Panthongtae ridicules Abhisit on social media

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm not sure whether its g'kid or fab4 who is the winner of the glorious title of 'person who has met / knows was at more meetings with / witnessed more events & dialogue in Thailand'.

Cute, but another maliciously inaccurate comment.

If one is in Thailand and is gainfully employed in one of the sectors where interaction with the locals is common, it should be expected that there will be interaction. There a large number of foreigners such as the development managers, or managing directors who interact on a regular basis with key members of Thai society. The diplomatic and trade representatives do this on a near daily basis. The managers, researchers and executives of multiple foreign entities do this regularly. My interactive events are a fraction of theirs. The fact that they do not post on TVF does not mean that such interactions do not occur.

Is this too logical for you to grasp? Need an example? When GM was working on its expansion last year, its personnel were practically joined at the hip to the trade and commerce ministry personnel, and spent a considerable amount of time out in the field with their dealers and key suppliers some of whom are the bigwigs of Thai industry. It happens. The fact that many tvfers interaction with Thais is restricted to bargirls or shop attendants at 7-11 and Tesco doesn't mean that other foreigners don't have interactions at a higher level of importance. You are using your life as a reference point. Not everyone is retired and living on a pension.

And you try to make an assertion that every farang in Thailand (except you) is a bar fly or retired on a pension. Also cute.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both you and I can think of quite a few influential Thais who have been caught doing something much worse than cheating, yet were subsequently cleared of all charges. Does that mean they were all innocent and that those pressing charges were just lying? :-D

Fair comment. However, within the context of this thread, the repeated comment is made that cheating occurred. "proof" is offered. Yet, when the alternative "proof" is offered that the cheating allegation was dismissed, meaning that the allegation does not hold, there is an obstinate refusal to acknowledge that in the absence of actual evidence and a ruling that cheating occurred, there must be a presumption of innocence. Let's look at your logic and apply it to a situation many foreigners encounter in Thailand, particularly those in Pattaya and Phuket. Many foreigners are accused of being sex tourists, but when there is no evidence given to support the allegation, does that mean that all foreigners must be deemed to be sex tourists because some are? Many bar girls come from Isaan. Does that mean that everyone who marries a girl from Isaan married a bargirl?

GK, Quote " does that mean that everyone who marries a girl from Issan married a bar girl" Thai men no. BUT farrang nearly spot on.

Picture this a guy comes on holiday from Liverpool, he stays in Issan town country for his holiday meets a local and gets married ??? STUPID.

Most tourists come into BKK and other/places head for the main attractions, mainly the Singles get in tally with a girl who invariably comes from Issan, and most of these are from Bars.

There are some lovely girls from Issan , example Pattaya, that do not work in bars though, and meet farrangs, but this is rare.

This stupid boy is being groomed by his equally stupid father to be the next in line in the planned hereditary family dictatorship.

His father is so stupid that he became wealthy in a country where a small oligarchy had previously controlled wealth. He is so stupid that he won a landslide election. He is so stupid that Abhisit and his puppet masters in the military could not silence him. He is so stupid that he had no trouble finding a place to stay and of being hired as an adviser.

And meanwhile, you were stupid enough to come to Thailand where you jump through hoops to get your visa and denigrate and insult Thais you do not deem qualify for your acceptance. Okie dokie.

No, Mr. Thaksin is not stupid - Mr. Thaksin is cunning and ruthless and single-minded and greedy who is an expert in playing the Thai system. Now, his son is more and more frequently in the news...combine this tidbit with a rich and powerful father characterized as above and you get a scenario for Thailand's future where I can't decide whether to howl at the moon, or dance a jig...please advise Mr. geriatrickd...

Actually gKid may be right. His father (i.e. young Oaf's) is so stupid that he is unable to come back to Thailand for fear to be put in jail or maybe even be assassinated. That seems to suggest he must have done something wrong. Let's hope the young chip of the old block(head) is smarter.

This is just too funny. GK, keep up the good work.

Thanks. It's a bit cruel of me though to keep stepping on some mental cripples. One of my friends is aghast. She says I need more work sent my way to occupy me. I told her that if the Ac systems were working I wouldn't be so rough.

Trust you are managing in the heat. Thaksin is in New York now, and I believe Oak accompanied him. Some of the hard core haters should try and see if they can find him and let him know how they feel.

Thankfully GK, the clouds broke and a nice thunder storm cleared the air biggrin.png So I'm managing, as always just fine. You have bought some much needed humour to TV in the past 24 hours.

Really, Thailand could do with a storm to clear the air and wash away the corrupt practices of the politicians on both sides of the fence. As for Thaksin and Oak, that's nice I hope they enjoy their trip - to New York.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think both you and I can think of quite a few influential Thais who have been caught doing something much worse than cheating, yet were subsequently cleared of all charges. Does that mean they were all innocent and that those pressing charges were just lying? :-D

Fair comment. However, within the context of this thread, the repeated comment is made that cheating occurred. "proof" is offered. Yet, when the alternative "proof" is offered that the cheating allegation was dismissed, meaning that the allegation does not hold, there is an obstinate refusal to acknowledge that in the absence of actual evidence and a ruling that cheating occurred, there must be a presumption of innocence. Let's look at your logic and apply it to a situation many foreigners encounter in Thailand, particularly those in Pattaya and Phuket. Many foreigners are accused of being sex tourists, but when there is no evidence given to support the allegation, does that mean that all foreigners must be deemed to be sex tourists because some are? Many bar girls come from Isaan. Does that mean that everyone who marries a girl from Isaan married a bargirl?

"..... obstinate refusal to acknowledge ....."

Well let's do a simple test.

Do you g'kid acknowledge or will you just continue to avoid comment, on why the poor, some now destitute, farmers suddenly went quiet, and weeks later (total now 6 months in many cases) they have still not been paid. And from the comments made by several government luminaries many will be waiting many more months.

So put your money where your mouth is and give a specific comment on this matter (and not a diversion).

I have been wondering about the sudden silence drive their tractors all the way to Bangkok (which had to cost fair bit in fuel) and do nothing other than turn them around and go home. Then not a peep about where is there money. I smell red shirt intimidation here.

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether its g'kid or fab4 who is the winner of the glorious title of 'person who has met / knows was at more meetings with / witnessed more events & dialogue in Thailand'.

If one is in Thailand and is gainfully employed in one of the sectors where interaction with the locals is common, it should be expected that there will be interaction. There a large number of foreigners such as the development managers, or managing directors who interact on a regular basis with key members of Thai society. The diplomatic and trade representatives do this on a near daily basis. The managers, researchers and executives of multiple foreign entities do this regularly. My interactive events are a fraction of theirs. The fact that they do not post on TVF does not mean that such interactions do not occur.

Is this too logical for you to grasp? Need an example? When GM was working on its expansion last year, its personnel were practically joined at the hip to the trade and commerce ministry personnel, and spent a considerable amount of time out in the field with their dealers and key suppliers some of whom are the bigwigs of Thai industry. It happens. The fact that many tvfers interaction with Thais is restricted to bargirls or shop attendants at 7-11 and Tesco doesn't mean that other foreigners don't have interactions at a higher level of importance. You are using your life as a reference point. Not everyone is retired and living on a pension.

And you try to make an assertion that every farang in Thailand (except you) is a bar fly or retired on a pension. Also cute.

So now because I am retired and on a pension that pays me well enough that I can live in Thailand legally and live well he wants to belittle me. Typical of him he is just jealous that I can reason things out and not have to kiss other people's a--s to survive in the land of smiles.

Does young Oaf know that to ridicule people via facebook can be a tricky thing to do. It can open people to defamation charges and so.

"Police have issued a summons for cartoonist Chai Ratchawat, aka Somchai Katanyutanont, to appear for questioning in connection with allegations he defamed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in comments on his Facebook page relating to a speech she made in Mongolia."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-to-question-Chai-over-defamation-of-PM-30206698.html

Does young Oaf know that to ridicule people via facebook can be a tricky thing to do. It can open people to defamation charges and so.

"Police have issued a summons for cartoonist Chai Ratchawat, aka Somchai Katanyutanont, to appear for questioning in connection with allegations he defamed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in comments on his Facebook page relating to a speech she made in Mongolia."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-to-question-Chai-over-defamation-of-PM-30206698.html

It's Oak, rubl. Almost funny the first time, after several repeats it's just juvenile.

Oh that defamation charge you're talking about. If Oak actually stoops to that level he would probably deserve a defamation charge. Oak correctly pointing out that saviour abhisit has been part of the problem in todays politics is hardly comparable with this

Chai posted photographs of Yingluck delivering the speech in Mongolia with the caption: "Please understand that whores are not bad women. Whores only sell their bodies, but a bad woman has been wandering around trying to sell the country."

or perhaps you don't have a problem with misogyny?

It's Oak, rubl. Almost funny the first time, after several repeats it's just juvenile.

Oh that defamation charge you're talking about. If Oak actually stoops to that level he would probably deserve a defamation charge. Oak correctly pointing out that saviour abhisit has been part of the problem in todays politics is hardly comparable with this

Chai posted photographs of Yingluck delivering the speech in Mongolia with the caption: "Please understand that whores are not bad women. Whores only sell their bodies, but a bad woman has been wandering around trying to sell the country."

Actually it would seem young chippy said ""It is the Democrats who created problems for the country by opposing the elections," rather than saying k. Abhisit to be part of the problem. Not defamation true, just a case of selective memory. He must have forgotten that the anti-government protests got really started when his Aunty tried to push through that blanket Amnesty Bill which even covered her administration's first two years.

Actually it would seem young chippy said ""It is the Democrats who created problems for the country by opposing the elections," rather than saying k. Abhisit to be part of the problem. Not defamation true, just a case of selective memory. He must have forgotten that the anti-government protests got really started when his Aunty tried to push through that blanket Amnesty Bill which even covered her administration's first two years.

Oh silly me there was I thinking abhisit admitted that he and his party were part of the problem, but you'll have to access BP to find that out.

Oh by the way, you never said whether you thought the cartoonist should be questioned for defamation? I got the impression you didn't think his comments were defamatory, I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by fab4

Oh silly me there was I thinking abhisit admitted that he and his party were part of the problem, but you'll have to access BP to find that out.

Oh by the way, you never said whether you thought the cartoonist should be questioned for defamation? I got the impression you didn't think his comments were defamatory, I hope I'm wrong.

True Abhist admitted he and his party were part of the problem. Oak said it was created by them. A true Shinawatra admit nothing point the finger at every one else. Just a guarantee that the next generation of Shinawatra's are going to be the same as the one's we have now. No good for Thailand.

Trust me if the Cartoonist was charged with Slander he was questioned. We know Yingluck is not all that brite but I am sure some one around her came up with the idea to question the cartoonist. I doubt very much that they are going to go to court not knowing what he is going to say. On the other hand there is not a lot of brains in the lot of them. Thaksin says she has bad aides and he himself is just a caddy to his clone twin. Put them all together and you would be lucky if they had enough sense to know how to play hide and seek.

They got the seek down they are always seeking fall guys but they haven't figured out how to hide before they find the fall guy.

There is nothing sadder than a Geriatric Hipster.

GK asserts; "Thaksin represents ascent through hard work,"

'hard work' ...like when T was buddies with the Finance Minister, and craftily bought as many dollars as he possible could (did he borrow for that also?) ....knowing the next day, the FM would float the baht. The baht had been pegged at 25 to the dollar for many years. After that 'float' all the insiders knew the baht would dramatically sag to over 50 to the dollar. Thaksin and his buddies, made millions of dollars with that inside info. If he had tried that scam in the US, he would have been prosecuted for 'insider trading' but alas, Thailand is soft on the well-connected. I wouldn't be surprised if Thailand has no rules re; 'insider trading.'

Or perhaps, you were referring to other examples of Thaksin's hard work; like hiding his assets with hired help and lying about it, or hiding assets with Ample Rich and other hidden accounts around the world (which sucks assets out of Thailand) or cheating on taxes.

If Oak is a scion of his dad, then he will continue the Shinawatre tradition of cheating, hiding assets illegally, ignoring environmental issues, ignoring the plight of hill tribers, and transferring Thai assets to China (via the 2.2 trillion baht train deal, etc). Good luck Thailand, if you embrace Oak as a future leader, you'll need all the luck you can muster.