World Cup Prediction Competition.....

chonabot

Just a suggestion, Chon; how about everyone from the last 16 on predict scores to the final in one go, as opposed to one at a time? I know a few of us did this in the group stages anyway. Did this in '02, but did the whole tourney in one go and worked alright although a lot tougher. Obviously if a team goes out early then you lose points all the way down, but will still pick up scores for the ones left in. Probably be a closer call if we did it one game, or one round, at a time, although a lot more work for yourself.

.................or how about if all points thus far accumulated are scrapped from the last 16 on and we all start again with zero.....that would be fair on everyone, wouldn´t it?????????!!! :D:D:o

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion, Chon; how about everyone from the last 16 on predict scores to the final in one go, as opposed to one at a time? I know a few of us did this in the group stages anyway. Did this in '02, but did the whole tourney in one go and worked alright although a lot tougher. Obviously if a team goes out early then you lose points all the way down, but will still pick up scores for the ones left in. Probably be a closer call if we did it one game, or one round, at a time, although a lot more work for yourself.

.................or how about if all points thus far accumulated are scrapped from the last 16 on and we all start again with zero.....that would be fair on everyone, wouldn´t it?????????!!! :D:D:o

I'm willing to negotiate a deal if you'd like to acquire some extra points - 100 baht a point sound ok? :D

don't tell Chon though :D

Clearly a man of vision. Excellent idea!

Even better idea, how about we eliminate all those under 60 points as a little twist? :D

Even better idea, how about we eliminate all those under 60 points as a little twist? :D

Or 63 points ?

:D

I second that! :D:D

Explorer :D

No it's just the way he walks.

:D:D

Well i am feeling lucky today, i see a few 9 pointers come on, what do yo reckon chon? Have i got a chance today? :o:D

You should do fine DB , they are all very easy to predict

So ends another days footie. Some big scores out there today , and a few in here.

Brit gets a massive 21 points :D , hearts in mouth time for a few of us who predicted the Spain game 3-1, last minute penalty, followed by a fluffed 50-50 chance.

Incredibly tight at the bottom half of the table, 8 points separate 14 predictors.

Over the halfway stage now, but with 31 games left I expect the positions the shift a few times in the next fortnight.

The Croc is still 21 points ahead of Jack, 2nd place looks the best most of us can do, unless.......... :o

Old_Croc 109

JackR 88

Scouse 82

Chonabot 82

CalibanJr 82

Explorer 80

Vulcan 79

MrBojangles 77

SvenIvan 77

Neeranam 75

Redrus 74

SpittheDog 72

TomYumGoong 72

Simmo 72

Jockstar 70

Game4shame 69

Brit 69

Donz 66

Backpack 66

Prof 66

Oneeyedjohn 64

Daleyboy 64

Totster 63

KhunYak 63

HaroiHenry 62

Chuchok 62

Thaipauly 62

Nongwahyay 62

Greg.D 53

Tytus 49

Sing_Sling 38

Oh yes , I nearly forgot, theres a little game of footie tomorrow....................

Come on England!!!!

Edited by chonabot

Attention Predictors!

I require your attention please. :o

On Friday, after the last group stage match is played, I will send out XL sheets with details of all the 2nd round matches ( 8 games ).

I require the xl sheets to be sent back to me before the kick off of the first 2nd round match, Saturday 1600 GMT.

Please predict all of these matches, if you have not predicted them all , you will receive 0 points for that fixture. I will do my best to remind all of you, but ultimately the responsibility lies with the predictors. If you have any points to raise between now and then please do so on this thread or by PM.

After the 2nd round matches are complete I will send out more xl sheets for the 4 QF matches. There will be a similar post to this at that time.

Chon

ps

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind making all the next round predictions in the knockout rounds. It makes sense to be flexible in the group games, since we've not seen a lot of the teams' form, etc. By the knockout rounds, everybody has seen enough to make informed (ha!) decisions.

BTW, given the criteria, looking at the tables, if France beats Togo by 3 goals, it looks like they advance, is that right?

If Chonabot doesn´t botch up his calculations, I reckon I should jump up a good 10 places after today´s games......

I'm sure he's making mistakes with my scores . . . hmm, grumble, grumble . . . so sure . . . grumble, grumble . . . :o

If Chonabot doesn´t botch up his calculations, I reckon I should jump up a good 10 places after today´s games......

I'm sure he's making mistakes with my scores . . . hmm, grumble, grumble . . . so sure . . . grumble, grumble . . . :o

Yes....he seems to have been doing it from the very start of the competition.... I demand a recount...we wuz robbed.........(now he´ll have to scrap all the points and start again from the last 16.......he can send out mails congratulating those in the first half of the table on having been clever pricks.......eh, sorry, dicks........) :D

This is a possibility , if you seriously think I may have cocked up your scores chaps, please pm me and we can sort it out. :D:D:D:D

This is a possibility , if you seriously think I may have cocked up your scores chaps, please pm me and we can sort it out. :D:D:D:D

Honestly? Hahahaha - nah, doubt you've made a mistake with mine - I've gone for the outsiders from beginning to end.

A entered in a comp here in Singapore and am joing leader . . . played the favourites . . .go figure.

You've done an excellent job - thank you for putting in your time and effort to provide a bit of fun.

(I do think you have made mistakes in the first 32 places . . . doubled their score, surely!!!

A entered in a comp here in Singapore and am joing leader . . . played the favourites . . .go figure.

You've done an excellent job - thank you for putting in your time and effort to provide a bit of fun.

(I do think you have made mistakes in the first 32 places . . . doubled their score, surely!!!

:o Sorry. I've just noticed sing sling, that 17 more posts and your'e there. Taken 2 and a half years though :D

:o Sorry. I've just noticed sing sling, that 17 more posts and your'e there. Taken 2 and a half years though :D

16 more, Mrbojangles, due to my slow typing skills! :D Many thanks for noticing! (Umm,where is there? :D )

I'm sure he's making mistakes with my scores . . . hmm, grumble, grumble . . . so sure . . . grumble, grumble . . . :D

50quid note, should land me on the top!!! :o

Heres the table after todays first 2 games , a lot of you scored well. Croc is pi$$ing it , only a miracle can stop him now......or a hard disk crash at Chez Chon. :o

Old_Croc 109

CalibanJr 93

JackR 88

Scouse 82

Chonabot 82

Explorer 80

Vulcan 79

MrBojangles 77

SvenIvan 77

SpittheDog 76

Neeranam 75

Redrus 74

TomYumGoong 72

Simmo 72

Jockstar 70

Game4shame 69

Brit 69

Donz 66

Backpack 66

Prof 66

KhunYak 66

Oneeyedjohn 64

Daleyboy 64

Totster 63

HaroiHenry 62

Chuchok 62

Thaipauly 62

Nongwahyay 62

Greg.D 53

Tytus 49

Sing_Sling 38

Less than 3 hours to kick off.......I have a big bet on an England win , it seemed like a good idea at the time...... :D

Come on you beauties!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by chonabot