligament, my ankle was swollen and I could not stand and put the slightest pressure on it. She is faking it.

I dunno about that.

From personal experience, can have a ligament severely strained, or partially torn. Then, if you don't take care of it, a more serious condition might develop.

But (and that's also personal experience) great for sympathy and PR.

she doesn't know how to use the crtches,they don't come with video on how to use them tongue.png

It's not that there isn't a video, it's a bit more about the fact that she need two crutches and she has to make a decision about which crutch goes under which arm... Truly I pity her.

• Like 2