What have you bought for your bike recently.

yankee99

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got these yesterday while buying a replacement fuse from a shop specialized on kawa ksr and honda msx.

They were in discount and i got the last one.

20 thb and they offer visibility and they dont work if you stop:lol:

Of course will remove them soon:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And i am at RSV Racing workshop at this moment now getting these nice black rearsets too! 5500 thb, not bad. Actually, they dont have black one in their stock but they heard that i need them for the track day this weekend so they have found one for me in their stock magically!:lol:

They also do braided brake line conversion for cbr650f for 6000 thb everything included. They said it is harder for abs ones so more expensive.

Besides, installing upside down forks from supersport bikes with a new triple clamp costs 30 k thb for cbr650f and sure similar for other bikes.

Well next time maybe!

post-184955-13993665818877_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993666190335_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993666416249_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

This is how they make rearsets and other aluminum stuff here.

They have a lot of equipment here and i have been here before but they bought some new machinery.

post-184955-13993688702783_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993688883071_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993689046676_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Done! Looks nice. Will spray the rearpegs to balck soon.

Stock rearsets on the back, going home.

post-184955-13993699770544_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993699957195_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993700368086_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993700648898_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Look good LL

I really like RSV & have spoken with them many times.

Very nice folks. June in the office is very nice & she always replies emails promptly

also as you said they do Earls braided brake lines & at a very very good price actually

I got mine from them but installed myself as I am up North

Congrats

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I wonder if they could knock out some nice MX style pegs for the "X" instead of the round ones. Especially if they could make them nice and wide for those of us with big feet. I would be interested in that. See below for an example.

FTWControlsJJ.jpg

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Look good LL

I really like RSV & have spoken with them many times.

Very nice folks. June in the office is very nice & she always replies emails promptly

also as you said they do Earls braided brake lines & at a very very good price actually

I got mine from them but installed myself as I am up North

Congrats

Mania, June is not only nice but also beautifulbiggrin.png

I asked her if she will go to BIRA track day or not!

I like the rsv products and they have ability to do any modification.

I will go for the brake lines too later but is 6000 thb expensive a bit you think?

I wonder if they could knock out some nice MX style pegs for the "X" instead of the round ones. Especially if they could make them nice and wide for those of us with big feet. I would be interested in that. See below for an example.

xFTWControlsJJ.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hFH8YArv

Dave, they can do anything for you there if you can give them the measurements and design. They have a computerized system there.

But I see adventure regrets like you posted on some honda cb500x in Bangkok. possibly someone have done it already.

LL RSV has some pics of the happy customer on FB

With a nice thank you note to you & mention how it was not produced but they

got it done for your race

Nice folks

haha. Thanks mania. Checking now.

They are nice guys.

They gave me the nearest as the owner is opening a stand there and also he will do the track day too. So I think he pity me with my poo's ground clearance and gave me one of his orders to someone else!

Overall, the ergonomy of the bike is perfect now like a supersport. Can squeeze the tank better and control the bike easier while tucking on tank. Plus rear brake felling is much more better now. But it was raining while I was going home and pegs got slippery a bit not in a dangerous way though. Wonder why they did not do more grooves or made them deeper on the pegs but it should be fine with riding boots.

And aluminum quality is better on 'riders' aluminum products.

Still a good purchase and a good product I can say. Good ground clearance and I can adjust the pegs for more relaxed rides if needed easily.

Mania, June is not only nice but also beautiful:D

I will go for the brake lines too later but is 6000 thb expensive a bit you think?

Haha LL yes she is a looker too.

On the 6k baht for your bike I don't know if it is expensive.

It is compared to mine but I just needed lines single front disc & no abs

So I imagine yours is about right

Many kits for single front disk no abs can run 5k

so 6k for your dbl + abs longer lines does not sound too far off.

They are not beyond dealing a bit too so you can ask Lot Raka Dai mai krup?

Maybe they give you a better price since your a repeat customer wink.png

Mania, June is not only nice but also beautiful:D

Haha LL yes she is a looker too.

On the 6k baht for your bike I don't know if it is expensive.

It is compared to mine but I just needed lines single front disc & no abs

So I imagine yours is about right

Many kits for single front disk no abs can run 5k

so 6k for your dbl + abs longer lines does not sound too far off.

They are not beyond dealing a bit too so you can ask Lot Raka Dai mai krup?

Maybe they give you a better price since your a repeat customer wink.png

yep. 5000 thb will be a fair price. On my next visit there. The thing is I am running some kind of course 2 km away their shop and need to go that area everyday by chance until the end of next week!

Edited by ll2

• 3 weeks later...

New boots. Finally decided to retire my Oxtar's after 7 years of use. More due to time owned aging, then to time worn aging. RST make some good bike gear and these are waiting for me. smile.pngattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1401027115870.jpg

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

was looking at them boots, but in the uk they also have alpine smx plus boots reduced from 250 to 169 quid only in the white though......decisions decisions

post-105817-0-23583100-1401028018_thumb.

Edited by taninthai

I just fitted a tinted double bubble windshield to my GSXR. What a difference, almost zero wind buffeting at highway speeds. People say the supersports are uncomfortable but with the helibars (1.5" raise over standard and set slightly more towards the rider than stock) and the new windshield it's actually pretty good for long distances now.

For anyone with a supersport I'd say these 2 mods are great if you plan on doing more than just track days. Pretty easy to switch between the 2 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Roller cart and a box to sit on. Purple was the only color btw.

20140604_183944.jpg

Yankee, where did you purchase from, as I was planning to go the Snapon route?

$T2eC16F,!)0FIZRyqU,1BSPo)S5Oog~~60_35.J

Edited by Garry

Bought a few bit for my SR400 recently.

1. SR500 Crank and Rod.

2. 90mm piston.

3. megacycle cam.

4. turbo.

Have decided not to sell but to tinker some more. Will build it aspirated first (540cc) and then add the turbo.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

Hi guys, now that I have the European lighting switch set for my Ducati. This switch set gives the option to turn all lights off. I was wondering if there was an sealed beam (LED) light supplier in Thailand? Preferably with a built in resistor. I want a parking/driving light setup available on hand when I feel the need to switch on.

Thanks in advance, post-6366-14018870513878_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Garry

Its not exactly like the snapon but seems to function well for my purposes. Its also probably some what cheaper.

Both were purchased at hardware house on 36 near rayong. The cart which is decent quality was 2200 and the seat/tool box which holds my 190lbs easily was 300. The magnetic tray were 139.

• Like 1

New boots. Finally decided to retire my Oxtar's after 7 years of use. More due to time owned aging, then to time worn aging. RST make some good bike gear and these are waiting for me. smile.pngattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1401027115870.jpg

was looking at them boots, but in the uk they also have alpine smx plus boots reduced from 250 to 169 quid only in the white though......decisions decisions

attachicon.gifAlpinestars_smx_plus_White.jpg

I have the SMX-Plus perforated and thoroughly recommend them, never ever sweaty and they fit me like a glove. They are made in Thailand now. 8000k if you ask for discount at Paddock BKK all colors available. They have the new SIDI's too which are very nice but more expensive.

Garry

Its not exactly like the snapon but seems to function well for my purposes. Its also probably some what cheaper.

Both were purchased at hardware house on 36 near rayong. The cart which is decent quality was 2200 and the seat/tool box which holds my 190lbs easily was 300. The magnetic tray were 139.

Thanks Yankee, I'm up Chiang Rai way. Do you have a name for the shop, perhaps a website? (hopeful I know). :)

Garry

Thanks Yankee, I'm up Chiang Rai way. Do you have a name for the shop, perhaps a website? (hopeful I know). :)

The name is hardware house i think they have a website but i cant find it. Here is where i got the info originally.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/719703-new-hardware-house/page-2

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-10942-0-62363800-1398124726.jpg

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-10942-0-44606000-1398124663.jpg

• Like 1