Motorbike Trip from Bangkok to Chiang Mai

I am planning a trip for about 10 to 14 days from Bangkok to Chiangmai , If anyone with a motorcycle is interested to travel along , let me know.

Estimated Departure End of May or early June 2014 . I ride a Honda Forza

If you have any suggestions on a route north that would be interesting let me know as well.

Usually (less than) a day trip.

You want to do take 10-14 days to do it?

10-14 days, I would probably do something along the lines of this MAP

Khao Yai and along Southren Isaan to check out the Khmer temples. Then up along the Mekhong to Udon. Across to Loei amd then south through Petchabun. Up North then again through Phrae and Nan (a few days riding there). To Chiang Rai and then the MHS loop to Tak, then up North to Chiang Rai.

Edited by Som wat
  • Like 1

Ayutthaya-Sukhotai-Lampang-Chiang Mai-Phayao-Nan-Chiang Rai.

Petchabun-Loei-Nong Khai-Sakhon Nakhon-Nakhon Phanom-Mukdahan-Ubon Ratchathani-Srisaket-Buriram-Bangkok.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Usually (less than) a day trip.

You want to do take 10-14 days to do it?

10-14 days, I would probably do something along the lines of this MAP

Khao Yai and along Southren Isaan to check out the Khmer temples. Then up along the Mekhong to Udon. Across to Loei amd then south through Petchabun. Up North then again through Phrae and Nan (a few days riding there). To Chiang Rai and then the MHS loop to Tak, then up North to Chiang Rai.

Thanks for the Suggestion, really appreciated.

Yes i want to tour around and get in as much as possible in that time.

• Like 1

Third week of June I'm headed up that way. Going up through Phetchabun to Nan and then around Mae Hong Son to Mae Sot.

That is a bit late for me as i need to go to Canada at that time. Have a great trip

What are you riding ??

CB500X. You have a good trip also.

Last year I did CM, Plok, Khoen Kaen, Surin, Pattaya, Bangkok,Plok,and Chiang Mai in 8 days. My ride is a PCX150 shortest day was around 350k longest was 600k

I also have a PCX 150, and plan to do road trips, do you have the original seat on it? You did 600k in one day? I bet you were walking like John Wayne the following day.

Last year I did CM, Plok, Khoen Kaen, Surin, Pattaya, Bangkok,Plok,and Chiang Mai in 8 days. My ride is a PCX150 shortest day was around 350k longest was 600k

I also have a PCX 150, and plan to do road trips, do you have the original seat on it? You did 600k in one day? I bet you were walking like John Wayne the following day.

No, I have a different seat and no not walking weird. What gets you most is the moisture build up on your butt which can be painful lots of baby power to stay dry and now I have a seat net but have not taken long ride on it yet. You just need to put in the kilometers and get your butt into shape. I had already rode 3 days straight and over 900k with a couple of days rest stop in Surin before the 600k day. I do put in 2 or 3 days at the gym when I can, at 68 I need every advantage I can get

Edited by moe666
  • Thanks 1

No, I have a different seat and no not walking weird. What gets you most is the moisture build up on your butt which can be painful lots of baby power to stay dry and now I have a seat net but have not taken long ride on it yet. You just need to put in the kilometers and get your butt into shape. I had already rode 3 days straight and over 900k with a couple of days rest stop in Surin before the 600k day. I do put in 2 or 3 days at the gym when I can, at 68 I need every advantage I can get

I think I will get a seat net, I think it is unlikely I will do much more than 200Ks in a day. I don't think I will need to bother much about getting my butt into shape. At 6ft tall and 78 Ks, (Unlike you, we don't have a gym where I live,) I keep trim by using the exercise machines in the park most days.

But good on you going to the gym, though I have to say men who use the gym to build up muscles look every bit as revolting as the big belly, tattooed brigade, but I do not see that applying to you.

• Like 1

I think I will get a seat net, I think it is unlikely I will do much more than 200Ks in a day. I don't think I will need to bother much about getting my butt into shape. At 6ft tall and 78 Ks, (Unlike you, we don't have a gym where I live,) I keep trim by using the exercise machines in the park most days.

But good on you going to the gym, though I have to say men who use the gym to build up muscles look every bit as revolting as the big belly, tattooed brigade, but I do not see that applying to you.

The gym is mostly for upper body your arms and shoulder get very tired holding on to the handle bars and if you have a lot of curves to ride can be very hard on the old body, The gym just lets me stress the old muscles and strengthen them so not so tired or sore at the end of the day. At the end of the day the fresher you feel and have energy left for other things than crashing in bed the better you will enjoy your ride. What I do before I start trip I decide to go to point c but point B is between me and C and C I cannot ride in a day so it is point B no matter how far and that has typically worked out to be the half way point for the rides I have made.

Edited by moe666
  • Like 1