US sailors arrive in Phuket ready to party

Lite Beer

I have seen this before by my own eyes. They told: recreation clap2.gif .

They <removed> all of the lady boys in soi bangla and around and all of the patong hooker got a big face and told very high prices during the sailors were in shore. When they left everything came back to normaly way within 24 hours.

Yes. Agreed.

As for my English, I would much rather have learned French. Too bad we got stuck with that. Alas, it was too late to change after you boys turned tail and left the colonies.

At least we gave the English language some flavor. It was all screwed up by the French ..by the way, after the Battle of Hastings in 1066.

Yes. Agreed.

As for my English, I would much rather have learned French. Too bad we got stuck with that. Alas, it was too late to change after you boys turned tail and left the colonies.

At least we gave the English language some flavor. It was all screwed up by the French ..by the way, after the Battle of Hastings in 1066.

er...... its 'flavour'

haha You see the french influence.... Good for you.

anyway.... wrong again.

er.....it's (not its) either flavor or flavour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavor

you are wrong twice...once more and you are out of the game

"guided missile destroyer"

"Launched in 1996, the ship, in addition to being able to carry as many as 90 missiles of various types, has two arrays of torpedo tubes, a five-inch gun on the foredeck and a Phalanx anti-missile Gatling gun. Powered by four gas turbines"

No match for Phuket tuk tuk mafia!

Not to mention a few tons of sewage held in while in port. Let us hope the taxi mafia pays respect.

Sgtsabai says it's a court martial offense to be 'caught with a prostitute'??? I'm sure a few of the guys will find a workaround to that rule.

Welcome, sailors. have a great time in the Land of Smiles. Thank you for your service.

The workaround is "don't get caught". Sailors excel at that (check out my screen name).

After weeks of being surrounded by nothing but water..................................

I spoke with a few of them in the past and found them to be very friendly, polite, and respectful.

Any other impressions?

you mean when their sober.

when the ranger came to patts.in the eighties we all moved out then moved back when they had gone.

This thread seems to have gotten into a slanging match, and I have no real understanding of why that is.

It started with the behaviour of the American service personnel onshore here, and as I have lived in this place for seven years and been coming here for another three, I can speak from some experience. I have found them to be perfect gentleman, polite, well mannered and not in the least bit arrogant or any of the other traits levelled at them.

In fact they are a credit to their country in my opinion. Sure, there will be an exception or two, however one has to bear in mind where these guys have been for the past many months and some high spirits are only to be expected.

As for the criticisms levelled at the USA, well sure it has its bad publicity just the same as many other countries have, but it gives me a sense of security to know that the USA has a major presence around the world, and IMO the world is a better place for it.

This coming from a guy whose country banned American nuclear warships from its ports for many years and had a bit of a prickly relationship with the USA for some time, however now the ties are stronger than ever and for that I am thankful.

• Like 1

Sgtsabai says it's a court martial offense to be 'caught with a prostitute'??? I'm sure a few of the guys will find a workaround to that rule.

Welcome, sailors. have a great time in the Land of Smiles. Thank you for your service.

You seem to forget there are no prostitutes in Thailand.

I'm sure the sailors will find plenty of girls willing to guide them around the temples though.

• Like 2

Yes. Agreed.

er...... its 'flavour'

anyway.... wrong again.

you are wrong. It is flavour seeOXFORD dictionaries... Not wiki wats

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Yes. Agreed.

er...... its 'flavour'

anyway.... wrong again.

you are wrong. It is flavour seeOXFORD dictionaries... Not wiki wats

What do you expect when you use a British dictionary? Even Oxford dictionary shows the American spelling of it as does the Merriam-Webster, both which are formal sources and not wiki.

Anyway, nitpicking aside, on to the topic.